Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Bench World Cup 2014

KotoNOnami vs Kaiomitsuki

KotoNOnami: "ISI-mate Kaiomitsuki is my master in real bench , I hope to have a revenge in this game."

(If I have made any mistakes, please let me know.)

BOLD ;)

Achiyama: I notice that in Chocshoporyu's table, you have Ivory Coast down as a loss. I haven't checked to see if it makes a difference to the score, though. Also, I have told Gary and Mark to send their picks to you...they should arrive soon.

Hi Panda,

Yo are right. It's my mistake. In Fujiyama's Table I got it right. In this case depending on Russia vs. South Korea game the Chocshoporyu's win could be 2:0 or 3:0. I'll fix the final tables. Thanks for catching the error.

I received the line-ups from both Mark and Gary and posted the line-ups already.

Edited by Achiyama

So Belgium won, and the "green bridge" has been closed, bringing ScreechingOwl 2 goals at once. This way he finished the first round with 4 scored goals and made a 5-team ganbare lineup :)

The chain was broken in the 6th slot.

Group%20B%20Standing%20-%202014.06.17.jp

(This picture will be updated tomorrow)

There is one match left in this round, but its result already doesn't have any effect on the scores.

ScreechingOwl leads the race.

Group%20B%20Round%201%20result.jpg

Let's focus on Round 2, which begins in less in an hour.

• Like 1

Comment: The Dutch destroyed my Round 1, now wathc them destroy Round 2......

Funny how you managed to slip a typo into my comment...

Group G Round 2 Scoring Update:

Pitinosato

1. Germany ®

2. Colombia

3. Italy

4. Bosnia

5. Croatia

6. Greece

7. Switzerland

8. Uruquay

9. South Korea

10. Iran ©

Kamogawa:

1. Brazil

2. Italy

3. Colombia ©

4. England

5. Japan

6. Ghana ®

7. Costa Rica

8. Cameroon

9. Ivory Coast

10. USA

Brazil's draw with Mexico is going to cost quite a few players some goals and Kamogawa will be no exception if Germany win for Pitinosato. Kamogawa could very well be 2-0 down on the very first line. But at least his chain will remain intact whatever happens.

Domichi:

1. South Korea
2. Brazil
3. Bosnia
4. Colombia
5. Belgium
6. Uruguay ©
7. USA ®
8. Iran
9. Russia
10. Mexico

Kuroimori:

1. Italy
2. Brazil
3. Portugal ®
4. Ecuador
5. Colombia
6. Russia
7. Nigeria ©
8. Mexico

9. Cameroon
10. Costa Rica

Not much happening here at all as the Brazil/Mexico game cancels out. Kuroimori gets a nice draw in the 8-slot but it may not be a factor.

I will finalize the round one scores after the South Korea/Russia game is over.

Edited by Pandaazuma

Comment: The Dutch destroyed my Round 1, now wathc them destroy Round 2......

Funny how you managed to slip a typo into my comment...

Really! It's obvious that it's a typo. You should read WATCH instead of wathc.

I appologize if you think two switched letters are so important to you.

I was in a hurry to post the line-ups before the start of Brazil - Mexico game (while working on an important report) and didnt't checked what I wrote. I copied and pasted Andonishiki's comment, but yours I don't know why didn't allow me to copy it and I had to write it myself.

Edited by Achiyama

Group G Round 1 Final Results:

Pitinosato:

1. Uruguay

2. Switzerland

3. Germany ®

4. Colombia

5. Iran ©

6. Italy

7. South Korea

8. Greece

9. Croatia

10. Bosnia

Kuroimori:

1 Mexico
2 Brazil
3 Colombia

4 Nigeria ©
5 Russia

6 Ecuador
7 Italy
8 Portugal ®
9 Cameroon
10 Costa Rica

Kuroimori's chain is broken in the 6-slot and he fails to score another goal thanks to the Russian goalie's horrendous error. This one ends 1-0.

Kamogawa:

1. Brazil

2. Italy

3. Ghana ®

4. Ivory Coast

5. Cameroon

6. Colombia ©

7. England

8. USA

9. Japan

10. Costa Rica

Domichi:

1. Uruguay ©
2. Brazil
3. Belgium

4. Mexico
5. Colombia
6. USA ®

7. Russia
8. Iran

9. Bosnia
10. South Korea

As already stated, Kamogawa takes this one 1-0. Domichi's line-up is almost a GBL...except for that nightmare he had with Uruguay.

