Sign in to follow this  
serv

Videos of July 2006 Nagoya Basho

serv    0

Can you guys please help me to find the videos of the matches? the www.banzuke.com doesn't have most of the matches this month. :(

thank you in advance.

mokele    0
Try this. Great work of French fans :-P

Fantastic! It's like watching the old Sumo Digests that we used to get televised here in California back in the late 1990s. This is a great addition to Carlson's banzuke.com. Thanks! :-P

Ryukaze    0

Yeah that site really saved my ass this basho......The vids are posted rather late in the day though so don't plan on watching them in the morning (this only applies of course if you live in the U.S.) Nonetheless it is a great site, to bad I dont speak French.

Getayukata    8

Try this. Great work of French fans :-P

Fantastic! It's like watching the old Sumo Digests that we used to get televised here in California back in the late 1990s. This is a great addition to Carlson's banzuke.com. Thanks! :-P

OK, perhaps someone can help the technology challenged here...... every time I try to connect to this site, I get the message "operation timed out when attempting to contact ftp,info-sumo.net "

At first I thought it was just because everyone and his dog was wanting to watch the videos, but this surely can no longer be the answer. I have tried at various different times of day, to no effect.

Puzzled,

Getayukata

Asojima    1,855
OK, perhaps someone can help the technology challenged here...... every time I try to connect to this site, I get the message "operation timed out when attempting to contact ftp,info-sumo.net "

At first I thought it was just because everyone and his dog was wanting to watch the videos, but this surely can no longer be the answer. I have tried at various different times of day, to no effect.

Puzzled,

Getayukata

I use IE and never have any problem. What browser do you use, and what kind of connection (dialup or other)?

Edited by Asojima

Asashosakari    10,435

Sounds like your browser is not able to get an FTP connection established...that could either be a browser problem, or perhaps a misconfigured router or firewall, or even a general problem with your internet service provider. Really hard to trouble-shoot without further information...

serv    0

a video from Nagoya Basho 06 <---Link removed by request

p.s. for a faster viewing, the video's uploaded from info-sumo.net . the video is to be removed near future as for the owner's request.

Edited by Jonosuke

Info-Sumo    0
for a faster viewing, i've uploaded them on youtube.com

Hello everybody

I am the webmaster of http://www.info-sumo.net and for a few years now I have tried to develop a website providing various kinds of informations about sumo. Articles, photos, videos ans so on.

My interest for sumo goes back to the early 80s when I first went to Japan for work.

"Developing a website about sumo" means for me to try to attract more and more people, and develop the knowledge on sumo as much as possible . It's a long time work and I am sure those who have a website on their own will understand that.

Those who have known internet for a while also know that just like in sumo, there's a "netiquette" --> a way to behave on the internet.

In a way, as a fisrt post on this forum, I guess I won't appear very nice to you saying that I do NOT appreciate someone just takes files he found on a website to put them on another website (even youtube).

Furthermore without asking, and without any kind of information about the source of the files.

As I am quite positive, I guess the one who did it thought it was better like that. But I don't agree as I think that even if some are just interested in sumo videos, they may also be sometimes interested in what we say (in french) about sumo. Then uploading from the original website looks the best way to me.

I hope I will not have to reconsider the way I will provide videos in the future as I am not developing youtube.com. Please remove from youtube.

Have a good day.

Edited by Info-Sumo

Asojima    1,855

Welcome to our forum, although I regret the circumstances under which you appeared. I have enjoyed your video compilations, and I have tried, with only a small amount of success, to translate some of your interesting topic entries using my college French from 45 years ago. Thank you very much for your great work.

(Sign of approval) (Sign of approval)

Info-Sumo    0
Welcome to our forum, although I regret the circumstances under which you appeared. I have enjoyed your video compilations, and I have tried, with only a small amount of success, to translate some of your interesting topic entries using my college French from 45 years ago. Thank you very much for your great work.

(Sign of approval) (Sign of approval)

Thank you.

Ihave known this forum for a long tiime and almost registered a few times...

Unfortunately "the great work" is stopped, unless serv does what I ask (and reads his private message - eventually answers). I will resume uploading new videos when the youtube files and the above link are removed.

Edited by Info-Sumo

serv    0

the video link was removed by the moderator Jonosuke-san and i'm okay with it as long as Getayukata saw the video. He wasn't able to connect to the info-sumo.net. it's nice to share the videos with other fans whose are unable to see the live match. And I know great fans at info-sumo.net compiled the match and put it on their server. it takes lots of time and engery to do so. I really appreciate you for making it possible for other fans. I couldn't locate the English version of the website and not knowing any French, i stole and downloaded the videos to make it possible for more fans without first asking permission from the webmaster. :P

is the content still the property of NSK and NHK television? can the videos be uploaded freely on info-sumo.net? I'd like to know how the copyright & other bullcrap international law work on this particular case. it seems like if u follow all these laws, it's impossible to use the videos for everbody. :(

Edited by serv

serv    0

anybody knows different website that has the Nagoya and other basho's videos, links to the vids?

anybody knows websites that doesn't bother with the laws and don't care of fear of getting sued from NHK and NSK?

I'm looking for websites that are simple and easy to access the videos without any complications.

Getayukata    8

Sounds like your browser is not able to get an FTP connection established...that could either be a browser problem, or perhaps a misconfigured router or firewall, or even a general problem with your internet service provider. Really hard to trouble-shoot without further information...

