Sign in to follow this  
Sotonokuni

Sumo internet radio broadcasting begins in earnest

So how do we listen? What are the Facebook and Twitter links as well?

would be great to be able to listen to past recordings too, maybe consider a podcast?

Hi Guys,

Just search JVB on the internet or "Japan Visionary Broadcasting" and it'll come up.

I'll keep you posted on the next live broadcast.

Wow - quite a few replies to this topic. Thanks for the support guys.

Ok, so as I understand it, Mark will be back on JVB tomorrow (Sunday 18th March) for the nakabi commentary between 4pm and 6pm (Japan Time). Simply search "Japan Visionary Broadcasting" on the internet and tune in via your pc or whatever.

Like NHK English, we are broadcasting from outside the arena hence more freedom to say what we want and make the commentary more entertaining.

All the best,

Sotonokuni

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, I'm grateful for the commentary. On the other, it seems to run at least a half minute ahead of the video feed, so when listening I know the outcomes of bouts before I see them start.

We're torn too now. We want to provide the results as fast as possible so we use live TV - not the feed. However, in light of your feedback, we might be advised to follow the feed seeing as most of our listeners also follow it. We'll discuss this before Tuesday. Thanks for this feedback.

Next JVB live broadcast - Tuesday March 20th (1600-1800 JT). Mark Buckton and Chris Gould both behind the mic. Looking forward to it.

We're torn too now. We want to provide the results as fast as possible so we use live TV - not the feed. However, in light of your feedback, we might be advised to follow the feed seeing as most of our listeners also follow it. We'll discuss this before Tuesday. Thanks for this feedback.

Then let me also say that, before I turned it off to avoid "spoilers", I was enjoying it very much. I thought it quite well-done.

This is no foolproof. I sometimes run 2 or more streams of NSK video at the same time, and it is not uncommon for one instance to lag 20 or more seconds behind the other. Same URL's, but different arrival times. I use it for instant replay. Edited by Asojima

This is no foolproof. I sometimes run 2 or more streams of NHK video at the same time, and it is not uncommon for one instance to lag 20 or more seconds behind the other. Same URL's, but different arrival times. I use it for instant replay.

It's probably impossible to guarantee synch on two simultaneous independent live streams over TCP/IP.

I found the radio to be about 15 to 20 seconds behind the NSK feed, which worked out ok for me. I enjoyed the broadcast and hope to see it expanded in the future.

Can't help but think most posting on this topic here as outsiders of the project are not, all a bit fake in the publicity department. Friends, office colleagues, Mums Dads anyone available seem to be the newcomers.

I will have a listen Tuesday to see if there is anything worth listening to.

Can't help but think most posting on this topic here as outsiders of the project are not, all a bit fake in the publicity department. Friends, office colleagues, Mums Dads anyone available seem to be the newcomers.

Yourself included?

Yourself included?

Don't feed the troll...

Yourself included?

Certainly not.

thank you for the positive comments above. We have received others via JVB, Twitter, FB, and privately.

It is a work in progress - and one we want to have fun doing.

'specialweek2' - I personally know none of the people above bar Chris. I have asked none of those to post / promote.

Tiger - cheers for all the interaction yesterday. Kuroyama, the engineers are working on the tech issues tonight and tomorrow.

Hope we get some more interaction tomorrow.

Note to mods - I have long since lost/forgotten my other password and even the e-mail address from which I accessed. This is a new account as you will notice.

Any chance of a potted summary/podcast being made available to those of us not able to listen live?

Edit: unsolicited!

Edited by Naganoyama

they are available on the mixlr JVB site I understand. Or at least that is what the engineer told me yesterday. I will have a look tomorrow when I get there and confirm this.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/japan-visionary-broadcasting

this is where it will be tomorrow for those looking for a direct link. Should be fun. Will be rocking up at the studio 30 mins before we go on air as we need a few mins to get through the fans outside the studio; goes with the job.

No pre-meets to go over the torikumi.

No planned comments on a given rikishi at a certain time.

No cues from a staffer bar the main man DJ Stitch on beer topping up duty.

No censorship imposed, or self-applied.

No hanamichi reports - from a person in the studio next to us.

and, best of all - no taboos.

Let's see what happens.