I'm so poor with computers that I can't make a nice league table for you (unless you want an unformatted mess). Maybe someone could make one for me? Suffice it to say that Kuroimori and Kamogawa lead with 3 points and a goal difference of +1.

Edited by Pandaazuma

Here are the results and the Final Standings after Round 1 for Group "A".

In the first bout:
Chocshoporyu had his line unbroken for 9 slots, but couldn't score more than 2 goals, achieved on slots #1 and #2. Score 2:0 for Chocshoporyu.

In the second bout:
The draw between Russia and South Korea allowed Andonishiki to score two more goals, as his line was not broken till slot #8. Score 3:0 for Andonishiki.

Congratulations to the Winners, Good luck to everybody during Round 2.

Let me know if somebody finds an error in my calculations.

Here are the results tabulated:

2014-BWC-GrA-R1-final_zps8fe2ec15.png

Edited by Achiyama

GROUP E, ROUND 1, DAY 6 Results (includes standings & observations)

..........CHABONOWAKA.........................CHIJANOFUJI..........

BRA.....República Federativa do Brasil...1...República Argentina.......................ARG

RESULTS: Both picks win, neither chain broken: Chabonowaka 0 - 0 Chijanofuji. (Day 4)

URU.....República Oriental del Uruguay...2...République française......................FRA

RESULTS: Chabonowaka pick loses, chain broken. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Chabonowaka 0 - 1 Chijanofuji. (Day 4)

MEX...........Estados Unidos Mexicanos...3...República Oriental del Uruguay............URU

RESULTS: Chabonowaka pick wins. Chijanofuji pick loses, chain broken: Chabonowaka 0 - 1 Chijanofuji. GAME OVER. (Day 4)

ECU............República del Ecuador ®...4...® Confoederatio Helvetica.................SUI

ITA................Repubblica italiana...5...Federal Republic of Nigeria...............NGR

USA...........United States of America...6...Nederland.................................NED

SUI............Confoederatio Helvetica...7...الجمهورية الجزائرية الديمقراطية الشعبية....ALG

NED........................Nederland ©...8...République du Cameroun....................CMR

IRI............جمهوری اسلامی ایران..-..x...9...© Republika Hrvatska......................CRO

KOR............................대한민국...10...Босна и Херцеговина.......................BIH

Line-up records: Chabonowaka 6-2-2; Chijanofuji 4-5-1.

Roto-style 10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 scores: Chabonowaka (10+X+8+X+6+5+4+3+1+.5 = 37.5); Chijanofuji (10+9+X+7+3+5+X+X+X+X = 34)

Jejima’s rules from the bottom: Chabonowaka 3; Chijanofuji 0.

ANALYSIS: Chabonowaka had the better team, but Chijanofuji put URU in the better position.

RESULTS: Chabonowaka 0 - 1 Chijanofuji. GAME OVER

..........ACHIYAMA..............................FURANOHANA..........

FRA...............République française...1...República Federativa do Brasil.............BRA

RESULTS: Both picks win, neither chain broken: Achiyama 0 - 0 Furanohana. (Day 4)

BRA...República Federativa do Brasil ©...2...República de Chile.........................CHI

RESULTS: Achiyama © pick wins, continues. Furanohana pick wins, continues: Achiyama 0 - 0 Furanohana. (Day 4)

URU.....República Oriental del Uruguay...3...Federal Republic of Nigeria................NGR

RESULTS: Achiyama pick loses, chain broken. Furanohana pick draws, continues: Achiyama 0 - 0 Furanohana. (Day 5)

COL..............República de Colombia...4...® République française.....................FRA

RESULTS: Achiyama pick wins. Furanohana ® pick wins, continues: Achiyama 0 - 1 Furanohana. (Day 5)

NGR........Federal Republic of Nigeria...5...日本......................................JPN

RESULTS: Achiyama pick draws. Furanohana pick loses, chain broken: Achiyama 0 - 1 Furanohana. GAME OVER. (Day 5)

RUS...............Российская Федерация...6...© République du Cameroun...................CMR

MEX...........Estados Unidos Mexicanos...7...República del Ecuador......................ECU

ECU..............República del Ecuador...8...República Portuguesa.......................POR

KOR............................대한민국...9...República de Costa Rica....................CRC

HON...........República de Honduras ®...10...Republika Hrvatska.........................CRO

Line-up records: Achiyama 4-3-3; Furanohana 4-5-1.

