3 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

Waking up at night in tears?

Waking up every three hours.

Just now, Kintamayama said:

Waking up every three hours.

Having soiled himself.

1 minute ago, Eikokurai said:

Waking up at night in tears?

... of joy.    I still can't believe what is happening with this guy.   Shodai better be ready on day 14.

What? No moni-ii for Kotoeko? The gyoji wasn't sure who won.

Edit: Replay suggests Onosho won, so no harm done. Looked tight in real time though.

Edited by Eikokurai

Shodai answers back. Tomorrow's head-to-head match for the sole lead is on.

Edited by Kaninoyama

Shodai was damn sure he was going to win that one! Sets up a showdown with Tokushoryu tomorrow, which is sort of sad actually. I'd like both men to have the chance to take it to senshuraku in their own hands. They deserve it.

Of course, if Takakeisho loses today then we know for sure that the winner will be one of Shodai or Tokushoryu. Taka would be left on 10 wins with two days left, so only 12 would be possible if he wins both weekend bouts, while the winner of Shodai-Tokushoryu will be on 13 after tomorrow.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Edited by Eikokurai

16 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

What? No moni-ii for Kotoeko? The gyoji wasn't sure who won.

Edit: Replay suggests Onosho won, so no harm done. Looked tight in real time though.

Kyokudozan's brother waited for 2 reconfirmations by the chief shimpan, who had it all happen just before his eyes - but apparently waited for the video room to confirm before he confirmed to the gyoji (K.Hisanosuke).

As usual, my predictions went way off reality. Now we have a 13-2 (or better) assured - and if Takakeisho loses 1 more, he's out of the race.

Edited by Akinomaki

Toyonoshima 9th loss in Juryo. At 11E he is giri giri.

It feels far too early in the day for a Hokutofuji-Mitakeumi bout.

3 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

Endo finally gets his kachikoshi.

Could have been so much more.

Oh my. What a funny little ashitori that was! I've never someone lifted so far off the ground with that technique. Anyway, most importantly ... kachikoshi for Enho!

• Like 2

Wow, Enho! That should be an ashitori plus (ashitori+tsuridashi).

• Like 1

Just now, Eikokurai said:

Oh my. What a funny little ashitori that was! I've never someone lifted so far off the ground with that technique. Anyway, most importantly ... kachikoshi for Enho!

I jumped out of my sofa when it happened.   

• Like 1

Enho just added another finish to his highlight reel.

Even if Tokushoryu wins tomorrow (they will wait the final pairings for senshuraku till after that), I don't think they would scrap the final ozeki bout (for maybe many basho) - Goeido has to go kyujo tomorrow to have that - Shikoroyama on Abema today ruled out that he would. Asanoyama as opponent, I guess.

Enho went just for the right (injured) leg - especially this basho the weak spot of the one with the best shiko leg raise in the business

Edited by Akinomaki

Man, if Takayasu had brought that fire with him from day one he might not be an ex-Ozeki.

Takakeisho keeps the yusho dream alive.

Now that is what I call a kensho pack

2 minutes ago, Eikokurai said:

Man, if Takayasu had brought that fire with him from day one he might not be an ex-Ozeki.

Takakeisho keeps the yusho dream alive.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was floored by his ferociousness. Where was that Takayasu before?

One of the more crazy basho's, but there have been a few in the past year. Can't wait to get home to watch today's highlights. Enho has proven to be very interesting and fun to watch, though I have agonized over how the former Ozeki corps have done. With Goeido headed for Sekiwake, Takayasu to Komusubi and Tochinoshin to the near bottom of Maegashira, its been rough. Worst of all though, is Kotoshogiku, whom I fear is headed straight for Juryo, or, to retirement.

Still, Hokutofuji has had a cracking basho, as has Takakeisho and  who would've predicted that we'd see Shodai and Tokushoryu is the running for the cup! Craziness.

3 hours ago, Otokonoyama said:

Kizakiumi now able to do sumo without his neck taped.

Whereas poor Kotoshogiku looks like he is literally held together with tape at this point in his career. The guy's a trooper.

• Like 2