Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Asashouryuu back in keiko-injures Osh

Asashouryuu returned to keiko, although he still had a low fever of 37.5. He was all business though at asageiko. He had 8 bouts. He beat Kotooushuu by ashitori. He picked up Osh's right leg with two hands and threw him backwards. Osh landed on his back, and subsequently injured. his right knee as well. More specifically- 右ひざ内側側副じん帯.This is his injury-I have no idea what it means-"right knee inside duplicate zone thingy". Osh was kyujo in the afternoon torikumi. "Today, I got rid of some "bad" sweat", said Asa.

Edited by Kintamayama

right knee inside duplicate zone thingy

Refers to medial collateral ligament injury. He injured that in his early days during first sekitori keiko sessions. Maybe the same knee. In any case, won't be easy for him unless it is a mild degree one.

Osh landed on his back, and subsequently injured. his right knee as well. More specifically- 右ひざ内側側副じん帯.This is his injury-I have no idea what it means-"right knee inside duplicate zone thingy". Osh was kyujo in the afternoon torikumi.

:'-( (Depressed...)

Bugger! I saw your post on the SML first and I went hunting on the net to find out what part of the knee it was by comparing English and japanese diagrams. Trust KKM to know everything!!

Kotooshu was injured by Asashoryu, and as a result missed the afternoon session.

"Today, I got rid of some "bad" sweat", said Asa.

What's that supposed to mean? U get rid of some bad sweat by injuring an opponent? >(Applauding...)

Anyways, anyone have today's news on how Kotooshu is doing?

Edited by kotooshu_bulgaria

I suppose there will be regular updates in the papers that Kintamayama and Jonosuke can keep us updated on...

"Today, I got rid of some "bad" sweat", said Asa.

What's that supposed to mean? U get rid of some bad sweat by injuring an opponent? >:-(

i guess he meant the "bad sweat" of his fever ...

OK, Kotooshu said that he is feeling better today and will be back to training tomorrow. Hope the injury does not re-appear and he has a healthy basho! (Nodding yes...) :-(

I like the rikishi with a violent temperament who takes out fight to the front.

Even if such rikishis' waging war, for example, Asashoryu-VS-Kakizoe, will have a result how, I am excited very much.

Although Kaki never suits Asa, it throws all the power that he can have.

In hon-basho, although it is very natural, he aims at winning.

In a Keikoba, neither the meaning which determines victory or defeat, nor necessity exists at all.

Usually it tries that the purpose of Moushiai becomes a form for oneself Jyubun, and not to become in partner Jyubun.

In Keiko, I do not say to sin that he is conscious of victory or defeat like a Honbasho.

However, it is sin to devise the work which may make a partner injured.

In various performance of a sport combative, sumo requires patience of a contestant most.

Probably, of course, Asa understands that.

However, the instinct of the wildness with which he is born always denies it.

Sure enough, does surrounding environment allow it forever?

The rikishis who have avoided exercise with Asa well until now may refuse clearly from now on.

Sadogatake of retirement age nearness which is probably most angry to this incident may make Asa a fellow traveler.

Or since the role of mediation of Japan is continued with Mongolian, Kyokushuzan which dislikes an damage to image does not seem to be silent to me.

Naturally, if Kyokai also has the popular rikishi of first-class company backup crushed, it is troubled.

This incident feels danger considerably. :-(

Today, I got rid of some "bad" sweat", said Asa. 

What's that supposed to mean? U get rid of some bad sweat by injuring an opponent?

I think Shoryu refers to the well-known euforic first athletic sweat session after fever. Post-fever training euforia is at best a very cleansing experience and definitely feels like getting rid of bad sweat. The training session itself can be a bit tiresome and weak even but it breezes through the body well unless it kicks back and makes feeling worse again...

Rikishi sometimes also say that when they have some flu that they start hard keiko and get rid of the flu with that. Chiyotaikai has said this at least twice "Flu goes away when I start hard keiko.."

Just for misc info follow-up...(I'm no doctor but had heard technical stuff about it recently)...

When a virus or flue starts, the body actually reacts by changing it's "cooling system" controls... actually in order to make the body's environment not-so-conducive to the virus's living conditions. Too high a temperature tends to help prevent proper growth and spread of a flu in the body.

So high fevers tend to be a method of the body to somewhat "stall" the progress of the disease to let the general white blood cells + antibodies "catch up".

I'd say that if the body is already in pretty good shape to fight or be active thru it...(as the muscles do get more dehydrated in the process) then logically it could logically even make it worse for the "flu bug" to survive to literally be able to "burn the flu out" somewhat.

Flu problems, etc are probably worse for people that are more inactive... (or like me that sits in front of computers all day :-D ) as when the muscle weakness hits there isn't enough strength to "work anything out" like athletes... so it probably lasts longer.

Anyways that's kinda the view I see of it. Indeed "Sweating it out" is usually the best thing I've always done when I've got the flus....

I'd say that if the body is already in pretty good shape to fight or be active thru it...(as the muscles do get more dehydrated in the process) then logically it could logically even make it worse for the "flu bug" to survive to literally be able to "burn the flu out" somewhat.

Very interesting thought :-D

Fever isn't evil, that is for sure and most mammals develop a fever when attacked by pathogens. Some reptiles actually develop a "cooler" (their body temperature goes down) in similar situation but Asashoryu and most other rikishi are not reptiles. That "burning the flu out" with extra muscle work induced extra heat production to manhandle pathogens is an interesting idea. Sounds interesting indeed.

Flu problems, etc are probably worse for people that are more inactive... (or like me that sits in front of computers all day  ) as when the muscle weakness hits there isn't enough strength to "work anything out" like athletes... so it probably lasts longer

Probably but what is interesting too is that athletes are more vulnerable to flus and get them more often that average computer pros for example. That is because hard trained body is less immunoefficient as hard training and tuned up condition has a tendency to suppress the immunosystem to some degree. Hence no surprise many athletes suffer from unfortunate flus etc. in big games like Olympics and quarantine is used within teams etc. And of course in sumo keiko the contraction is easy. Spit, close contact etc.

And here lies the danger for athletes too. Since athletes are most prone to do hard training even when still feverish which means that the pathogen is still loose in the system and as many athletes have already a bit lesser immunoefficiency in top condition, it exposes them more to bad after affects like inflammation of the heart muscle which kills many athletes every year. The flu is caused by a virus but there are many different kinds of viruses that cause the flu. Most are harmless and no harm done even when training done when still ill but for example certain type of enterovirus can comprise even 10-15% of all flus depending on season and area, and those enterovirus types like heart muscle.

So if you have an enterovirus-caused flu and you do keiko when you still have that virus in your system reasonably strong, it can use the hard training situation to storm into heart muscle and cause myocarditis and that is not nice at all and not always that safe either if ignored.

Kin the Mod has itching mod-yubi now I bet! Scissors activated, service in mind!

(Laughing...)