Roto-style 10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 scores: Achiyama (10+9+X+7+3+2.5+4+X+1+X = 36.5); Furanohana (10+9+4+7+X+X+X+X+2+X = 32)

Jejima’s rules from the bottom: Achiyama 0; Furanohana 1.

ANALYSIS: Achiyama had the better team, but Furanohana, with the exception of CRC, had the winners at the top.

RESULTS: Achiyama 0 - 1 Furanohana. GAME OVER

...............G...W...D...L...GS...GA...Pts

Chijanofuji....1...1...0...0...1....0.....3

Furanohana.....1...1...0...0...1....0.....3

Achiyama.......1...0...0...1...0....1.....0

Chabonowaka....1...0...0...1...0....1.....0

Edited by shimodahito

Slightly corrected (AGAIN) 2nd Match lineups for group F (The moral is don't send out lineups just before bed-time. My apologies again to Kotononami)

Kotononami vs Kaiomitsuki

Kotononami: "ISI-mate Kaiomitsuki is my master in real bench , I hope to have a revenge in this game."
1. Netherlands, 2. Argentina ®, 3. Ecuador, 4. Portugal, 5. France, 6. South Korea, 7. Greece, 8. Russia, 9. Costa Rica ©, 10. Mexico

vs

Kaiomitsuki: "At the Copa (Co !), Copacabana (Copabana) / The hottest spot north of Havana (here) / At the Copa (Co !), Copacabana / Music and passion were always the fashion / At the Copa....don't fall in love" - Bari Manilão, Brazilian singer
1. Germany ©, 2. Netherlands, 3. France, 4. South Korea, 5. Uruguay, 6. Japan, 7. Bosnia, 8. Greece, 9. Mexico, 10. Iran ®

Referee comments: It is very late. I am tired. I will put in my comments with the next update on this. My apologies.

Kintamayama vs Leonishiki

Kintamayama:

1. Brazil, 2 Italy, 3. Greece, 4. South Korea, 5. Bosnia ®, 6. Russia, 7. Uruguay, 8. Mexico, 9. Chile ©, 10. Algeria

vs

Leonishiki: "Well, after the collapse of Spain it's time for them to recover so I still trust on them. But I'm sorry about Nigerua, moving them from the first to the last spot. Let's watch some more football!!!"
1. Argentina, 2. Netherlands, 3. Germany, 4. Brazil, 5. Spain, 6. Italy, 7. Portugal ©, 8. Ecuador, 9. France, 10. Nigeria ®

Referee comments: Same as above, more comments to come.

Good luck to all my group F people. (If I have made any mistakes, please let me know.)

Saruyama (THE monkey referee)

Group F, now with Brazil results shown.

Kotononami vs Kaiomitsuki

Kotononami: "ISI-mate Kaiomitsuki is my master in real bench , I hope to have a revenge in this game."
1. Netherlands, 2. Argentina ®, 3. Ecuador, 4. Portugal, 5. France, 6. South Korea, 7. Greece, 8. Russia, 9. Costa Rica ©, 10. Mexico

vs

Kaiomitsuki: "At the Copa (Co !), Copacabana (Copabana) / The hottest spot north of Havana (here) / At the Copa (Co !), Copacabana / Music and passion were always the fashion / At the Copa....don't fall in love" - Bari Manilão, Brazilian singer
1. Germany ©, 2. Netherlands, 3. France, 4. South Korea, 5. Uruguay, 6. Japan, 7. Bosnia, 8. Greece, 9. Mexico, 10. Iran ®

Referee comments: It is very late. I am tired. I will put in my comments with the next update on this. My apologies.

Kintamayama vs Leonishiki

Kintamayama:

1. Brazil, 2 Italy, 3. Greece, 4. South Korea, 5. Bosnia ®, 6. Russia, 7. Uruguay, 8. Mexico, 9. Chile ©, 10. Algeria

vs

Leonishiki: "Well, after the collapse of Spain it's time for them to recover so I still trust on them. But I'm sorry about Nigerua, moving them from the first to the last spot. Let's watch some more football!!!"
1. Argentina, 2. Netherlands, 3. Germany, 4. Brazil, 5. Spain, 6. Italy, 7. Portugal ©, 8. Ecuador, 9. France, 10. Nigeria ®

Referee comments: Same as above, more comments to come.

Good luck to all my group F people. (If I have made any mistakes, please let me know.)

