Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Videos Hatsu 2012

Well, Sumo Reference seems to be down at the moment.

It's up for me at least. (always up for me...)

I suppose it must only have lasted a couple of minutes.

Perhaps to add the 'hide results' option ?

I suppose it must only have lasted a couple of minutes.

Perhaps to add the 'hide results' option ?

The results page may not have worked for a few seconds while uploading the new stuff, but the upload was six minutes after your post so this wasn't it.

Tenkaiho - Sagatsukasa - Psss pass: 2-0, now 3-0 (Showing respect...)

I'll be a few hours late with the video today. We have a great alternative now so no problems..

What alternative? whatever it is i bet it doesn't match up on the humour :) but don't worry about being late or even not making one at all, as much as i enjoy your excellent compilations i know they are a luxury and treat them as such, i haven't become spoiled i promise! (Showing respect...) they must take a lot of effort to make for which i am very grateful.

Edit* as i write this you post them, awesome! off i go to watch :)

Check out the youtube channel of araibira. He posts almost everything, starting from the lower divisions. Today he had posted about 100 videos - amazing work.

Check out the youtube channel of araibira. He posts almost everything, starting from the lower divisions. Today he had posted about 100 videos - amazing work.

Nice :) with Hakuho so dominant, do you guys think he will be the lone Yokozuna for years to come? or is it likely we will have another yokozuna soon?

That is the channel that the Sumoreferance site is now linked directly to, as mentioned in another post.

Edited by Kintamayama

finally getting back into things after a couple of years away. a couple of things:

first, thanks moti!

second, who was doing all of the grunting during the tochinoshin-toyohibiki bout? sounded like a bear.

third, after my time away, now coming back, one of the things i have noticed is that miyabiyama has finally become the fetid, bloated carcass that kintaro always said he was. age? injuries? needs to lose 20kilos?

finally, again, thanks moti!

third, after my time away, now coming back, one of the things i have noticed is that miyabiyama has finally become the fetid, bloated carcass that kintaro always said he was. age? injuries? needs to lose 20kilos?

The Miyabiflobmonster is now weighing 186 kgs (according to the Nihon Sumo Kyokai 'Who's Who').

Looking at Sumo Reference, this is his peak weight, but he has weighed over 180 kgs for the past 6 years.

His lowest weight in ozumo was 171 kgs - so perhaps 20 kgs is too much for him to lose - maybe 5 kgs?

second, who was doing all of the grunting during the tochinoshin-toyohibiki bout? sounded like a bear.

Hugh Grunt? Seriously, I'd go with Toyohibiki, but I'll check their bouts today and listen..

Thanks again!

Baruto yusho would be good, tsunadori!

The mother of all non-gachinko bouts: Takekaze's embarassing non-win against Miyabiyama. (Annoyed...)

Watching Hakuho lose is an odd feeling for me, like watching something infallible fail, or the sun not rising one day :) well done kakuryu it was a fantastic win, nice to see Aoiyama have a good win too, that was more like his previous effort in the last basho.

Regarding the Kisenosato - Kotoshogiku match, was that a henka? i'm looking at sato's feet and he doesn't seem to go sideways till after the tachi-ai, at least as far as i can see.

Edit* ah wait, he does move sideways a little doesn't he? you're right Kintamayama i wasn't expecting that from Kisenosato.

Edited by Bugman

That half-time bonus bout with the non-matta got me thinking about a hypothetical matta scenario, which I fully admit is unlikely.

If the 'victim' of a matta should be hit hard enough to be sent flying off the dohyo, get injured and is unable to participate in the bout, what happens? Surely the rikishi who committed the matta wouldn't be awarded a fusensho?

well, i see your point then, but still, he looks absolutely terrible. and i'm not talking about just his sumo, he just looks awful. but i guess that's at least part from being 175kg at the age of 34, vs the age of 23, when he handled the weight much better.

The Miyabiflobmonster is now weighing 186 kgs (according to the Nihon Sumo Kyokai 'Who's Who').

Looking at Sumo Reference, this is his peak weight, but he has weighed over 180 kgs for the past 6 years.

His lowest weight in ozumo was 171 kgs - so perhaps 20 kgs is too much for him to lose - maybe 5 kgs?

If the 'victim' of a matta should be hit hard enough to be sent flying off the dohyo, get injured and is unable to participate in the bout, what happens? Surely the rikishi who committed the matta wouldn't be awarded a fusensho?

As unlikely as it is, why wouldn't he?

The mother of all non-gachinko bouts: Takekaze's embarassing non-win against Miyabiyama. (Sign of approval...)

It took a whole lot of work to lose that one, didn't it? But why? Miyabiyama is obviously not going to remain in sanyaku anyway, but he's also obviously not going to drop out of the division. I can't figure out what anyone gets out of it.

Edited by Kuroyama

But why? Miyabiyama is obviously not going to remain in sanyaku anyway, but he's also obviously not going to drop out of the division. I can't figure out what anyone gets out of it.

Watch him get his KK...

Edit: ...not! (Sign of approval...)

Edited by Jakusotsu

Watch him get his KK...

Edit: ...not! ;-)

Eh. It would have been a tad too obvious, and required too many others to cooperate. Which is why I'm ALMOST thinking Takekaze was just having a stupid day.

Watch him get his KK...

Edit: ...not! ;-)

Eh. It would have been a tad too obvious, and required too many others to cooperate. Which is why I'm ALMOST thinking Takekaze was just having a stupid day.

You know, if I would throw a bout I would definitely NOT let it look like this one.

You know, if I would throw a bout I would definitely NOT let it look like this one.

Shows how little i know about Sumo, i honestly couldn't tell, certainly looked feeble but i couldn't see anything untoward as it were.

The mother of all non-gachinko bouts: Takekaze's embarassing non-win against Miyabiyama. ;-)

It took a whole lot of work to lose that one, didn't it? But why? Miyabiyama is obviously not going to remain in sanyaku anyway, but he's also obviously not going to drop out of the division. I can't figure out what anyone gets out of it.

Repayment of debts?