Fukurou

Rikishi Status - Aki 2016 - FINAL

Oosunaarashi is also injured. He apparently Ken not Crouch at all, "I heard a 'crack' in my hip joint after beating Sadanofuji. I'm not going to hospital. I don't have a choice but to be unreasonable.." he said. He wants to get back to Makuuchi quickly. Like this? In any case, he's up in Makuuchi tomorrow in the first bout of the day against Kyokushuuhou.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Ms48e Asatenmai will probably withdraw from the tournament. He got injured today during his bout against Takaryu and had to leave the Kokugikan on a wheelchair.

It looked really ugly.  I wish I had not seen the video.   

This day was marred by injuries, two went out on wheelchair and another barely walking out.   I don't think we will see the 3 until next basho.

7 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Oosunaarashi is also injured. He apparently cannot crouch at all, "I heard a 'crack' in my hip joint after beating Sadanofuji. I'm not going to hospital. I don't have a choice but to be unreasonable.." he said. He wants to get back to Makuuchi quickly. Like this? In any case, he's up in Makuuchi tomorrow in the first bout of the day against Kyokushuuhou.

I kinda figured this. If he goes kyujo now he would drop below J5 or J6 which could mean 2 more 8-7s basho to get back to Makuuchi. If he can tough it out and somehow get an 8-7 here he's right back. Plus he has those 6 Kensho, from the movie company he did the voice over for, on every one of his Makuuchi bouts which won't be around 2 basho from now.  God help him. I'll pray he gets his KK here.

That injury doesn't sound something that one should tough out... Half-serious question: if he can't even crouch, how is he planning to do a tachiai? 

2 minutes ago, dingo said:

That injury doesn't sound something that one should tough out... Half-serious question: if he can't even crouch, how is he planning to do a tachiai? 

It sure sounds like muscle pull, groin or hamstring.   I think he is done for the basho whether he continues on or not.

2 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

Oosunaarashi is kyujo.

Wow, it must be really bad then as much as he wanted to try to keep going. I hope he rests well and really heals up.

Adductor muscle of the groin. Kyokushuuhou will get the free win today. They say he may return later this basho but my learned doctor friend says no way.

On 11.9.2016 at 10:43, Fukurou said:

Masunoyama is in Jonokuchi. He won on day 1.

3-0 today. He beat Leon.

Yeah, when an athlete grabs that area, it is usually groin or hamstring related.   He should be back by the next basho.  In what "sumo" shape will depend on how much training he gets after his injury heals.

40 minutes ago, WAKATAKE said:

Osu should have enough wins to stay in Juryo from J1.

3-3-9. By the numbers he should be J10 in Kyushu.

Edited by Bumpkin

According to the NHK broadcast Osu's shisho did make a comment about him possibly coming back.

As an Osunaarashi fan this is terrible, terrible. If he wasn't injured he would have been in Sanyaku and maybe he could have made push for Ozeki like Terunofuji did.

Osunaarashi needs to change and adjust his gameplans in the future. He cannot fight on the edge and repeatedly take those out of dohyo falls, those are killing his career. I'd say 3 months off, rest the next basho fully and come back as a Makushita wrestler and slowly build yourself back up.

There is no reason to break yourself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Adductor muscle of the groin. Kyokushuuhou will get the free win today. They say he may return later this basho but my learned doctor friend says no way.

Does your learned doctor friend know about the mentality of rikishi in these type of situations?

1 hour ago, ryafuji said:

Does your learned doctor friend know about the mentality of rikishi in these type of situations?

I will ask.

6 hours ago, WAKATAKE said:

According to the NHK broadcast Osu's shisho did make a comment about him possibly coming back.

That's what I meant by "they say"..

• Like 1

Day 7

Withdrawing:
Ms4e RYUSEI (1-2)
Ms11w ONAMI (1-2)
Ms48e ASATENMAI (2-1)

Returning:
Sd35w TATSUKAZE (0-2, absent from day 5)

Also, Jk28w KOTOMIYAKURA, who, on 14 Sep, was announced to both "has withdraw from the 5th day" and "has returned from the 7th day" IS on the schedule for day 7

My complete guess is kotomiyakura had something to do on day 6 (funeral or who knows) and they did that so he didn't get scheduled.

36 minutes ago, Sumozumo said:

My complete guess is kotomiyakura had something to do on day 6 (funeral or who knows) and they did that so he didn't get scheduled.

That does make sense.

Oosunaarashi back tomorrow, learned doctor friend notwithstanding..

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

So Oosunaarashi injures his adductor muscle and is back in two days.  Does Ozumo even know what a doctor is?

37 minutes ago, Bumpkin said:

So Oosunaarashi injures his adductor muscle and is back in two days.  Does Ozumo even know what a doctor is?

As I see it, sometimes these medical certificates do not reflect the real nature of things at work. Wink wink nod nod say no more.

• Like 2