Saruyama (THE monkey referee)

GROUP E, ROUND 2 LINE-UPS & DAY 6 RESULTS

Refyoji says: In this round we have the first round winners, FURANOHANA & CHIJANOFUJI, face each other. Both have Cameroon, Croatia, France, and Nigeria on their squads but placed in different positions. Key World Cup matches that affect both teams are CMR vs CRO and BIH vs NGR. The ® pick in Furanohana’s top slot might give this match an interesting start.

Chijanofuji says: This round is quite tough with at least 7 of 10 matches being hard to call. Good luck to my honorable opponent Furanohana!

Furanohana says: Thanks.

Refyoji says: Here are the line-ups honoring team nicknames.

......FURANOHANA............CHIJANOFUJI..

FRA............Les Bleus.®...1...Albicelestes.......ARG

Day 9: A #1 pick FRA in green for Furanohana, his second win today. Do the French have good craft beer? Yes, and a La Bavaisienne Ambrée is poured.

Day 10: ARG did not deserve this win against Team Melli, but Chijanofuji will take it.

RESULTS: Furanohana ® pick wins, scores. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Furanohana 1 - 0 Chijanofuji. (Day 10)

BRA................Seleção...2...Oranje.............NED

Day 6: The BRA draw is too close to the top of Furanohana's line-up to celebrate.

Day 7: NED wins and would give Chijanofuji the #2 edge, so he pours a Dutch craft -- Emelisse White Label Imperial Russian Stout.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick draws, continues. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Furanohana 1 - 1 Chijanofuji. (Day 10)

POR.........Os Navegadores...3...Les Bleus..........FRA

Day 9: FRA gives a #3 green for Chijanofuji.

Day 11: It took over 90 minutes for POR to get the draw for Furanohana and keep this game going.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick draws, continues. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Furanohana 1 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 11)

CRO................Vatreni...4...Zmajevi............BIH

Day 7: Furanohana gets the higher victory for CRO and enjoys a Croation craft -- San Servolo Tamno Pivo.

Day 10: The #4 loss for BIH is the top line-up loss for Chijanofuji.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick wins, continues. Chijanofuji pick loses, chain broken: Furanohana 2 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 11)

JPN..........サムライブル...5...©.Vatreni.........CRO

Day 7: Chijanofuji is happy with the CRO in green at #5.

NAKABI: 11 to red-carded 10 could not give JPN a win for Furanohana.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick wins, continues. Chijanofuji pick wins: Furanohana 2 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 11)

ECU.................La Tri...6...Les Lions..........CMR

Day 7: CMR gave up after the Red Card -- Chijanofuji had the CRO-CMR order correct.

Day 9: Three for three...all winners and Furanohana pours an Ecuadoran craft -- Stray Dog Throat of Fire IPA.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick wins, continues. Chijanofuji pick wins: Furanohana 3 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 11)

NGR...........Super Eagles...7...Fennec Foxes.......ALG

Day 7: Is Furanohana's #7 NGR win pick reason to celebrate over Chijanofuji's #10 NGR pick? Sure. And he pours a Nigerian Trophy Black Lager craft beer.

Day 11: The ALG win for Chijanofuji wasn't enough to end the match but will prevent another point for Furanohana.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick wins, continues. Chijanofuji pick wins: Furanohana 3 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 11)

CHI................La Roja...8...Los Charrúas.......URU

Day 7: Will Furanohana regret the low spot in the line-up for his CHI pick?

NAKABI: Will Chijanofuji regret the low spot in the line-up for his URU pick?

CMR............Les Lions.©...9...®.Schweizer Nati...SUI

Day 7: CMR gave up after the Red Card -- and Furanohana is happy with them at #9.

Day 9: Chijanofuji's SUI makes even #9 losses this match.

RESULTS: Furanohana © pick loses, continues. Chijanofuji pick loses: Furanohana 3 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 11)

CRC..............Los Ticos...10..Super Eagles.......NGR

Day 9: Furanohana starts the day with another CRC upset win. Time for a Costa Rican Tamarindo Witch’s Rock Pale Ale to celebrate.

Day 10: Chijanofuji may be regretting placing Zmajevi higher.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick wins. Chijanofuji pick wins. Furanohana 3 - 2 Chijanofuji. GAME OVER. (Day 11)

Refyoji says: In this round we two players, ACHIYAMA & CHABONOWAKA, looking for their first points. Both have Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, South Korea, and Uruguay on their squads (that’s half the line-up) but placed in different positions. Key World Cup matches that affect both teams are BRA vs MEX, FRA vs SUI, and ECU vs HON. The © pick in Chabonowaka’s top slot might give this match an interesting start.