I use Mozilla Firefox as my main browser, but I also have IE as well. Neither will work for me with the info-sumo site videos. I have no problem getting the videos at banzuke.com. We have a cable hookup to the internet. I suspect it is probably a firewall problem of some sort, but until my son comes home for Christmas, there is probably nothing that can be done about that, as he set our local network up, and only he would have any hope of sorting it out.

Getayukata

Guest Karatoshi   
Guest Karatoshi
--- i stole and downloaded the videos to make it possible for more fans without first asking permission from the webmaster. :P

is the content still the property of NSK and NHK television? can the videos be uploaded freely on info-sumo.net? I'd like to know how the copyright & other bullcrap international law work on this particular case. it seems like if u follow all these laws, it's impossible to use the videos for everbody. :(

I'm very disappointed to read your answer. We all were very happy that we have this french site with great videos. Now you destroyed this without any reason except to get a good ratings at youtube:-(.

I don't speak and cannot read french but it was no problem to understand this french site. Language converter programs are on internet.

Please do all what the the webmaster told you to do!

I hope with all my heart that this good webmaster will continue his great work for all sumo-fans.

Edited by Karatoshi

Doitsuyama    1,009
the video link was removed by the moderator Jonosuke-san and i'm okay with it as long as Getayukata saw the video.

Look 'serv', it definitely wasn't the big problem that there was a link to youtube. The big problem is that the compilation from info-sumo was copied to youtube, and as far as I can see, still is there. Can't you do all of us a favor and remove it from youtube?

Kaioshoryu    27

Info-sumo and Dale and all the others who provides videos of the bashos are doing an amazing job, and if someone uploads their work to youtube and they tell you to remove it, you better do it! You are ruining the only chance many people have to watch sumo so please remove the videos.

Edited by Kaioshoryu

Shimpu    0

Maybe he simply doesn't know how to remove these videos (Applauding...)

Edited by Shimpu

Guest morimori   
Guest morimori

I'm wondering, does info-sumo has copyright for these videos? If not, and since apparently serv's intention for posting them on youtube was to help somebody else to see them, I find the way most of the posters in this tread have ganged up on him, while sucking up to the info-sumo admin., quite tasteless.

I could not play the info-sumo videos on my Mac and was quite glad when I could see them on youtube. (Note that this has not reduced the traffic on info-sumo.net, as I was not planning to return there unless I could play their videos or learn French.) So, from me, thanks to both info-sumo and serv.

Info-Sumo    0
I could not play the info-sumo videos on my Mac and was quite glad when I could see them on youtube.

Don't worry about playing wmv files on a mac (I thought Mac was easy to use). In september it might be easier to watch asf files if someone provides the NHK streaming recording, as I am not going to spend 2 ou 3 hours every day after TV broadcast to provide any kind of files.

I will go to the beach instead.

Ryukaze    0

Dude WTF? Serv either delete the damb youtube file (so we ALL don't end up getting screwed in the butt, yes including your buddy Getayutaka) or.....hopefully the info-sumo server will be so kind as to continue with his vids (I can understand his being peeved at someone swiping the videos he too kthe time to post without his permission) your not bound by law to do that but keep in mind he just doesnt have to make any more if you dont do what he says so.... (In a state of confusion...) ....Either way damnit all, looks like Ol' Ryu is just gonna have to get a dish (and trust me I'd be happy to post the daily bouts for EVERYONE to see and you could do whatever the hell you wanted with them, only problem is I dont know how to do that so.........)

I have been interested for quite some time in this concept of watching the basho online etc although I have yet to do so.

that said, I think I fail to grasp what has gone on here.

Has 'serv' taking the bout footage without permission offended 'Info-Sumo' - webmaster of the French language site of the same name?

aderechelsea    106
I'm wondering, does info-sumo has copyright for these videos? If not, and since apparently serv's intention for posting them on youtube was to help somebody else to see them, I find the way most of the posters in this tread have ganged up on him, while sucking up to the info-sumo admin., quite tasteless.

they do have the copyright of the compilation though ... If serv wants to show the bouts he could sit down and do all this work by himself and post them on youtube. This would be nice for some guys like you and it would give us the chance for more sources to watch the bouts recorded.

Since he is doing nothing but stealing someone else's work he is going to be "ganged" all we want .... (In a state of confusion...)

Sakana    46

Where's the interest of copying Info-Sumo.net' videos to YouTube ? Nowhere. Quality is lower and it's not respectful of Info-Sumo webmaster work (around 2 or 3 hours to make those videos, to upload them and check it... ; and it's the same for Dale's video if there are on YouTube). The question on copyright is a false question because the answer is clear : neither Info-Sumo nor YouTube can say "we have the rights". But who is working for the interest of Sumo ? Info-Sumo or YouTube ?

Now, I guess, Info-Sumo webmestre will not lose his time to make those videos (nota bene : to watch NHK, he has a subscription so he's paying something and bring it to us for 0 cent...) and good luck in september for us to watch sumo if we can't access to the stream and if Dale can't put videos, too...

Now, I know that some body got problems to access to the website, but for one people, doing this... What about using programs like MSN, ICQ or else to share files before copying videos on YouTube ? Files : around 20 or 30 Mo. MSN, ICQ or else could have helped...