Sign in to follow this  
Iwagakki

boredom strikes again

a couple of people here have already heard this story, but it makes me laugh, so here goes:

I applied for a job as the Editor of a fairly large local newspaper. I didn't actually think I was going to get an interview, much less a job offer. But, I reasoned, it's always good to keep the old talons sharp, just in case. Well, I sent a resume to the address listed, and pretty much forgot about it. Some weeks later, I got a letter in the mail, "Dear Todd, We have reviewed your resume and we would like to speak to you.....blah, blah, blah." I called them and set up an interview, and when the day came, I ditched work to go to it, just like you're supposed to.

I got to the interview a few minutes early, so while I waited, the clerk gave me a little packet of information. I was reading over the "Qualifications and Job Requirements" section.

"Bachelors (preferably Masters Degree) Degree in Creative Writing or Related Field"---Check

"At least 2 years of experience...."---Check

"Applicant must demonstrate strong organizational skills"---No problem

"Applicant must have a strong attention to DeRail"--- (Laughing...)

Oddly enough, I didn't get the job, even though I can derail just about anything.

Edited by Iwagakki

Maybe they wanted to test your attention to detail and see if you spotted that mistake.

(You are going off-topic...)