Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Haru 2016 Videos- Days 1-15

Ura's bout today. Big applause from audience during shiko.

Actually the I think the applause during shiko was for his opponent Abi, who has the best shiko in the business. It is unbelievable.

Both were extraordinarily high. Felt like it was a contest of some sort...

I don't think any would compare to the bouts between Chiyonofuji (pre-Yok days) and ex-K Yutakayama in the late 70s. Both were pretty much vertical. Unfortunately I was unable to find a pic (will keep looking).

Thank you so much for these videos! Our DVR failed to record day three (it's on at 2am in Texas) and this video saved the day!

Moderator Notice
This is a reminder that spoilers are not to be posted in this topic. That includes discussing matches and results, posting videos with the bout results in the description, or in the video thumbnail image.
  • Like 2

Todays Osunaarashi bout:

Thanks to the mods to keep this thread spoiler free.^^

Edited by Otokonoyama
  • Like 6

Todays Osunaarashi bout:

<snip>

Since I can't read Arabic I don't know if there is a spoiler involved. Thanks to the mods to keep this thread spoiler free.^^

Google Translate says it's a spoiler. If any Arabic readers would like it flagged as a spoiler, please let me know.

Corrected. ;-)

Edited by torquato

Day 4:

Goeido's promotion to Ozeki was a bit unexpected, but Takarafuji's has come completely out of the blue!

Goeido's promotion to Ozeki was a bit unexpected, but Takarafuji's has come completely out of the blue!

Never happened.

Edited by Kintamayama

"The hooter" doesn't quite mean the same thing in other countries as it does in the US...

Edited by hamcornheinz

WHOAH. ENDO GOT FAT. I mean, good for him? Maybe? It just caught me WAY off guard to see him that big.

• Like 2

Day 5 - killer video today. Lousy broadcast but the elves saved it..

• Like 18

Only way the the video could have possibly been better was if you added another Owl hoot after they stood up to prepare again, but as a small window on the side. Anyway I bursted out laughing. Amazing. Japanese people need to jump on this and start calling him Kotoyuuki the Fukurou.

Edited by Jyuunomori
  • Like 1

Has anybody got a best of Kotoyuki barking?

Edited by torquato
  • Like 1

Osunaarashi's bout

I love that totally relaxed/bored/almost condescending look on Osunaarashi's face all throughout the pre-bout ritual. He definitely knows he doesn't belong in Juryo at at all.

And Kinta! The Owl! Priceless!

Edited by d_golem

Only way the the video could have possibly been better was if you added another Owl hoot after they stood up to prepare again, but as a small window on the side. Anyway I bursted out laughing. Amazing. Japanese people need to jump on this and start calling him Kotoyuuki the Fukurou.

I would have if he would have but he didn't.