Akinomaki

Terunofuji Watch

I guess he simply reached his present physical limit after the 13 days. That doesn't have to mean a relapse of any kind.

The kid is rebuilding his body (meniscusless). 13w+JY is f* awesome. Keep on keeping on, Teru.

(Applauding...)
(Bow...)

Presumably he will only get promoted to the top of Juryo for March, had he won 15-0 there might have been a chance of promotion.

Swami

A very smooth and easy disposal of a heavier opponent. Terunofuji doesn't have what he had, but he still has plenty. It will be interesting to see how he copes with the smaller, faster, more mobile Tobizaru on the morrow. I think 10-5 is the over-under bet IF we go 15 days.

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Today against Daishouhou:

He was flexing his right leg after this match. I hope that he is okay. (Beingunsure...)

3 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

A very smooth and easy disposal of a heavier opponent. Terunofuji doesn't have what he had, but he still has plenty. It will be interesting to see how he copes with the smaller, faster, more mobile Tobizaru on the morrow. I think 10-5 is the over-under bet IF we go 15 days.

I expect Terunofuji to beat Tobizaru easily.  He just needs to avoid morozashi.

4 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Today against Daishouhou:

That seemed pretty easy.... :) 

Guys, this can be one of the greatest comeback story ever...!!! 

Easy win again on day 3 but that right arm seems to bother him a bit, let's hope it's not too serious

Posted (edited)

Kotoshoho is today's opponent.

Edited by Otokonoyama
  • Like 1

He did very well today against a tough opponent. Kotoshoho is really impressive this tournament.

Posted (edited)

I don't think he necessarily looks like his injuries have flared up, more like his sloppy sumo has been exploited by higher ranked opponents who are quick and have the speed to prevent him from settling in and establishing his power. Mitoryu seems like the type of slow and bumbling guy he should beat tonight if he's got some energy left...

Edited by Katooshu

such a powerful but fragile giant...

On 16/03/2020 at 13:23, Katooshu said:

I don't think he necessarily looks like his injuries have flared up, more like his sloppy sumo has been exploited by higher ranked opponents who are quick and have the speed to prevent him from settling in and establishing his power. Mitoryu seems like the type of slow and bumbling guy he should beat tonight if he's got some energy left...

Nice call!