Sign in to follow this  
sekitori

It was a satisfying basho for most of the sanyaku rikishi

That comment was made on the English language version of the NHK broadcast on senshuraku and I think it's a very good one. Most of them did quite well. Asashoryu won. Tochiazuma kept his yokozuna promotion hopes alive. Hakuho will become an ozeki. Kaio is still around---as an ozeki. (Sign of approval) Chiyotaikai is no longer kadoban. Kotooshu avoided kadoban status while performing pretty much on one leg. Miyabiyama had a very successful basho and should be promoted to sekiwake. Kotomitsuki and Roho didn't perform that well but even so, Kotomitsuki is still a sekiwake. And for someone in his first basho at Komosubi, Roho's 4-11 record wasn't unexpected. It was a valuable learning experience. Finally Ama, although not a sanyaku rikishi, could very well become one for the Natsu basho. (Blushing...) Yes, it was a pretty good basho for most of the high ranking rikishi.

And for someone in his first basho at Komosubi, Roho's 4-11 record wasn't unexpected. It was a valuable learning experience.

Same record as Kotooshu in his first sanyaku basho. (Blushing...)

Wow. No kadoban Ozeki next basho. What are we to do? B-)

simply wait for july (Applauding...)

Or we have a new hope for a japanese Yokuzuna called Kaio or Chiyotaikai (Blushing...)

Wow. No kadoban Ozeki next basho. What are we to do? (Blushing...)

Bet on who is going to go kyujo first ! B-)

Wow. No kadoban Ozeki next basho. What are we to do? (In jonokuchi...)

Bet on who is going to go kyujo first ! :-D

(Applauding...) Oh man... I don't know what I would do if we had all of the Ozeki finish two tournaments in a row with winning records.... (Hugging...)