Sign in to follow this  
Fujisan

Hi Sumo fans,

After the great Chiyonofuji because I first got interestedin Sumo in  the late 80'S when it was shown on British tv

on Channel 4.Although

Hi Fujisan, I am interested to know a bit more about the origin of the quotation you use in your signature:

"A little piece of God brings great peace of mind."

Best Wishes,

jomojo.

Simple Jomojo,I wrote it myself,All quotes are my own unless otherwise stated.I post on a lot of religious debate boards and I have written loads of little quotes like it.

Well, I like your quote, Fujisan - it resonates with my own way of thinking. I would describe myself as a contemplative Christian.

best wishes,

jomojo

Thanks I will post some more in the future,Heres my latest.

"A hope in God opens doors but to hope in men

Well, Fujisan, I also find the bible to be a rich source of truth, particularly Jesus' words. Whenever I read them, there is always some new perspective I find, and a deeper understanding of what it is to be human in a world created by the Divine.

As well as being my Saviour, just as a bloke, Jesus is right up there as a hero of mine, with the likes of John Lennon and Gandhi.

ciao for now.

jomojo.

Please dont take this the wrong way Jomojo but I could not compare my feelings about Jesus to any other Human,Jesus was human and at the same time much more.

"When you feel at your lowest,look to God and things will always be looking up."

S'okay Jomojo-Remember if you ever want polite discussions with anyone,two topics to stay away from are politics and religion,trust me I know.

Take care anyway Jomojo.

Hi Yoavo,I havent seen that site before,I must have a look when Ive got more time,thanks.

Grimsby is about 200 miles away from london,straight up the east coast.

I once again checked out the site today.  Among many interesting articles, there's one called Hi-De-Hi Prison, containing:

Gregory (44), of Beck Farm Mews, Barnoldby-le-Beck, reveals the "Butlin's without redcoats" lifestyle inside the prison, with inmates smuggling in cameras, mobile phones and arranging secret dates with their girlfriends.

Drink and drugs were readily available in the jail, he claims, with prisoners able to put in "orders" for the luxuries they wanted.

What kind of prisons are you running over in Grimsby  (Oh my god...)  (Oh my god...)  (Oh my god...)  :-)

Well Yoavo we dont actually have any prisons in Grimsby itself but there are some low security prisons round about.

As for being compared to holiday camps-Have you ever been to Butlins? I think it tells you more of holiday camp conditions than anything.