Achiyama says: Best Regards

Chabonowaka says: Hope I’m not late

Refyoji says: Here are the line-ups honoring team nicknames.

.......ACHIYAMA.............CHABONOWAKA..

FRA...............Les Bleus...1...©.Oranje..........NED

Day 7: The only Day 7 result for this match -- a #1 NED win for Chabonowaka and a Dutch craft is poured -- De Molen Hel & Verdoemenis 666.

Day 9: Achiyama looks at the ITA loss and FRA win -- time to pour a French craft beer - Cidre Dupont Réserve.

RESULTS: Achiyama pick wins, continues. Chabonowaka © pick wins, continues: Achiyama 0 - 0 Chabonowaka. (Day 9)

BRA...............Seleção.©...2...Gli Azzurri.......ITA

Day 6: It is too early to say if Achiyama's BRA draw at #2 will be an advantage over Chabonowaka's BRA at #3.

Day 9: Bad news for Chabonowaka as ITA loses.

RESULTS: Achiyama © pick draws, scores. Chabonowaka pick loses, chain broken: Achiyama 1 - 0 Chabonowaka. (Day 9)

COL...........Los Cafeteros...3...Seleção...........BRA

Day 6: It is too early to say if Chabonowaka's BRA draw at #3 will be an advantage over Achiyama's BRA at #2.

NAKABI: COL's win gave Achiyama the first head-to-head win over his opponent -- enough reason to pour a Colombian craft -- Apóstol Bock.

RESULTS: Achiyama pick wins, scores. Chabonowaka pick draws: Achiyama 2 - 0 Chabonowaka. (Day 9)

NGR............Super Eagles...4...®.La Tri..........ECU

Day 9: The ECU victory won't help Chabonowaka.

Day 10: More good news for Chabonowaka and pours a Nigerian Williams Dark Ale.

RESULTS: Achiyama pick wins, continues. Chabonowaka pick wins: Achiyama 2 - 0 Chabonowaka. (Day 10)

ECU..................La Tri...5...La Verded.........MEX

Day 6: Achiyama didn't want MEX a factor in his line-up, so will Chabonowaka's #5 MEX draw help or hurt?

Day 9: Will the ECU win give Achiyama more points? It depends on the Super Eagles.

RESULTS: Achiyama pick wins, scores. Chabonowaka pick draws: Achiyama 3 - 0 Chabonowaka. (Day 10)

KOR..........The Red Devils...6...Los Charrúas......URU

NAKABI: URU's win may be too low for Chabonowaka to be relevant in this match, but his URU pick was higher than his opponent so time to pour a Uruguayan Sidra Salamanca.

Day 11: KOR helps Chabonowaka end the round.

RESULTS: Achiyama pick loses, chain broken. Chabonowaka pick wins: Achiyama 3 - 0 Chabonowaka. GAME OVER. (Day 11)

URU............Los Charrúas...7...Schweizer Nati....SUI

NAKABI: Neither side had faith in URU -- Achiyama, even less faith than Chabonowaka's faith in URU.

Day 9: The SUI loss hopefully won't give Achiyama more points.

RUS...de Puntinõro vermelha...8...Stars & Stripes...USA

Day 11: Both results have no affect on the outcome of the game.

HON........ Los Catrachos.®...9...The Red Devils....KOR

Day 9: HON is Achiyama's first loss -- no problem as #5 La Tri gave him a better chance at points.

Day 11: Chabonowaka's KOR loss matches Los Catrachos loss for Achiyama.

MEX...............La Verded..10...Team Melli........IRI

Day 6: Achiyama keeps MEX as far away from deciding this match.

Day 10: IRI played a fantastic match against Albicelestes, but lost and no help for Chabonowaka.

The Day 6 MEX-BRA ended in a draw so no one is pouring a celebratory Mexican or Brazilian craft beer.

