Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Post-Basho pics

Tochiazuma at the morning press conference, the usual "I did my own Sumo and thank you everyone for your support when I was down and out" routine:

20060123-00000054-kyodo-spo-thum-000.jpg

"The joijin ranks are occupied by many foreigners, so we Japanese have to gambarize!", he added. "I will try to seriously go for the tsuna!"

20060123-00000404-yom-spo-thum-001.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

Tochiazuma showing off his new blog at http://www.tochiazuma.jp :

KFullFlash20060123010_l.jpg

Tochiazuma: Yeah thats right I got Yusho (Yusho winner...) yeah I beat Asa (Whistling...) but you know what the biggest thing is...its my new blog...yeah thats right you all know you want to check it out...oh and here is a little peak at what is looks like...yeah I know it is hella badass (Laughing...)

Tochiazuma "Can someone show how I get to the sumo forum on this thing?"

"This is the new pocket sized George Foreman grill, you just open it up, put your sanwich inside, close it and it cooks it! without all that fat, it just runs out the side!....let me show you how, hand me my sandwich"

Edited by _the_mind_

Nice grill. Somehow it looks more like a notebook ???

uh, its a joke? like everyone elses who make up their own captions that usually have very little to do with the picture. lighten up?

Edited by _the_mind_

uh, its a joke? like everyone elses who make up their own captions that usually have very little to do with the picture. lighten up?

I thought it's a notebook grill.

"Aw, c'mon Dad!! Can't I play one more game before I go to bed?? C'mon!!! Please???"

sp-060124-2.jpg

"This is the new pocket sized George Foreman grill, you just open it up, put your sanwich inside, close it and it cooks it! without all that fat, it just runs out the side!....let me show you how, hand me my sandwich"

What's the point in a such a modern cooking device if all of the fat just runs out of the meal. What a waist. (Neener, neener...)

Asashouryuu received the Japan Pro-Sports BIG prize award for 2005.

After the ceremony Asa presented that figurine likeness of his (goes for 7000 yen) to a fan:

20060124-00000222-kyodo-spo-thum-000.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

What's the point in a such a modern cooking device if all of the fat just runs out of the meal. What a waist. (Bye, bye...)

true indeed, thats why i dont understand the real George Foreman grills lol this one has online capeabilities?

Edited by _the_mind_

true indeed, thats why i dont understand the real George Foreman grills lol this one has online capeabilities?

Yeah, it orders th steaks. (Bye, bye...)

Asa with Osh (who got the "Rookie of the Year "award), Iguchi from the White Sox (far left), and Bobby Valentine (manager of Japanese baseball champions Lotte)at the "Pro-Sports" awards:

0124asasyoryu.jpg05012506asasyoryuGRA00154G060124T.jpg

Asa says his arm is healed. "I want the yusho", he said.

Edited by Kintamayama

Asashouryuu received the Japan Pro-Sports BIG prize award for 2005.

After the ceremony Asa presented that figurine likeness of his (goes for 7000 yen) to a fan:

20060124-00000222-kyodo-spo-thum-000.jpg

Was this the first time Asa got this Award? It was on TV Japan News and I just caught the tail-end of it and thought I saw "2 years" in the headline. Just wondering... (Bye, bye...)

Was this the first time Asa got this Award? It was on TV Japan News and I just caught the tail-end of it and thought I saw "2 years" in the headline. Just wondering... (Bye, bye...)

Second consecutive year, yes.

Edited by Kintamayama

Interestingly enough, no Japanese in Japan. The only Japanese on the picture is doing his stuff in the U.S.A....

Interestingly enough, no Japanese in Japan. The only Japanese on the picture is doing his stuff in the U.S.A....

Well, in the picture on the right, the guy on the far right is G-Osaka soccer team's coach, whom I neglected to mention since I have no idea what his name is. This notwithstanding, he is definitely Japanese.

Edited by Kintamayama

05012506asasyoryuGRA00154G060124T.jpg

What (Bye, bye...) Is Osh standing on his knees? (Being unsure...)

The smiles all around and everyone looking at Osh suggest that he is clowning around and trying not to look taller than the Yokozuna..

Edited by Kintamayama

Guest Saya

05012506asasyoryuGRA00154G060124T.jpg

What (Applauding...) Is Osh standing on his knees? (Whistling...)

The smiles all around and everyone looking at Osh suggest that he is clowning around and trying not to look taller than the Yokozuna..

I remember waking up and seeing that on the morning news. It made me far happier than a few seconds of film ever should...

(Yusho winner...) Tochiazuma!! These sumo icons are great.

It seems that Tochiazuma has got a Thinkpad X.

I've got a Thinkpad T.

So I win.

(Applauding...)

Edited by QttP

Isn't it great to live in these times when little gadgets do the thinking? ;-)