Kintamayama

Harumafuji scandal thread- part 2

Posted (edited)

Harumafuji will appear in the Shinobu Sakagami Presents documentary drama 直撃!シンソウ坂上SP about how the name of the Heisei era was decided - and this scandal in the end, subtitle: Harumafuji confesses & exclusive - aired on the 10th, Fuji TV 7:57h JST.

Fuji TV followed him all the way, first ever scenes from his parent's and his own house - like Taka, he'll tell it all (part 1 of n)

http://www.rbbtoday.com/article/2019/01/07/166508.html

sum19010705000002-p1.jpg

I wonder how they'll connect the Heisei drama to the drama of the sumo scandal

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

On 07/01/2019 at 05:07, Akinomaki said:

Harumafuji will appear in the Shinobu Sakagami Presents documentary drama 直撃!シンソウ坂上SP about how the name of the Heisei era was decided - and this scandal in the end, subtitle: Harumafuji confesses & exclusive - aired on the 10th, Fuji TV 7:57h JST.

Fuji TV followed him all the way, first ever scenes from his parent's and his own house - like Taka, he'll tell it all (part 1 of n)

http://www.rbbtoday.com/article/2019/01/07/166508.html

Miomio http://www.miomio.tv/watch/cc415805/ starting ~1:18:00
Harumafuji portion w/ CM removed

I'm a firm believer in rehabilitation and learning from past mistakes.  Harumafuji with his thoughts about the matter says he reflects on how to repay back Mongolia and Japan through education.  If his contributions are a way of carrying out atonement it is a good direction in moving forward, positively.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

21 hours ago, orandashoho said:

Is he still a part-time coach at Isegahama-beya?

I  wonder about that too.  Unofficially acting as a coach since intai could it be Isegahama O. allows it to continue?  At the beginning of the program he is being interviewed at his own apartment in Japan which he lives with his family (wife and 3 kids) making me wonder if he keeps the home to tie up loose ends while there or plans to stay longterm.  He states that his plan/dream was to become naturalized Japanese citizen and stay within JSA ultimately as an oyakata.  But since the uproar of the assault incident, that ceased to look forward to.  Thus, he moves to another dream.  That is to build the schools in Mongolia integrating elements of a Japanese school.  

4 hours ago, inhashi said:

Unofficially acting as a coach since intai could it be Isegahama O. allows it to continue? 

Officially

On 08/05/2018 at 02:01, Akinomaki said:
On 28/02/2018 at 14:54, Akinomaki said:

Harumafuji seems to have been officially appointed to coach at Isegahama-beya, he's at the Osaka location of the heya now.

And now with the rengo-geiko at Isegahama-beya, Harumafuji's name plate hangs again there on the wall - under the coach group (which I haven't seen yet in these traditional heya displays), below heya-attached toshiyori (with the "yokozuna" plate right next).

We just need a look at the heya wall with the name plates to see if he still is coach - unfortunately the program didn't show any of this

9 hours ago, RPedro44 said:

If he is an official coach at Isegahama, shouldn't it appear in the JSA site (at least in English it doesn't)?

http://www.sumo.or.jp/EnSumoDataSumoBeya/detail/3/

Coaches and heya managers are employed by the heya and no business of the NSK - heya are officially independent business entities. I'd like to know if and how Ichinoya is listed on the panel board in Takasago-beya - he's always referred to under his real name in the news.

Ok. Thanks to let me know. I was convinced that it was also controlled by the NSK.

Harumafuji was spotted entering the same restaurant as Takanoiwa. The two confirmed that they had reconciled. Harumafuji will be present at Takanoiwa’s danpatsushiki. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kamitsuumi said:

Harumafuji was spotted entering the same restaurant as Takanoiwa. The two confirmed that they had reconciled. Harumafuji will be present at Takanoiwa’s danpatsushiki. 

It's great when they make up in the end isn't it? 

10 hours ago, Rocks said:

It's great when they make up in the end isn't it? 

Nah, Harumafuji is playing the long con. He's all buddy-buddy now, but at the Kokugikan, when he's about to take his snip, watch him pull a karaoke remote out of his suit and whack Takanoiwa's head at full force.

"The last one was cause you were being a good-for-nothing bastard. This one's for ending my career, you good-for-nothing bastard!" 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Atenzan said:

Nah, Harumafuji is playing the long con. He's all buddy-buddy now, but at the Kokugikan, when he's about to take his snip, watch him pull a karaoke remote out of his suit and whack Takanoiwa's head at full force.

"The last one was cause you were being a good-for-nothing bastard. This one's for ending my career, you good-for-nothing bastard!" 

Or, "Oops, sorry, cut right through it!  I'm so bad with scissors.  Can we glue this back on so the next 50 people can get a cut?"

18 hours ago, Kamitsuumi said:

arriving at the restaurant http://smart-flash.jp/sports/60443

takanoiwa_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 01:30, Kamitsuumi said:

GogoSmile had a feature about this, with Ishinriki, at 2:33h http://www.miomio.tv/watch/cc417746/

Taka asked if he knew the 2 met and reconciled: "No, I know absolutely nothing about it." - he was the one to block any contact attempts by Harumafuji  - Takanoiwa was the one to propose this meeting, he had tried to do this since end of last year.

Taka asked what he thinks about it: "No no, that subject is out of bounds."

And will he attend the danpatsu-shiki? "No, I can't answer this."

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

OK, this is it-Harumafuji's side of the story, from his new book, brought to us by Chris Gould- his youtube channel is fast becoming a very interesting one. Fascinating story.

Harumafuji's  thoughts on becoming Ozeki/Yokozuna:

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6