Edited by shimodahito

Bench Sumo results

Group A:

Chocshoporyu- Jakusotsu

Chocshoporyu: 10.5(1-0)

4. France(+), 3. Brazil(+) , 3. Russia(=), 2. Ivory Coast(+), 2. England(-),

Ecuador(-), Netherlands(+), South Korea(=), Greece(-), Honduras(-)

Jakusotsu: 5 (0-1)

4. Spain(-), 3. Switzerland (+), 3. Uruguay(-), 2 Italy(+), 2. Cameroon(-),

Ghana(=), USA(+), Iran(=), Croatia(-), Netherlands(+)

Chocshoporyu wins 10.5-5

---------------------------------------------------------

Andonishiki- Fujiyama

Andonishiki: 10.5 (1-0)

4. France(+), 3. Brazil(+), 3. Nigeria(=), 2. Mexico(+) , 2. Ecuador(-),

Russia(=), South Korea(=), Netherlands(+), Portugal(-), Algeria(=)

Fujiyama: 10,5 (0-1)

4 Brazil(+), 3 France (+) 3. Nigeria(=), 2 Ivory Coast(+), 2 Ghana(-),

England(-), Switzerland(+), Cameroon(-) . Netherlands(+), Honduras(-).

Andonishiki wins 10.5-10.5 on his first bench team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group D:

Daineko - Terarno:

Daineko: 8.5- PENDING INVESTIGATION!!

4 Brazil(+), 3. Uruguay(-) 3. USA(=), 2. Switzerland(+), 2. South Korea(=),

Spain(-),Italy(+) , Costa Rica(+), Netherlands(+), South Korea(=)

vs.

Terarno: 12

4 Argentina(+), 3 Colombia(+), 3. Switzerland(+), 2. Ghana(-), 2. Belgium(+),

Ivory Coast,(+) England(-), Costa Rica(+), South Korea(=), USA(+)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saruyama-Harumataikai :

Saruyama: 12 (1-0)

4 Brazil(+), 3. Belgium(+) 3. Mexico(+), 2. Japan(-) 2. Netherlands(+),

Ecuador(-), Australia(-), Iran(=), . Greece(-),. England(-)

vs.

Harumataikai: 8.5 (0-1)

4 Colombia(+), 3 Germany (+) 3. South Korea(=), 2. Ecuador(-), 2 England (-)

USA(+), Ivory Coast(+), Switzerland(+), Italy(+), Iran(=)

Saruyama wins 12-8.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group F:

Kotononami-Kintamayama

Kotononami : 10.5 (1-0)
4 France (+) 3.Argentina (+), 3.Russia (=) 2.Mexico(+), 2.Ecuador, (-)

Greece(-) ,Portugal(-),Costa Rica(+) .Netherlands(+), South Korea(=)
vs
Kintamayama: 9 (0-1)
4.Uruguay (-), 3.Chile(+), 3.Mexico(+), 2.Brazil(+), 2.Russia,(=)

6.Greece(-), 7.Italy(+), 8.South Korea(=), 9.Bosnia (-), 10.Algeria)=)

Kotononami wins 10.5 - 9

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaiomitsuki - Leonishiki

Kaiomitsuki: 11 (0-1)

4.France(+) 3.Uruguay(-) 3.Mexico(+), 2.Germany(+), 2.Netherlands,(+)

Japan(-), South Korea(=), Greece(-) ,Iran(=) .Bosnia(-)
Leonishiki: 12 (1-0)
4.Nigeria(=),3.Chile(+), 3.Brazil(+), 2.Switzerland(+), 2.Ivory Coast(+),

Ghana(-), Italy(+), Costa Rica(+), Cameroon(-), Portugal(-)

Leonishiki wins 12-11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group G:

Pitinosato- Kuroimori

Pitinosato: 9 (0-1):

4. Uruguay (-) 3. Switzerland (+) 3. Germany (+) 2 Colombia (+) 2. Iran (=)

Italy, (+) South Korea (=)8. Greece (-)9. Croatia (-)10. Bosnia(-)

Kuroimori: 12 (1-0)

4 Mexico(+) 3 Brazil(+) 3 Colombia(+) 2 Nigeria(=) 2 Russia(=)
Ecuador (-), Italy (+), Portugal (-) Cameroon(-) Costa Rica
(+)

Kuroimori wins 12-9

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kamogawa-Domichi

Kamogawa: 9 (0-1)

4 Brazil(+) 3 Italy (+) 3. Ghana(-) 2. Ivory Coast(+) 2 Cameroon(-)

Colombia (+) England (-) USA(+). Japan(-). Costa Rica (+)

Domichi: 10 (1-0)

