Sign in to follow this  
Ossetian Yokozuna

Who is he?

surreal ....

i am going to have myself some LSD in order to follow this topic ...

now seriously .... i want this last post printed and framed on my wall.

There has only been one rikishi ever to grace the dohyo with such tender elegance: Salevaa Atisanoe

Looks like Chiyotaikai to me. Picture from the future after Taikai's lack of keiko and new girlfriend prompts a weight gain due to "fat from being happy" as Chiyonofuji so amicably commented couple of years ago when Taikai was dating some actress woman. Besides Taikai sure jumps around these days on the dohyo so it is only a matter of time before he goes into sumo ballet.

Something doesn't look right about the picture (Punk rocker...)

Is it manufactured?

Saw Taikai at Aoyama on Saturday. He did have a strange outfit (and strange friends) but it wasn't ballet-kei.

Something doesn't look right about the picture (Showing respect...)

Is it manufactured?

I have seen this picture before, and have always thought that something didn't look right also, to me it looks like his foot isn't even on the ground, kinda like he is just floating. It may just be me.

I have seen this picture before, and have always thought that something didn't look right also, to me it looks like his foot isn't even on the ground, kinda like he is just floating. It may just be me.

His foot is definately NOT on the ground and where is his reflection on the floor?

His foot is definately NOT on the ground and where is his reflection on the floor?

It appears that someone with a knowledge of photoshop took the image of the rikishi and inserted it into the picture.

Something doesn't look right about the picture :-(

Is it manufactured?

ROFL! This picture is from a television commercial --- I can't even remember the product. It was several years ago, and we had a thread about it then. The man is not a rikishi at all, but an actor.

My God, can you imagine if Konishiki ever got up on his toes like that? His foot would be crushed into pudding!

ROFL! This picture is from a television commercial --- I can't even remember the product. It was several years ago, and we had a thread about it then. The man is not a rikishi at all, but an actor.

It's from a 1999(?) Merit Cigarettes commercial. The slogan being "Ultra Light", I believe.