Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Videos Hatsu 2012

Thanks again, Kitamayama. I've missed a lot of the bouts on the way home from work this basho.

Harumafuji looks really good this time around, I think. Kakuryu was so unlucky - a feather would have pushed Kisenosato out at the end.

What a bout with Kiseno-Kakuryu! Matrix-level stuff that I thought only guys like Toyonoshima could do...

Thanks a million for these videos, Kintamayama. I have been watching every one for months! If it's possible though, could you add on just an extra two seconds before each bout starts? It's hard to read the names and win/loss records so quickly. Would be awesome if you could, but even if not I still enjoy the videos a lot :)

What a bout with Kiseno-Kakuryu! Matrix-level stuff that I thought only guys like Toyonoshima could do...

Thanks a million for these videos, Kintamayama. I have been watching every one for months! If it's possible though, could you add on just an extra two seconds before each bout starts? It's hard to read the names and win/loss records so quickly. Would be awesome if you could, but even if not I still enjoy the videos a lot :)

I'll try, but I'm trying to keep them as clippy as possible-I'll give them an extra second..

That would be great! Once again, thanks for the videos. I missed a lot of Sumo for about a year after I moved back to the states, and these vids have been a godsend.

Harumafuji looks really good this time around, I think. Kakuryu was so unlucky - a feather would have pushed Kisenosato out at the end.

I remember a bout between Asahifuji and Asashio at Aki '88 when both rikishi were simultaneously dangling on the edge and a feather could have put either of them out - it was quite a sight.

And on the 8th day God created the pause-button... B-)

You enjoy pausing videos every 20 seconds? It was just a suggestion, which he said he would try out, and I am grateful.

You enjoy pausing videos every 20 seconds? It was just a suggestion, which he said he would try out, and I am grateful.

Actually, I enjoy them as they are without pausing them.

Just wanted to show you another, easier way to "customize" the vids to your liking.

Thanks for these videos. Great editing, great graphics, great humour!

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

I'm not sure if it's just me being optimistic but i'm finding this basho to be really exciting so far, i can't really comment on the quality of the Sumo itself as i don't really have the technical know-how as it were, but i'm having a blast :)

What a great effort by Takanoyama, every step of the way i felt he had a chance, so close! if only he had a little more weight on him, but then perhaps if he did have more weight he might lose some of his agility i don't know, awesome lift by kakuryu as well, and as for Hakuho, "another day at the office" indeed :) he seems unstoppable.

Edited by Bugman

Day 6:

One of its legs is both the same.

Seemples.

Excellent!! You win a round-trip ticket!!

What power Hakuho has, kitataiki always fights hard, yet he was simply blown out the ring, also do my eyes deceive me or did Toyohibiki pull on Tochiozan's topnot at 4:16?

What power Hakuho has, kitataiki always fights hard, yet he was simply blown out the ring,

True, but Hakuho will be reprimanded for moonwalking back across the dohyo afterwards. (Sign of approval...)

also do my eyes deceive me or did Toyohibiki pull on Tochiozan's topnot at 4:16?

His hand was on the hair, but I didn't see an actual grab. Even if he did it wouldn't have mattered, since Tochiozan won anyway.

Edit: Where are my manners? Thanks for the video service, Moti!

Edited by Yubinhaad

Thanks for these videos. Great editing, great graphics, great humour!

Agreed! That extra second really helps :D

My god Kakuryu was a monster on day 6!

I was really REALLY hoping that Myougiryu would kick Aran's ass, but unfortunately it was not to be. Next time for sure (Sign of approval...)

Just watched day 7. Goeido really impressed me today for the first time in a while! Also, Houmasho is the man! He's really improved recently :D Once again great commentary Kintamayama, and I love the halftime vids! Hakuho almost seems bored these days...

Edited by Kimyouzan

Is it my imagination, or is there a movement towards more of a tsuppari/hand-to-hand attack, and less of a mawashi battle going on? The last 2 bashos I'm seeing more pushing/grabbing/pulling than I am right-hand-in-left-hand-out. The bouts, by and large, are more spirited, and there seems to be more a flurry of activity than in the past, where (say, in 2009) almost every bout seemed to be a clutch-and-grab dance. Even Hak's "go with the flow" passive approach has changed to a charge-first-ask-questions-later attack, which is more interesting and effective.

I'm still amazed at Miyabiyama's ability to stay in there and battle it out with a bunch of youngsters. He hasn't got a great record this time around, but he's also not choosing the easy way out like tenku and tenho have opted for in recent bouts. If he loses, it hasn't been for a lack of effort. Good for him!

Kakuryu can't catch a break here. His record should be completely different, but for last-second stuff....

And for once, I'm looking forward to the Ozeki-Yokozuna battles. Might be a different leaderboard landscape come Day 15.

Thank you kintamayama, lots of surprise losses today, incidently was that well-timed sweep by Takanoyama considered a henka?

I'll be a few hours late with the video today. We have a great alternative now so no problems..

I'll be a few hours late with the video today. We have a great alternative now so no problems..

What alternative? whatever it is i bet it doesn't match up on the humour :) but don't worry about being late or even not making one at all, as much as i enjoy your excellent compilations i know they are a luxury and treat them as such, i haven't become spoiled i promise! (Showing respect...) they must take a lot of effort to make for which i am very grateful.

Edit* as i write this you post them, awesome! off i go to watch :)

Edited by Bugman