4 Uruguay (-) 3 Brazil(+) 3. Belgium(+) 2 Mexico(+) 2 Colombia(+)
USA(+), Russia(=). Iran(=) Bosnia(-), South Korea
(=)

Domichi wins 10-9

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group H:

shumitto - Doitsuyama

shumitto : 13(1-0)

4. Belgium (+) , 3. Brazil(+) , 3. Switzerland(+) , 2. Nigeria(=) , 2. Mexico(+)

Australia(-), England(-) ,Netherlands(+) , Iran(=), Bosnia(-)
Doitsuyama :
9(0-1)

4 Chile(+) , 3 Spain(-) , 3. Mexico(+) , 2 Italy(+) , 2 Japan(-) ,

South Korea(=) , Greece(-) , Portugal(-) , Bosnia(-) , Algeria(=)

shumitto wins 13-9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nekonishiki-Rubensan

Nekonishiki : 2 (0-1)

4 Spain(-) , 3 Portugal(-) 3. Ghana(-) 2 Russia(=) , 2 Nigeria(=) ,

Italy(+) , Australia(-) , Mexico(+) 9. Iran(=) , Netherlands(+)
Rubensan : 12.5 (1-0)

4 Brazil (+) 3 Nigeria (=), 3. Italy(+) 2 Switzerland(+) 2. Ivory Coast(+)

Portugal(-) , Netherlands(+) , South Korea(=) Honduras(-) , Bosnia(-)

Rubensan wins 12.5-2

Edited by Kintamayama

I copied and pasted Andonishiki's comment, but yours I don't know why didn't allow me to copy it and I had to write it myself.

That's what made me wonder. No clue why you weren't able to copy-paste, very strange...

Group H - Results Day 1

Game 1:

shumitto 3:0 Doitsuyama
(Belgium) (Algeria)

Belgium ® W 1:0 W Chile
Brazil W 1:x L Spain ©
Switzerland W 0:x W Mexico
Nigeria D 0:x W Italy
Mexico W 1:x L Japan
Australia © L x:x D South Korea
England L x:x L Greece
Netherlands W x:x L Portugal
Iran D x:x L Bosnia
Bosnia L x:x L Algeria ®

80 minutes into the game, it looked like Doitsuyama might prevail, but Belgium's final goal turned the tide in shumitto's favor.

Game 2:

Nekonishiki 0:4 Rubensan
(Russia) (South Korea)

Spain L 0:1 W Brazil
Portugal L x:0 D Nigeria
Ghana L x:1 W Italy ©
Russia ® D x:1 W Switzerland
Nigeria D x:1 W Ivory Coast
Italy W x:x L Portugal
Australia L x:x W Netherlands
Mexico © W x:x D South Korea ®
Iran D x:x L Honduras
Netherlands W x:x L Bosnia

As mentioned before, Nekonishiki was doomed right from the start. Rubensan takes the lead in Group H.

Player P W D L GF GA GD Points
Rubensan 1 1 0 0 4 0 +4 3
shumitto 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
Doitsuyama 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0
Nekonishiki 1 0 0 1 0 4 -4 0

Group C Round 1 final scores

shimodahito 1 0 Jejima
Belgium W W France
Argentina W W Colombia
Switzerland W W Germany
Colombia ® GOAL W Switzerland
Portugal L BREAK England ©
Ghana © BREAK W Ivory Coast
Greece L D South Korea
South Korea D L Bosnia
Croatia L L Algeria
Costa Rica W L Greece ®

COMMENTS
shimodahito: My lower M pick Costa Rica roster plays league in Spain, USA, Belgium, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Greece, Netherlands, Russia. This round faith pick: Switzerland. This round no faith pick: Croatia. With Jejima's Hong Kong time zone, I hope to catch him sleeping.
Jejima: I don't seem to have much faith in either of my special teams..... Hopefully that will change for round 2!
Refioji Pregame: Jejima's squad may strike first as it sees a lot of action on the weekend while shimodahito has quite a few teams playing next week (somewhat contradicting his comment ;-) )
Refioji MbM:
Thu: Croatia lost but shimodahito cleverly put them near the end, so there isn't much to see.
Fri: No action, this game is slow in the build up
Sat: Finally we are seeing shots here and there with shimodahito's Colombia ® coming through, but placed even better by Jejima. The loss of Jejima's Greece ® isn't hurting much as he put them at the end, but his England © also lost making his shot from Ivory Cost potentially meaningless. Finally, Costa Rica is featured in the comment section but still placed last by shimodahito which seems like such a waste now.
Sun: France is coming through for Jejima, while Switzerland is successfully attacking the third slot from the other side making a win likely for shimodahito if heavily favored Belgium wins.
Mon: The Group G results made the match go downhill for shimodahito as both his teams lost in crucial slots. But at least Portugal's loss to the German juggernauts breaks Jejima because he has England © despite the loss (weird rule I think - giving a © team a decided disadvantage here, so this is only Jejima's own fault). Ghana's loss thus is meaningless to Jejima.
Tue: This game is going down to the wire with shimodahito scoring a late winner via Belgium's win enabling his slot #4 to score. Final score: 1-0

