Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Osh and Sadogatake-soon to part

A very nice picture but are you implying that Kotonowaka will be gone sooner then???

A very nice picture but are you implying that Kotonowaka will be gone sooner then???

It just looked like a very touching picture of Osh and his Oyakata before he goes. I'm pretty sure Kotonowaka will not remain active till the end of the basho. You convinced me about that one...

I'm pretty sure Kotonowaka will not remain active till the end of the basho

How will he go out then?

-fake an injury: "my knee doesn't hold"

-or just wake up and say: "I quit to become Oyakata"

With his 3-1 record so far I don't see him going intai quite yet, especially with the strong sumo he's been doing. Even if he, and the rest of the world, knows he will take over the heya, I think it would be a disgrace if he just gives up like that and goes intai (In a state of confusion...) .

Edited by Faustonowaka

How will he go out then?

-fake an injury: "my knee doesn't hold"

-or just wake up and say: "I quit to become Oyakata"

With his 3-1 record so far I don't see him going intai quite yet, especially with the strong sumo he's been doing. Even if he, and the rest of the world, knows he will take over the heya, I think it would be a disgrace if he just gives up like that and goes intai (In a state of confusion...) .

It's no disgrace. It's the way it is. Whatever we think, there is no way around it. He knows it, we know it. He will leave gracefully, perhaps after he gets his KK.

Life goes on.

"I don't know what's going to happen yet, but I want to leave the dohyo with no regrets", said Kotonowaka yesterday. His son was in attendance yesterday. "I'd like him to remember my active days", he explained, adding that that was one of the reasons he has gone on till now. ."One thing I'd like to still do? Have another match with the Yokozuna", he added. Their last match was last year on day 8 of Nagoya - ended in a tie and a torinaoshi which Asa won. Till this day Kotonowaka is certain he won. "That occurence has helped me continue till now", he said. As things stand banzuke-wise, there is no chance he will face the Yokozuna, but if he keeps piling up those wins, who knows??

Matthew and Son:

sp-051117-4.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama