Akinomaki

Terunofuji Watch

Not good. He's seems to be light all of the sudden. He's been winning because his opponents get nowhere on the tachi-ai as he was resisting well enough to counter and finish them. They are now.

Posted (edited)

TnF v Hoshoryu (nephew of Asashoryu)

Edited by Otokonoyama
  • Like 3

Anyone knows the real condition of those knees?

Are they still on a recovery phase and will keep improving with time or they are just "hanging by wires" and next big knock is game over?

I felt like his movement looked very good today. Not easy to defend against all that twisting and turning.

The after-Matta bump didn't seem based in arrogance or annoyance to me, I guess he just didn't want to abruptly stop, considering the state his knees are supposedly in.

13 hours ago, Otokonoyama said:

TnF v Hoshoryu (nephew of Asashoryu)

That was one of the better wins for Terunofuji.  He fought like a zombie in the last few matched but looked strong on this one.   

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, nutzername said:

I felt like his movement looked very good today. Not easy to defend against all that twisting and turning.

Personally, I felt that was more indicative of the fact that Hoshoryu's one big missing ingredient to success at the moment is his lack of pure strength. A lot of other juryo rikishi would have taken that one from that position, IMHO. (Of course, those other juryo rikishi might not be getting to that position to begin with.)

Terunofuji's knees don't look to be a significant issue this basho; he's good enough at standing his ground, unlike the usual "floaty" suspects such as Mitoryu or Yago. He just can't seem do much in yotsu with that arm the last few days.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Like 1

That was an angry throwdown.  On again, off again, and on again.   Terunofuji is looking good in the last two matches.   He has a chance at the Juryo yusho with some help.