Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

after-Basho news

1. Kitanoumi Rijichou has decided to review the whole Kosho status balagan. (balagan="mess" in Hebrew) He says that Musouyama's participation and success in Natsu proves that you don't have to sit out 5 months with a dislocated shoulder. He also aims to revise the whole payment/retirement monetary system as well.

2. Chiyotaikai expressed deep disappointment, as expected. "I was thinking too much about winning this and losing that. It's not every day that you get this kind of opportunity. now, I'm starting over again with a clean slate. I have to get over the bad feeling and go on.", he said, drinking mineral water.

3. Mongolians make peace. Kyokushuuzan and Kyokutenhou came intom the dressing room after Asashouryuu's yuushou and publicly shook hands, ending the week-long rift between them following the "scandal". The fact that the three of them came away with personal prizes(Asa the yushou, the Kyokus with sanshos) found all of them in high spirits, so the reconciliation was easy. Lots of light-hearted handshaking and mutual congratulating. After their altercation on day 9, Asa and Shuuzan ignored each other. "We met each other every day after the altercation, and the atmosphere was really scary", joked Kyokushuuzan. The fact that 10-hoe will be promoted to Sekiwake, prompted the "I'll do my best " mantra from him as well.

4. Kitanoumi rijicho, who warned Asashouryuu to act like a Yokozuna after that day 9 situation,expressed his content at the yokozuna's yusho. "Now, I would like to see a ZENSHO Yusho next time", he said.

"Sure thing", answered the Yokozuna, when asked about it by reporters.

5.At a press conference this morning at Takasago, the Yokozuna admitted that he had doubts if he could ever get a yusho as Yokozuna. Asked about his un-Yokozuna-like behaviour, he said that he was learning every day, and that he hopes to better himself as time goes by. "I am aiming for Zensho", he reiterated.

Edited by Kintamayama

The fact that 10-hoe will be promoted to Sekiwake, prompted the "I'll do my best " mantra from him as well.

I am not sure about something and am sure you guys can help. Now does 10-Ho's 10-5 at Komosubi count as the beginging of his 3 basho run at becoming a Ozeki or doest it only start once you reach sekiwake?

The fact that 10-hoe will be promoted to Sekiwake, prompted the "I'll do my best " mantra from him as well.

I am not sure about something and am sure you guys can help. Now does 10-Ho's 10-5 at Komosubi count as the beginging of his 3 basho run at becoming a Ozeki or doest it only start once you reach sekiwake?

Yes, he can become ozeki in two basho. It's actually very common to only have been sekiwake for two basho before becoming ozeki. There are even a few cases of only one basho as sekiwake before promotion, Kaio being the most recent one.

Check out the ozeki promotion page at Chiyozakura's web site.

(balagan="mess" in Hebrew)

In Hebrew? That word was clearly imported from Russian. :-D

4. Kitanoumi rijicho, who warned Asashouryuu to act like a Yokozuna after that day 9 situation,expressed his content at the yokozuna's yusho. "Now, I would like to see a ZENSHO Yusho next time", he said.

"Sure thing", answered the Yokozuna, when asked about it by reporters.

Yeah, right.

In Hebrew? That word was clearly imported from Russian. harhar.gif

Yes, as were many other "Hebrew" words, like bardak. I actually didn't know this came from Russian, although both words have the same connotation..

Yeah, right.

I sincerely hope come July 24th that you will eat your words.. :-D

I sincerely hope come July 24th that you will eat your words.. :-D

Hope. Hope is good. :-D

He also aims to revise the whole payment/retirement monetary system as well.

As someone who has spent a bit of time studying the salary system of Sumo, this sparked my interest.

Was there anymore detailed information about what they are planning than just what is written above?

:-D

Edited by Zentoryu

No, just the kensho-kin thing was mentioned, and monetary changes..

Hope. Hope is good.

Yes indeed. Better than hopeless, though. See Chiyotaikai.. :-D

Edited by Kintamayama

5.At a press conference this morning at Takasago, the Yokozuna admitted that he had doubts if he could ever get a yusho as Yokozuna. Asked about his un-Yokozuna-like behaviour, he said that he was learning every day, and that he hopes to better himself as time goes by. "I am aiming for Zensho", he reiterated.

It's interesting that he admitted these doubts, especially now that he's won.

Has any yokozuna ever gotten zensho yusho in their first basho as yokozuna?

Takanosato, if not others as well.

Takanosato, if not others as well.

It seems Futabayama is the only other one who managed to do that, although the tournament records linked from Chiyozakura's Yokozuna list (which I shamelessly harvested for this info) aren't entirely complete, so maybe there's another one.

Dont forget Kinta "Even hope-less as hope in it,"(from the TV show Red DWARF) Dont write Taikai off yet.

Dont forget Kinta "Even hope-less as hope in it,"(from the TV show Red DWARF) Dont write Taikai off yet.

Oh, no one is writing Taikai off. It's just Moti living his moment and making the best of it, because he knows that soon some mongolian ass is going to be kicked. (Baby sucking a pacifier...) (Chased by the fans...) (Releasing bad air...)

Oh, no one is writing Taikai off. It's just Moti living his moment and making the best of it, because he knows that soon some mongolian ass is going to be kicked. (Baby sucking a pacifier...) (Chased by the fans...) (Releasing bad air...)

True, true..I wish it were MY moment for a change, and not some obscure Mongolian's..

Seriously(??) though-Taikai is going to have to summon up a lot of willpower (again) to get over the disappointment of failure. He's not getting younger, and I think the coming Basho is his test.

I foresee a 9-6, an unstable time for him, then another run for the money.

Don't forget, he was a street gang leader with yellow hair, he's no frier.

Edited by Kintamayama