Doitsuyama

Sumo Reference Updates

Recommended Posts

Rocks    488
13 hours ago, Sakura said:

It works just using S.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Asojima    1,704
9 minutes ago, orandashoho said:

The sumo database is very slow today. Does anyone else have this problem?

No problem here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Asashosakari    8,618

A couple of yasumi-related problems still persist in the Aki 2016 results, namely with Miura (should be 1-1-5) and Daishoko (should be 3-3-1).

A quick look around for similar issues also brought up a couple of cases from the 1980s, namely Tochiizumi 1986.05, and Maenoarashi and Oishida both 1987.05.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muhomatsu    32

Found an issue with the Kabu.  Take a look at the current list and you will note that Tatsunami Ichimon still exists as the Ichimon name.  Should it not now be Isegahama ichimon, especially since Tatsunami is now part of Takanohana Ichimon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doitsuyama    958
On 10.2.2017 at 23:04, PawnSums said:

no yusho portrait for Nagoya 2009

Well, if you can give me a picture, I will add it. Seems not to be available in the mainichi shop now, but maybe it's to be found somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PawnSums    34
6 hours ago, Doitsuyama said:

Well, if you can give me a picture, I will add it. Seems not to be available in the mainichi shop now, but maybe it's to be found somewhere else.

I have a very small picture, on an unrelated note (but still about sumo pictures) I do have a picture for Minanogawa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PawnSums    34

Raiden's Real Name is listed as #, but on Wikipedia he is Seki Tarokichi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PawnSums    34

For Kyushu 1974, Takanohana I And Wakamisugi have Jun-Yusho While Kitanoumi Has Yusho-Doten

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doitsuyama    958
On 17.2.2017 at 15:30, PawnSums said:

For Kyushu 1974, Takanohana I And Wakamisugi have Jun-Yusho While Kitanoumi Has Yusho-Doten

Well spotted, I corrected this now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rocks    488
5 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

This is an odd one. B-) Back in 1978.03, tsukedashi starter Makino is listed as having lost to himself on Day 3. Apparently the winner of that bout was the other tsukedashi Nagaoka who is currently missing his match for that day.

Yes, but he also beat himself so it equals out. :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doitsuyama    958
On 11.3.2017 at 17:06, Asashosakari said:

This is an odd one. B-) Back in 1978.03, tsukedashi starter Makino is listed as having lost to himself on Day 3. Apparently the winner of that bout was the other tsukedashi Nagaoka who is currently missing his match for that day.

Must have been a bug in my Excel script which generated the bouts from the torikumi tables... thanks as usual for catching the error, should be corrected now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katooshu    334

The all yusho winners page lists Toyohibiki as having won his first juryo yusho, but it is his third.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PawnSums    34
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 03:34, Katooshu said:

The all yusho winners page lists Toyohibiki as having won his first juryo yusho, but it is his third.

beat me to it.

EDIT: it also says it on the basho page and on his profile if you scroll down.

Edited by PawnSums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Asashosakari    8,618

I hate to nag, but a number of problems continue to persist:

Records corrupted in Aki 2016, with the affected H2H counts further compromised since then

http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/12746-sumo-reference-updates/?do=findComment&comment=318401

Wrong rikishi marked as jun-yusho in 1940.05

http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/12746-sumo-reference-updates/?do=findComment&comment=320182

Old records missing yasumi counts

http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/12746-sumo-reference-updates/?do=findComment&comment=325310

In addition, both Hatsu and Haru have the query issue with zero-loss and zero-win rikishi again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PawnSums    34

Sumo Reference keeps going on and Off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doitsuyama    958
On 19.1.2017 at 06:45, Asashosakari said:

A couple of yasumi-related problems still persist in the Aki 2016 results, namely with Miura (should be 1-1-5) and Daishoko (should be 3-3-1).

A quick look around for similar issues also brought up a couple of cases from the 1980s, namely Tochiizumi 1986.05, and Maenoarashi and Oishida both 1987.05.

Sorry for missing this contribution. Corrected, and those should actually already be all such cases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now