Sign in to follow this  
AOZORA

Day 14. No reigi again,

It seems no one listened to Rijicho's warning on being Reigi-tadashii , after match. Today I saw Tamanoshima and Hokutoriki were looked so pissed-off for their opponents henka, and they did not even bow properly. (Sign of disapproval) I personally hate henka, but it is still their mistake to loose by henka. They should keep in the mind that there is always henka possibility even from AMA or ASA.

granted he hasn't punched any reporters of glass windows yet but I thought Tamanoshima was rather out of line today (Hokutoriki by contrast looked a tad miffed but resigned to what's become a common way of losing for him). Not only did Tamanoshima do a brief stare-down with Dejima after getting up off the ground, but before getting back to his spot at the tawara to bow he looked back at Dejima, and then walking down the hanamichi he looked back again! No "omae"'s were exchanged but surely this repeated 振り返る stuff warrants a Richijo talk, no?

granted he hasn't punched any reporters of glass windows yet but I thought Tamanoshima was rather out of line today (Hokutoriki by contrast looked a tad miffed but resigned to what's become a common way of losing for him). Not only did Tamanoshima do a brief stare-down with Dejima after getting up off the ground, but before getting back to his spot at the tawara to bow he looked back at Dejima, and then walking down the hanamichi he looked back again! No "omae"'s were exchanged but surely this repeated 振り返る stuff warrants a Richijo talk, no?

But he punched the wall when he returned by hanamichi.

(Hokutoriki by contrast looked a tad miffed but resigned to what's become a common way of losing for him).

Hokutoriki could have won the 2004 hatsu basho on senshuraku if he defeated a very young Hakuho. But he lost to Hakuho by henka. As result, Asashoryu defeated Hokutoriki in a playoff and won his seventh basho. As I recall, there was very little argument over Hakuho's use of the move. He was very young and inexperienced and was expected to lose. Using it was his only real chance to win. A very experienced rikishi like Hokutoriki should have been looking out for such an obvious move. He didn't and he lost. I don't like henkas but I have to say that I never saw a better one. I consider that victory as the "Mother of all henkas".

Especially when facing none other than "Mr. Henka" himself Shuzan, I'll agree that was quite a henka lol it sent him down and out of the dohyo (I also don't feel the least bit sorry for Hokutoriki as he has done this plenty of times to opponents himself...) As for Tamanoshima's bout, I side with him he had every right to be angry as Dejima was just fat out desperate from a win and pussed out of the tachiai, (I actually wouldnt mind seeing more reactions like this to henka or hatakikomi, as their often deserved....) like I said henka is only acceptable for use by smaller rikishi in my opinion.