Ama Komusubi Kekutenho

Please, full banzuke of makuuchi and Juryo

Asashory Yokozuna

Tochiazuma Ozeki Kotooshu

Hakuho Ozeki Chiyotakai

Kaio Ozeki

Miyabiyama Sekiwake Kotomitsuki

Ama Komusubi Kekutenho

I'd say that's probably 13 of 20 points in GTB.

doesnt the newest promotee always get the lowest rank at a position? as such Hakuho would have to be O3E, correct?

Hakuho Ozeki Chiyotakai

Kaio Ozeki

I think rather than Chiyotaikai and Kaio will be in front of Hakuho.

Kaio Ozeki Chiyotaikai

Hakuho Ozeki

(Applauding...)

Asashory Yokozuna

Hakuho Ozeki Chiyotakai

Kaio Ozeki

Ama Komusubi Kekutenho

I'd say 11!

YE Asashoryu

O1E Tochiazuma

O1W Kotooshu

O2E Chiyotaikai

O2W Kaio

O3W Hakuho

SE Kotomitsuki

SW Miyabiyama

KE Kyokutenho

KW Ama

I have a full banzuke draft at home, but it still has some kinks...might post it later today for you to tear it to pieces (I am not worthy...)

Asashory Yokozuna

Hakuho Ozeki Chiyotakai

Kaio Ozeki

Ama Komusubi Kekutenho

I'd say 11!

YE Asashoryu

O1E Tochiazuma

O1W Kotooshu

O2E Chiyotaikai

O2W Kaio

O3W Hakuho

SE Kotomitsuki

SW Miyabiyama

KE Kyokutenho

KW Ama

I have a full banzuke draft at home, but it still has some kinks...might post it later today for you to tear it to pieces :-D

Actually, if yours is correct (likely so) than amgaa99 gets indeed 13 points. Ozeki is ozeki and you get a point even if on the wrong level. (I should know as I wrote the Excel macro / functions for the scoring... (I am not worthy...) )

I'm thinking whether Hakuho will be placed E or W. Will he placed just lower of other ozekis or will he be placed on last position? I would go with first as Asa himself was placed like that once .. a long long time ago (I am not worthy...)

YE Asashoryu

O1E Tochiazuma

O1W Kotooshu

O2E Chiyotaikai

O2W Kaio

O3W Hakuho

SE Kotomitsuki

SW Miyabiyama

KE Kyokutenho

KW Ama

i made my GTB entry up to Komusubi (yeah i know ... took me a lot of time) and it is exactly the same. You probably want to change yours as soon as possible .... (I am not worthy...)

Actually, if yours is correct (likely so) than amgaa99 gets indeed 13 points. Ozeki is ozeki and you get a point even if on the wrong level. (I should know as I wrote the Excel macro / functions for the scoring... (I am not worthy...) )

Oops, and here I was wondering why Asashosakari reversed the sekiwake.

Edited by Oimeru

I'm thinking whether Hakuho will be placed E or W. Will he placed just lower of other ozekis or will he be placed on last position? I would go with first as Asa himself was placed like that once .. a long long time ago (I am not worthy...)

Different situation...there were two Yokozuna when Shoryu became the 5th-ranked Ozeki.

Anyway, the first time they had to deal with a sole Yokozuna Asashoryu and an odd number of another sanyaku rank, they put the last-ranked guy on the East side, but since then it's always been the West side (this basho and the following five). I think it's pretty safe to say that Hakuho will Go West. Or at least he should...they've managed to mess up haridashi ranks pretty bad in the past (most notorious example perhaps here), so it's never 100% sure. :-D

Edited by Asashosakari

My prediction is for Baruto to be in Makuuchi.... (Showing respect...) I don't know where he will be ranked. I'm just happy he made it. (Sign of approval)

My prediction is for Baruto to be in Makuuchi....

This has been reported in Estonia as done deal for a few days now. I wonder where the information is coming from. This has not been made officially public yet, has it? Maybe Baruto himself is the source of this information. Or maybe it's a common knowledge everywhere and it's just me being clueless... (Showing respect...)

I wonder where the information is coming from. This has not been made officially public yet, has it? Maybe Baruto himself is the source of this information. Or maybe it's a common knowledge everywhere and it's just me being clueless... (Showing respect...)
This information won't be made official until the banzuke is released on April 23rd. But his 15-0 record makes promotion virtually a matter of fact.

This has been reported in Estonia as done deal for a few days now. I wonder where the information is coming from. This has not been made officially public yet, has it? Maybe Baruto himself is the source of this information. Or maybe it's a common knowledge everywhere and it's just me being clueless... (Sigh...)

This information comes from Forum member Ikishima and it was in the recent Baruto thread:

"Former Ozeki Kotokaze was promoted from J11w to M14w at Kyushu in 1979 with a 14-1 record.

13-2 from J10w was enough to get Tenryu and Banryuyama to M13 and M14. It got Konishiki only to J2e. (You have got to love hakke yoi.)

A 14-1 if he gets to beat the other promotion canidates could get him there. Today he gets Tosanomi. I think three more wins gets him there."

So it is not merely speculation that he will get promoted. 14-1 at Juryo 11 has earned at least one rikishi a promotion to Makuuchi and 15-0 is a done deal. The perfect record leaves me no doubt. Also I want to welcome you to the forum. (Whatever above, it is funny...)

Edited by Kishinoyama

Why someone don't post prediction of full banzuke of May?

