Sign in to follow this  
Dejimasama

Greetings from Miami

Hello all, I am a 28 year old male in Miami Florida. I have always been interested in Sumo but use to only watch the recaps on ESPN. Well luckily for me I have a nice little job at a Satellite broadcasting company and have access to NHK and can watch the english broadcast of the Bashos that they offer. Started watching the basho back during the september 2002 basho. I have many favorites but mostly pull for Dejima, Asashoryu and Kasugao.

Hmm well a little bit about me. I am what Americans call a Southerner. I grew up playing offensive & defensive line in American football. Like anything Japanese and try to soak up what ever I can find about the culture.

YIPPIEEE, another Floridian! Welcome to the forum! :) I am a Miamian by heart, but live in the dark nether regions of Florida's first coast... Jacksonville. :-)

I don't know if you are planning on playing any of the sumo games, but in any event, your appearance prompted me to finally semi-launch a little project of mine that I have been putting off and that is really just in the beginning stages... the establishment of a Florida Cyber-Heya, called Hinata (Place in the Sun) (Blushing...)

Similar to what the Vienna Donaukawa Heya has done http://www.benchsumo.at I would like to keep a little page about the Florida sumofans (geared towards those who play games, but certainly not limited to). I've been trying to keep an eye out for any Floridians, and made a little draft site at http://www.anasuya.com/hinata

I have been meaning to contact all the Floridians to solicit some picture or avatar, and some information, maybe even a kesho-mawashi design :-) I put you on there too just now... :-) Lots of work to be done on the site...

In any event, welcome!

Cheers

Zenjimoto

Welcome to the forum Dejimasama-zeki!

I think you will find it informative and fun (Blushing...) And the emoticons are the best! :-)

As for Zenjimoto's Flordia beya idea: we've done a similar thing up here in Massachusetts: Massashigawa Beya

I am going to try to get into some of them before the basho. Gonna work on my pics this weekend.

I would definetly like to be a member of Hinata. Not many of us out there so it will be cool.