Sign in to follow this  
Fujisan

What is it with Hokutoriki and hair pulling?

I was just watching the video for todays bouts and I couldn't believe the blatant hair pulling in the match between Hokutoriki+Kakizoe.

Now Kakizoe definately had hold of Hokutorikis hair at the end of the bout but I'm suspecting that this was retaliation(Right or wrong) for Hokutoriki doing the same earlier in the bout,he spends an unusually long time with his hand on his opponents head throughout the match and was already disqualified for the same against Jumoji.

What do you think guys?

Fujisan, I have to agree with you! I was wondering the same thing, too. I felt that match between Kaizoe and Hokutoriki was WAY obvious than the one that Hoku was disqualified for between Jumonji. Sure seemed to me that Kaizoe had a good grip on Hoku's mage, but no one called anything! Not even a moment did it look like there would be a monoii... ;-) Very strange indeed... (Punk rocker...) Hmmmmm (Dohyo-iri...)

I saw the hair-grab too...but Kakizoe had already lost, so a mono-ii wouldn't have served any purpose. Changing the kimarite to a default would have just pointed a finger needlessly. I'm guessing that Kakizoe has already had a little sit-down with the PTB.

I was just watching the video for todays bouts and I couldn't believe the blatant hair pulling in the match between Hokutoriki+Kakizoe.

Now Kakizoe definately had hold of Hokutorikis hair at the end of the bout but I'm suspecting that this was retaliation(Right or wrong) for Hokutoriki doing the same earlier in the bout,he spends an unusually long time with his hand on his opponents head throughout the match and was already disqualified for the same against Jumoji.

What do you think guys?

I believe that hair pulling is never an issue unless the puller wins the bout.

I saw the hair-grab too...but Kakizoe had already lost, so a mono-ii wouldn't have served any purpose. Changing the kimarite to a default would have just pointed a finger needlessly. I'm guessing that Kakizoe has already had a little sit-down with the PTB.

Very good point Shomishuu. I thought about that after I posted. (Chucking salt...) Hoku won the match so there wasn't any reason to point that out, other than maybe a private talking with Kakizoe from the Oyakata or Shinpans.

On a mostly unrelated note, I wonder if Azumazeki-oyakata ever had his sideburns pulled during his active career. :-P

On a mostly unrelated note, I wonder if Azumazeki-oyakata ever had his sideburns pulled during his active career. :-P

Only by little old japanese ladies that said, "Isn't he cute?"

Torideyama (with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

And why not? Is there anything in the rules about pulling the sideburns? Or any other body-hair? (Laughing...) I haven't seen... :-P

The little old japanese ladies that say, "Isn't he cute?" do not count in this respect. They never get disqualified, due to their own disarming cuteness... (East wins...)