Because there is a sumo game called Guess the Banzuke. Many people on the forum participate and I'm sure they see little sense in sharing their banzukes when it might hamper their climb up the rankings. Then again, perhaps I'm a little too competitive for my own good. BTW, I've only offered my farcical guess on two occasions and it's official that I suck at this game....

Why someone don't post prediction of full banzuke of May?

If I could, I would bring my own full banzuke predictions for discussion( instead asking others to post).

But, I've no idea how to make (predict) the banzukes. Sorry.

Just because some members are so curious... this was my very first attempt: ;-)

Asashoryu	 Y O
Tochiazuma	O O1
Kotooshu	  O W1
Chiyotaikai   O O2
Kaio		  O W2
Hakuho		O W3
Kotomitsuki   S O
Miyabiyama	S W
Kyokutenho	K O
Ama		   K W
Kisenosato	M 01 O
Kakizoe	   M 01 W
Asasekiryu	M 02 O
Wakanosato	M 02 W
Kotoshogiku   M 03 O
Aminishiki	M 03 W
Tokitenku	 M 04 O
Kyokushuzan   M 04 W
Takekaze	  M 05 O
Tamanoshima   M 05 W
Kokkai		M 06 O
Roho		  M 06 W
Futeno		M 07 O
Dejima		M 07 W
Kasugao	   M 08 O
Hakurozan	 M 08 W
Iwakiyama	 M 09 O
Tochinonada   M 09 W
Tamakasuga	M 10 O
Tochinohana   M 10 W
Hokutoriki	M 11 O
Toyonoshima   M 11 W
Takamisakari  M 12 O
Yoshikaze	 M 12 W
Homasho	   M 13 O
Baruto		M 13 W
Tosanoumi	 M 14 O
Katayama	  M 14 W
Kitazakura	M 15 O
Buyuzan	   M 15 W
Jumonji	   M 16 O
Tokitsuumi	M 16 W

Meanwhile I already made some changes on this first version, but it should give you a rough impression of how next banzuke might look like. :-)

("O" means east, of course.)

Just because some members are so curious... this was my very first attempt: ;-)

Asashoryu	 Y O
Tochiazuma	O O1
Kotooshu	  O W1
Chiyotaikai   O O2
Kaio		  O W2
Hakuho		O W3
Kotomitsuki   S O
Miyabiyama	S W
Kyokutenho	K O
Ama		   K W
Kisenosato	M 01 O
Kakizoe	   M 01 W
Asasekiryu	M 02 O
Wakanosato	M 02 W
Kotoshogiku   M 03 O
Aminishiki	M 03 W
Tokitenku	 M 04 O
Kyokushuzan   M 04 W
Takekaze	  M 05 O
Tamanoshima   M 05 W
Kokkai		M 06 O
Roho		  M 06 W
Futeno		M 07 O
Dejima		M 07 W
Kasugao	   M 08 O
Hakurozan	 M 08 W
Iwakiyama	 M 09 O
Tochinonada   M 09 W
Tamakasuga	M 10 O
Tochinohana   M 10 W
Hokutoriki	M 11 O
Toyonoshima   M 11 W
Takamisakari  M 12 O
Yoshikaze	 M 12 W
Homasho	   M 13 O
Baruto		M 13 W
Tosanoumi	 M 14 O
Katayama	  M 14 W
Kitazakura	M 15 O
Buyuzan	   M 15 W
Jumonji	   M 16 O
Tokitsuumi	M 16 W

Meanwhile I already made some changes on this first version, but it should give you a rough impression of how next banzuke might look like. :-)

Thank you very much. It is very interesting. All mongolians are located above in list.

Maybe Mookonami wiil debut in makuuchi, isn't it?

Maybe Mookonami wiil debut in makuuchi, isn't it?

May be. This is my list of the hottest Makuuchi candidates:

1. Baruto	  Juryu 11 O  15-0
2. Homasho	 Juryu 05 O  12-3
3. Tosanoumi   Juryu 01 W  9-6
4. Katayama	Juryu 02 O  9-6
5. Mokonami	Juryu 03 W  9-6
6. Kyokunankai Juryu 06 W  10-5
7. Daimanazuru Juryu 02 W  8-7

As you can see I'd place Mokonami on position 5. So if 5 Juryu rikishi would be promoted, Mokonami would probably be one of them. :-) But I think Juryu 1 sounds more likely.

Just because some members are so curious... this was my very first attempt: :-D

Asashoryu

Meanwhile I already made some changes on this first version, but it should give you a rough impression of how next banzuke might look like. :-|

Can I use the entire Banzuke for the GTB game? (Whistling...) I'm just kidding! I've never entered that game before. After the top of the Banzuke I never know where the rikishi will be ranked and I'm not going to even attempt to try (Laughing...).

Can I use the entire Banzuke for the GTB game? (Nodding yes...) I'm just kidding!

Why not? (Sigh...) I finished that version of a Natsu basho banzuke just a few minutes after the last bouts of Haru basho. It was based on the simple formula "[8-7 = 1 rank up], [9-6 = 3 ranks up], [10-5 = 5 ranks up] etc". Feel free to enter this in GTB - I'd really be interested in your result then. My guess is that it would give you a record of 6-9 or worse. (Blushing...) But if I score less points with my final version than you do with my first attempt, I'd know that I spent far too much time with hakkeyoi researches... (Sigh...)

But if I score less points with my final version than you do with my first attempt, I'd know that I spent far too much time with hakkeyoi researches... (Blushing...)

Thanks for the offer and the formula you used is pretty sound. Sometimes your first instinct is the best one but I don't want to enter the GTB game... I would then feel obligated to enter every time (Nodding yes...).