Pandaazuma 0 2 Maguroyama
Belgium W W Belgium
Argentina W W Argentina
Nigeria D GOAL Chile
Japan © BREAK GOAL USA
Ivory Coast ® W W Ivory Coast ©
England L D Iran
Ecuador L BREAK Japan ®
Netherlands W L Portugal
South Korea D L Australia
Algeria L L Bosnia

COMMENTS
Pandaazuma: Hmmm...my opponent has a slight advantage here in that his komusubi (Chile) has a freebie while mine (Netherlands) will struggle against Spain so I need Nigeria to win or draw, most likely. Also weird that my opponents R and C picks are the exact opposites of mine (in the very first game), and that they're likely to be around the 4 and 5 spots...so I'm gambling on a draw or win for Japan and my opponent having IC at 4 so I can break his chain. Now watch me get this spectacularly wrong! Good luck, Maguroyama!
Maguroyama: No comment.
Refioji Pregame: Maguroyama and Pandaazuma have identical teams in the first two positions, so Chile's placment on third might indeed become a winner.
Refioji MbM:
Thu: Has the game even started yet?
Fri: Maguroyama produced a fine shot with Chile while Pandaazuma likely misses a stunning shot from Netherlands.
Sat: We watch Pandaazuma getting his special teams spectacularly wrong. :-) Maguroyama cleverly placed his Japan ® low while producing a good shot with Ivory Coast while Pandaazuma might break his chain with Japan.
Sun: The second half starts slow with Pandaazuma trying to recover from the shock at the close of the first half, and he squanders a potential scoring opportunity with the Ecuador loss.
Mon: Pandaazuma shows shoddy defending finally allowing a score with Chile in slot 3 as Nigeria only draws. What's worse, his chains breaks at slot 4 as USA comes through with a late goal from German (even from my hometown Berlin) Brooks, and Maguroyama scores another goal. His Japan ® loss ends the game already with the final score of 2-0 for Maguroyama.
Tue: The already decided game plods to an end with Belgium getting a win for both (only good for the MCP) and the rest of the action being after both chains are already broken. Final score: 0-2
Edited by Doitsuyama
  • Like 1

But at least Portugal's loss to the German juggernauts breaks Jejima because he has England © despite the loss (weird rule I think - giving a © team a decided disadvantage here, so this is only Jejima's own fault).

IIRC this was done because players have some control over their ® and © selections, and so both types of special teams should have at least one disadvantage compared to normal picks - this "a © loser gets broken by a normal loser" thing is the only scenario where ©'s give up something to a normal opponent. (That comes into play especially if it's the same team, e.g. Brazil© vs Brazil; without that rule it's completely impossible for the normal version of the team to break the souped-up version.)

All posted round 1 results are verified, by the way. Only Group D remaining.

Edited by Asashosakari

Group B Round 2 update

KikoCookie doesn't have luck with Spain, she trusted in them too much, and it costs her a broken chain.

In the other match, chishafuwaku put his ® team to the best possible place, and scored 2 goals.

Group%20B%20Standing%20-%202014.06.18.jp

Gotta love Chile - great team effort, exciting match. Currently, they're my favourite for the title if they don't run out of gas.

Were the 2nd Round line-ups for group "D" posted?

Gotta love Chile - great team effort, exciting match. Currently, they're my favourite for the title if they don't run out of gas.

Oh yes, you are right.

Who would expect that the deffending Champs Spain won't make the Round of 16?

Chile looks pretty good. Let's see how the other surprise Costa Rica do the second round. Are they for real, or ony 1 game wonder.

Chile will lose in the next round. They've done good but that's it. It looks like they are going to face Brazil, so no way.

Edited by Kintamayama

Chile will lose in the next round. They've done good but that's it. It looks like they are going to face Brazil, so no way.

I hope I am wrong, but Brazil didn't look impressive the first 2 games.