Sign in to follow this  
Phelix

Christmas wheather at you?

It is most unfair that I have to sit indoors writing a stupid tentamina about what some schmuck said about the knowledge of knowledge a hundred years ago. It actually snowed last night here in G

Edited by Phelix

Right here, it's A) loads of snow and B) a little sow some days and slush the rest of the time.

Surprise! It's the same here in Berlin (except for the sows). Although one could make a case for 25

Here in Holland both answers would be exactly like yours.

It snowed here last Friday. (In a state of confusion...) You should have seen it. The wind was raging and in just a few hours, everything was covered under a heavy white load. It was so unreal, it suddenly seemed to come out of nowhere.

My husband and I had planned to go out that night - that was his birthday present for me - and because of the weather, we decided to go by bus. But when we left, we found out that all the buses had stopped driving because of the snow storm :'-( A very early end to our romantic night out (You are going off-topic...)

Right now, most of the snow has already melted and the wind is completely gone.

Oh well..... hubby promised we will try again soon (Heart) . And at least the weather matched my mood that day :'-(

Surprise! It's the same here in Berlin (except for the sows). Although one could make a case for 25

I guess most of continental Europe "dreams of a white Christmas"... and so do people in continental Croatia (coastal Croatia only gets snow once in 10 years...)

Actual weather is most likely cloudy but dry if we're lucky, and cloudy with freezing rain (the sort that makes ground dangerously slippery) if we're unlucky. It snowed a couple of days this year already, but that snow already melted in warm spell. Now it should get colder again so we might get some more permanent snow, but that usually happens after Christmas.

The first snow brought me down on all 4s.....slippery ground (You are going off-topic...)

White or not, I hope this year will come to an end soon cause it was terrible. (illness, death in my family) So let's hope for a peaceful, healthy and happy 2006.

In San Diego, it is almost unbearable. We actually had to close our windows last night.

In San Diego, it is almost unbearable. We actually had to close our windows last night.

Oh, deary me. Careful there, you might catch a pneumonia. ;-)

Anyways, the snow here has melted due to rain. But now during the night, all this half-melted snow slush will freeeeze all over again - and thus creating a city made of ice-skating ramps. On that matter, have you noticed how people walk "the duck-walk" when it's icy? Carefull steps, ten centimeter between the feet, arms a little out from the sides. We all wag along like ducks. Occasionally someone trying to look cool, or just being in a hurry, will try to walk normally. But then, whoops, a litlle slippery today, a little Bambi on ice, and they too conform to the duck-walk.

But who cares? I am officially finished with my horrendously boring tentamina! (Showing respect...) (Clapping wildly...) (Clapping wildly...) Perhaps I ought to :-) ! Nah, I feel a bit :-S after nine hours of mangling the science of knowledge.

Here in Holland both answers would be exactly like yours.

It snowed here last Friday. (Clapping wildly...) You should have seen it. The wind was raging and in just a few hours, everything was covered under a heavy white load. It was so unreal, it suddenly seemed to come out of nowhere.

My husband and I had planned to go out that night - that was his birthday present for me - and because of the weather, we decided to go by bus. But when we left, we found out that all the buses had stopped driving because of the snow storm ;-) A very early end to our romantic night out (Showing respect...)

Right now, most of the snow has already melted and the wind is completely gone.

Oh well..... hubby promised we will try again soon (Heart) . And at least the weather matched my mood that day :-S

I really really hope that you did get your babysitter to promise to come back. It's hopeless when you plan anything in minutial detail, only to see it flop due to something out-of-your-control. (Media otitis or weather or whatever)

But cold outside makes you (Clapping wildly...) inside... (And that's the truth about the Swedish sin, really :-) )

The weather in sunny, tropical Minnesota is snowy. We might get a little more snow tonight.

Oh, and kinda chilly. Not too bad though, for this time of the year. -13C right now. (+10F)

Preferred weather for Christmas around here is lots and lots of snow, but kinda warm, like -1C or -2C or something.

Edited by Iwagakki

I'm afraid to say I'm a scrooge,I hate Christmas whatever the weather.

I work every day except Xmas day and only take that off because my customers wouldn't appreciate someone cleaning windows during xmas dinner.

Snow just stops me working.

I think bears and hedgehogs have the right idea,I'm hibernating this year. :-)

I work every day except Xmas day and only take that off because my customers wouldn't appreciate someone cleaning windows during xmas dinner.

Well that case then, Fujisan, I hope you have a nice Christmas dinner yourself, but perhaps you may consider a move to Australia...then you can work 365 (plus or minus 1) days a year and enjoy your Christmas dinner on beach :-)

Edited by Jonosuke

All of sudden it looks like Manila for me.

Mango Christmas :-( :-/

Well, the weather here in Auckland today was a high of 22 celsius, it was reasonably sunny and stayed warm into the evening. More of the same apparently for the next couple of days. This probably means that it will geta bit warmer towards Christmas, get quite humid and around Christmas it often rains or is overcast and cloudy. last year at this time the weather was absolutely terrible and some Japanese film-makers that I was guiding were shocked that it was supposed to be summer and the weather was so terrible. Being a long thin country surrounded by sea, and Auckland being an isthmus with two harbours, means that our weather can be rather changeable. Four seasons in one day we say (just like the Crowded House song).