Zentoryu

Bench Deadline Almost Here

Only one day left to enter Bench Sumo and participate in the 2003 Natsu

Bench Basho.

There are still 27 players who have yet to register a team or request an

abscence (Rannohana where are you????).

Hurry up and register now! Please don't wait for the last second and get

burned.

Remember: NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!!! (Sign of disapproval)

Here is an updated list of the missing in action:

The following Oyakata who have played in prior bashos

have not entered, reported their absence or retired:

Akebono Taro

Akishiki

Asashimaru

Chijanofuji

Chikaraho

Chochononami

Guntamisakari

Hamanoyama

Hasurami

Hokanobenzo

Ishioru

Johnofuji

Kirinoumi

Kojamuri

Kotoshiriki

Kropkitoriki

Kyokagami

Kyukenzan

Marionoumi

Mikaazuma

Minatozan

Rannohana

sashimaru

sentoriazuma

Takatamale

Tokimori

Zenrikikuma

---Zentoryu

I want to say "hi" to Fujisan - I noticed you have joined Benchsumo for the upcoming basho. (Laughing...)

It's good to have another Brit playing - we're somewhat few in number in the sumogames world.

hope you have fun.

best wishes,

jomojo

Perhaps you should have a Brit heya in benchsumo ;-) Like our Massashigawa beya. (Laughing...)

Perhaps you should have a Brit heya in benchsumo :-) Like our Massashigawa beya. ;-)

well, we have gotten as far as forming a common ichimon in Benchsumo - the Brits have gone off with some fellow adventurers to found a place of non-stop sumo bonhomie at The North Pole ...

(Laughing...) Why?

- cf. the following:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bench_sumo/message/9710

jomojo :-D

Thanks Jomojo,Im enjoying it despite a dreadful showing so far-I think so anyway.

Whats up with the line up and results page,everytime I press on the link it says the web address is wrong-Although I know my scores for each day,Ive no idea where I am in the standings-I emailed your brother but he hasnt replied yet.

As for forming a team,between you and your 2 siblings and me we have the start of a Grimsby and ex Grimsby heya.

Anybody know any other Grimsby sumo fans?

Whats up with the line up and results page,everytime I press on the link it says the web address is wrong-Although I know my scores for each day,Ive no idea where I am in the standings-I emailed your brother but he hasnt replied yet.

Congratulations Fujisan on your first Benchsumo win today. I haven't had any problems myself with the following results link:

http://www.benchsumo.com/results.asp

To catch up on all the other Benchsumo news and standings, check out the latest messages posted at the Benchsumo yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bench_sumo/

Hope this helps.

cheers,

jomojo

I'd like to point out that, according to BS rules, only relatives can form heya's. You can form one if you'd like, but you will be forced to face each other on the cyber-dohyo during the basho (unless of course you're from the Vienna bridge club, which seems to be immune to this rule). (Censored)

I'd like to point out that, according to BS rules, only relatives can form heya's. You can form one if you'd like, but you will be forced to face each other on the cyber-dohyo during the basho

(In a state of confusion...) oh, right ... er ... Fujisan how about we pencil in our first *forced* meeting on the cyber-dohyo for a year or two from now, assuming we both make it in Makuuchi. I'll be waiting for you.

In the meantime do come and visit us at the North Pole ichimon, croissants and baked beans and other European delicacies are provided by our Captain Boltono. Don't be put off by his green colour. He is a rather amusing fellow in his saner moments. (Blinking...)

caio for now.

jomojo.

(In a state of confusion...) oh, right ... er ... Fujisan how about we pencil in our first *forced* meeting

It's for torikumi making purposes... ask your bro about it. (Blinking...)

It's for torikumi making purposes... ask your bro about it. (In a state of confusion...)

yes, he explains it somewhat in the following posting:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bench_sumo/message/9438

by the way, thanks for all your efforts Zentoryu on bringing us the daily Benchsumo Makuuchi torikumi over many basho - and for your head-to-head commentries that add spice to the build-up for these matches.

cheers,

jomojo (Blinking...)

Dont worry about it guys-This new stable is now proving to be a force to be reckoned with,on his own.

Last 3 days scores 12,12 and 14-From this day forth my opponents are only stepping stones to the Makuuchi and a Yusho.

Be with you real soon Jomojo. (In a state of confusion...)

by the way, thanks for all your efforts Zentoryu on bringing us the daily Benchsumo Makuuchi torikumi over many basho - and for your head-to-head commentries that add spice to the build-up for these matches.

(Clapping wildly...) Thanks for the kind words, they are always appreciated. (Sign of approval)

Dont worry about it guys-This new stable is now proving to be a force to be reckoned with,on his own.

Last 3 days scores 12,12 and 14-From this day forth my opponents are only stepping stones to the Makuuchi and a Yusho.

Be with you real soon Jomojo. ;-)

Hmmmm maybe not then.

One more win followed by three losses-Its gonna be another one of those bashos.

Dont worry about it guys-This new stable  is now proving to be a force to be reckoned with,on his own.

Be with you real soon Jomojo.    (Neener, neener...)

Hmmmm maybe not then.

One more win followed by three losses-Its gonna be another one of those bashos.

Hey Fujisan, looks like I might meet you on a "virtual Benchsumo" cyber-dohyo sooner than we both thought, courtesy of the Kintamayama Challenge Cup proposal (Applauding...) - see Jejima's posting below:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bench_sumo/message/11099

cheers

jomojo

That would be great Jomojo but I may be Kosho for the next basho due to my first holiday in 15 yrs,I hate to miss it but Im travelling to the outer hebrides with a very good friend and I doubt there will be much internet service there but if I am I will be looking forward to the November tournament which I will not miss.

I see your sister won the no cigar prize for our ichimon,great stuff-I was in the running myself for a while and I knew one of us would collect it for our ichimon.

Take care Jomojo.