Sign in to follow this  
Asashosakari

2.1.3 Feedback

Grr, annoying new (?) bug...apparently browser-dependent (happens on IE6, does not on my ancient NS7 copy), but I could swear I didn't have that problem until just now, after the 2.1.3 upgrade.

After inserting a hyperlink, the entire composed post is being highlighted automatically. If you continue to type right away, you'll overwrite (i.e. delete) everything you've written so far, and since Ctrl+Z doesn't seem to work in the composition window, the text is gone for good. Very annoying.

(Replies urging me to junk Internet Explorer will be ignored. (Exclamation...))

This deserves a new topic, so...

After inserting a hyperlink, the entire composed post is being highlighted automatically. If you continue to type right away, you'll overwrite (i.e. delete) everything you've written so far, and since Ctrl+Z doesn't seem to work in the composition window, the text is gone for good. Very annoying.

Could not replicate in Firefox 1.0.7, so looks like it is browser-specific.

Edit: It is a known IE-specific problem, also affecting add image, add email, etc.

(Replies urging me to junk Internet Explorer will be ignored. (Exclamation...))

Junk IE. :-D

Edit: Oh, and the calendar is fixed-ish.

Edited by Exil

Could not replicate in Firefox 1.0.7, so looks like it is browser-specific.

Yes, unfortunately. Screenshots attached below just to prove I'm not insane. (Exclamation...) At any rate, people using IE may want to be mindful of this, since it's very easy to lose your post this way. (Guess how I found out...)

(Replies urging me to junk Internet Explorer will be ignored. :-D)

Junk IE. :-P

Okay, I ignored that. :-P

The smilies pane is now only wide enough to show two columns at a time. Can it be widened to show all three?

The smilies pane is now only wide enough to show two columns at a time. Can it be widened to show all three?

Better now?

Better now?

(Exclamation...)

Hey I just noticed that we now have an extra entry "From" line on poster informantion on the left pane and realized that I am not in as far north as Exil (Exclamation...)

Edited by Jonosuke

I also noticed that the posting time (of everyone's posts) reflects my time zone while I am logged on. I don't think this was the case before. Is this a result of "pre-" or "post-" tweaking? Anyway I like it.

I also noticed that the posting time (of everyone's posts) reflects my time zone while I am logged on. I don't think this was the case before. Is this a result of "pre-" or "post-" tweaking? Anyway I like it.

For me, it was always like that.

Hey I just noticed that we now have an extra entry "From" line on poster informantion on the left pane and realized that I am not in as far north as Exil ;-)
Well, even I am way more north than you. And we even have a hockey team in town. Your latitude with my longitude lands somewhere in the Mediterreanean Sea which shows how far south you are...

:-D

Edited by Doitsuyama

I fumbled trying to post images; the "insert image" is not working I had to manually type the code.

The previous posting (2 postings earlier) of images were also missing without any indication. e.g small red 'X'.

Edited by bennyloh

I fumbled trying to post images; the "insert image" is not working I had to manually type the code.

The previous posting (2 postings earlier) of images were also missing without any indication. e.g small red 'X'.

I can't replicate this bug. It may have been a cache problem. Let me know if it happens again.

Grr, annoying new (?) bug...apparently browser-dependent (happens on IE6, does not on my ancient NS7 copy), but I could swear I didn't have that problem until just now, after the 2.1.3 upgrade.

(Replies urging me to junk Internet Explorer will be ignored. ;-))

This has apparently been fixed in the new 2.1.4 update, yay.

The calendar is still so full of bugs, we need an exterminator.. doesn't show recurring events on main forum page is the serious one..

Edited by Kintamayama

The calendar is till so full of bugs, we need an exterminator.. doesn't show recurring events on main forum page is the serious one..
...updates notwithstanding.

The calendar is till so full of bugs, we need an exterminator.. doesn't show recurring events on main forum page is the serious one..

The update didn't fix the calendar. (Applauding...) We will be reporting the issue to IPS.