Asojima

Video Stream - Availability

Thanks a lot, torquato :-D ...for posting todays Makuuchi (Sign of approval...)! You save my day totally then (Bow...) (Applauding...) (Nodding yes...)

• Like 1

I didn't know Kyushu had a geisha culture... thought it was mainly in Osaka/Kyoto.....

I didn't know Kyushu had a geisha culture... thought it was mainly in Osaka/Kyoto.....

Kyushu has had a geisha day for at least 40 years that I personally know of. Some of them may even be the same geisha. Edited by Asojima
  • Like 3

UBS streaming also seems to be a dead fish. I haven't been able to get anything for over 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, Niji not working today to >:-( . I wonder what happen to this!? I also hope someone can help... :-( (In jonokuchi...) (Help me...)

Is there a way to schedule a cam recording? I can't stay up to watch but I can get through jpplayer

• Like 1

Sorry guys, couldn't help out today. Niji didn't run through and on restart I couldn't login/connect too... :-(

• Like 2

I am also having problems with niji. Yesterday I tried to login with no success and today, a few seconds ago, it failed again. The message I get is:

ストリーミングメディアサーバーの初期化が失敗しました。

It is failing to connect even before trying to open any channel, not a good sign.

I've just searched through their facebook page and many people are complaining about the same issue.

Edited by shumitto

Looks that the same thing (Not Working Nijii) (Sign of disapproval...) (Ranting...) . And no sumo today to....sadly (Dohyo-iri...) :-( (Help me...) (Bow...)

jpPlayer is not free, right!?

You're right, that's the only negative aspect.

would you know if a 3day-trial leads to an automatic subscription or simply ends after 3 days?

Edited by Gernobono

would you know if a 3day-trial leads to an automatic subscription or simply ends after 3 days?

I don't know, I took the annual subscription (with a rebate and a weak dollar at that time), so I am curious as well.

But I guess it will simply run out. I'll let you kmow.

main is now Tokyo numbers wise. Kyoto second, Kanazawa third.

I don't know, I took the annual subscription (with a rebate and a weak dollar at that time), so I am curious as well.

But I guess it will simply run out. I'll let you kmow.

jplayer is just streaming nhk like niji?

start with mid-juryo, that is?

An Another day to roll the thumbs in front of the screen and not be able to se sumo "FREE". Ooohhh...did i forget to say that Niji not working!? ((( DAME ))) (Beaten...) (Being ill...)

a question to jpplayer

if i go to http://jpplayer.com/ there seems to be nothing but the chance to pay and a redirection to paypal if i hit the button on the website

do i get links in a mail?

i think the trial-offer is a good one for niji-free times this basho, but i am lost in how to get the stream of the channel i want, after paying

So, does this mean no one was able to access video of today's sumo (thurs 20th) outside Japan?

Edited by Asameshimae

So, does this mean no one was able to access video of today's sumo (thurs 20th) outside Japan?

I was watching via NSK-stream.... costly but still the only way for me at the moment to see the action live

I was searching the web and find no other free solution. Without NIJI we have jpPlayer (paid) and the stream of Kyokai (also paid)

Anybody knows any other alternatives?

a question to jpplayer

if i go to http://jpplayer.com/ there seems to be nothing but the chance to pay and a redirection to paypal if i hit the button on the website

do i get links in a mail?

i think the trial-offer is a good one for niji-free times this basho, but i am lost in how to get the stream of the channel i want, after paying

I tried JPplayer yesterday and the registration process is really tricky without Japanese language knowledge.

After you pay with paypal, you will see on the screen the download link and a password to the download. Observe to download JPplayer, not the advertised other softwares.

After the download, you have to register as first time user.

At the registration process the first line is your user name, the second and third lines are your e-mail address, the fourth is your chosen password (not the same as the download password). Register the same e-mail address which is connected to your paypal account, otherwise the system will not find your payment.

The quality of JPplayer is only slightly better than Niji (when it works) but the numbe of available channels is huge.

I also tried to record the streaming JPplayer with VLC, which is possible, but the quality was not too good.

Some forums recommend Bandicam as best stream recording gadget.