Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Insomnia?

In case you haven't been sleeping well because you don't know how the ex-Makuuchi rikishi did this basho (or because you haven't decided if henka is Ok, or if yaocho exists), here are their results:

http://www.dichne.com/exmaku.html

Edited by Kintamayama

I've kept wanting to ask you, but somehow never got around to it. Today, when I really ought to work, seem ti be the right day, however. Is that really the great blue dragon standing beside you? If it is, I' seriously jeallous. What's your impression of the man? (And yes, this is a bit (You are going off-topic...) )

Edited by Phelix

I've kept wanting to ask you, but somehow never got around to it. Today, when I really ought to work, seem ti be the right day, however. Is that really the great blue dragon standing beside you? If it is, I' seriously jeallous. What's your impression of the man? (And yes, this is a bit (You are going off-topic...) )

Long story which everyone has heard a million times-to make it short, I saw him in keiko in 2000- he was in Makushita then. I was so blown away by him, I immediately unequivocally knew he was the next Yokozuna. I chatted with him quite a bit actually, and he seemed a totally nice, easygoing guy, clever as hell and knew Middle East politics well. I then asked him to come outside and get his picture taken with me because "You're the next Yokozuna". He laughed and had to ask Takasago (then it was still Wakamatsu) Oyakata's permission. Then we stepped out and Barbara (Babaryutaikai of SFM) took this picture. She remains quite friendly with him till this day - I have my picture and the immeasurable satisfaction that I can spot a winner..

Hmm..wasn't short after all.

Long story which everyone has heard a million times-to make it short, I saw him in keiko in 2000- he was in Makushita then. I was so blown away by him, I immediately unequivocally knew he was the next Yokozuna. I chatted with him quite a bit actually, and he seemed a totally nice, easygoing guy, clever as hell and knew Middle East politics well. I then asked him to come outside and get his picture taken with me because "You're the next Yokozuna". He laughed and had to ask Takasago (then it was still Wakamatsu) Oyakata's permission. Then we stepped out and Barbara (Babaryutaikai of SFM) took this picture. She remains quite friendly with him till this day - I have my picture and the immeasurable satisfaction that I can spot a winner..

I don't think I'd ever heard that story before, Moti. Thanks. Considering the time here

now, I think I qualify as an insomniac, so maybe that will be tonight's bedtime story for

me :)

Dale

Hmmm, pretty sure Barbara took a picture of me with Chiyotaikai, but I've never seen

it...

Is that really the great blue dragon standing beside you?

Looks like Kaiho to me. (You are going off-topic...)

Wow, this is actually really great story. I'm a little bit jealuos here.