Akinomaki

Abema TV all sumo live

4 minutes ago, Otokonoyama said:

Sumo is on Abema and working as usual here.

I have a black screen.

3 minutes ago, Bumpkin said:

I have a black screen.

Shouldn't you be busy trying to free Steven Avery?!

Just now, Otokonoyama said:

Shouldn't you be busy trying to free Steven Avery?!

GUILTY AS HELL

qq has been streaming the abema programming from at least the start of juryo for the first 3 days of hatsu.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asojima said:

qq has been streaming the abema programming from at least the start of juryo for the first 3 days of hatsu.

Thank you!

Day 4 - qq is streaming abema in mid-makushita

Day 6 - qq is streaming abema in mid-makushita

6 minutes ago, Asojima said:

Day 6 - qq is streaming abema in mid-makushita

Thank you. Just in time to watch Ura.

Abema has the Haru basho on the schedule https://abema.tv/search?q=大相撲

but so far only on the sports channel, maybe there will be no extra sumo channel any more. The usual 4 parts : jk till makushita, juryo, makuuchi and m.-climax. They did stick to pure sound with no comment till juryo last basho - Wonderful! - but plenty of CMs, esp. in the first part of makuuchi.

Now they are doing repeats of last basho's makuuchi - tomorrow day 9

• Like 2

The nice thing about living in Japan is the apps for android and ios for abema.   Streams have come a long way since the terrible low res one that the NSK website used to host back in the day.

65000 people are viewing the abema stream right now, Pretty popular it seems.

• Like 1

NHK is continuing to broadcast its daily Sumo Digest at 4:00 AM JST.

Edited by Asojima

The Abema stream was very smooth and hi-res yesterday. I was impressed. Commentary and music for makuuchi was not overbearing. It was a relaxing and highly enjoyable  afternoon on the sofa. The Ishiura and Enho victories were standouts.

qq is streaming the Day 2 abema coverage in at least low level Juryo.

diP5Yxs.jpg watching sumo while exercising at the gym? Check. Life is good. 

Day 3 stream cut out for me right after Goeido's win. Brutal.

Looks like Miselet's latest channel got killed by Abema today. I'm assuming it has disappeared because of Abema because my piddling channel actually received a copyright claim from them on Thursday as well - strangely enough not on a recent upload but rather on a maezumo clip from back in Hatsu 2018, Abema's first covered basho. And even more strangely they've specifically claimed only that portion of that video which showed the Hoshoryu-Naya bout. (With a copyrighted content claim of "title (labelling)", whatever the heck that is supposed to mean here.)

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Thanks 1

Since day 5, Miselet hadn't posted makuuchi - the day 5 video had remained private, day 6 and 7 were not there in the first place. The makuuchi videos till day 4 remained in the playlist, but trying to open them got the message that Abema had blocked them. The other videos were still available and Miselet had posted day 7 in full before the channel got canceled today.

I think they only put claims on videos with their commentators.

Edited by Akinomaki

Just a heads up, all first 8 days are available on my twitch channel.

• Like 2

Just theorising here, but could it be the background music? Abema stopped using the music in the lower division bouts from late last year, but before that they used it (and the commentators) on every division they broadcast.

I noticed that Miselet have been uploading videos a lot later from day 4, as Akinomaki stated. Last night I was able to rewatch Juryo with no problem. However, Juryo doesn't feature music or commentary.

Edit: did a search and can't find anything on 'title labeling'...just comes up the regular YouTube copyright spiel...

Edited by Akōgyokuseki

I got 7 copyright strikes from Abema a few days ago, with that "title' crap and some specific bouts..  5 videos were blocked. The thing is, I NEVER, EVER have used a single frame of their broadcast. EVER. The annoying thing is I can't do a thing about it. Complain? Yeah, right.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Akōgyokuseki said:

Just theorising here, but could it be the background music? Abema stopped using the music in the lower division bouts from late last year, but before that they used it (and the commentators) on every division they broadcast. (...)

Edit: did a search and can't find anything on 'title labeling'...just comes up the regular YouTube copyright spiel...

It's not a default message (I think), but rather what Abema specifically put as their copyright claim. Here's what I got by email:

Hi Asashosakari,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube.

Video title: Hatsu 2018 Basho Maezumo Day 5 
Copyrighted content: タイトル(ラベリング)|【AbemaTV】 
Claimed by: Abema TV Inc

The weird part is that it wasn't a DMCA takedown request but rather an (automated?) content ID match - which should mean they have submitted that video excerpt to Youtube's content database for comparison, presumably quite recently. I have no idea why they would do so for content that was broadcasted over a year ago. (Was the Hoshoryu-Naya maezumo meeting rebroadcasted in makuuchi as part of their basho coverage recently?) As for the background music - according to my Youtube status info the claim was for both audio and video data. I've had a file blocked for audio only before (an older sumo livestream clip, not Abema), and that claim looked differently.

Abema didn't hit me with a copyright violation strike, by the way, so (for now) my Youtube account is unaffected. Still, I've preemptively unlisted all my clips from the Abema era outside the current basho's for the moment.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

Video title: Hatsu 2018 Basho Maezumo Day 5 
Copyrighted content: タイトル(ラベリング)|【AbemaTV】 
Claimed by: Abema TV Inc

I took it to mean Title Labeling and immediately removed all  titles in Japanese from the pages.

8 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

The weird part is that it wasn't a DMCA takedown request but rather an (automated?) content ID match - which should mean they have submitted that video excerpt to Youtube's content database for comparison, presumably quite recently.

Now that is strange. Normally a content ID claim can be done in conjunction with a 3rd party etc, and it's usually for standard things like image rights, music, logos, advertising ect. I wonder if there was a 3rd party involved with the claim?...(but it looks unlikely given that abema's name is all over it)

18 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

I got 7 copyright strikes from Abema a few days ago, with that "title' crap and some specific bouts..  5 videos were blocked. The thing is, I NEVER, EVER have used a single frame of their broadcast. EVER. The annoying thing is I can't do a thing about it. Complain? Yeah, right.

Scary. Makes me think someone is watching the forum at times.... paranoid mode of thought, I know...