Sign in to follow this  
iwokayama

Osh ozeki after basho

Will he become this time  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Osh ozeki after basho

• Yes
    • No

I think that Osh without any problems wil make double digit and became firs european ozeki after this basho.

He will work very hard to get his 9-6.

I think a good basho 9-6 or 10-5 but not enough for promotion. (Kimura Zatoichi...)

10 or 11 wins shouldn't be a problem for him. The real question is whether he will collapse under the pressure or not.

I think he can make it. Should be an interesting ride regardless...

I have a sneaking suspicion that he will only get nine. Then the speculation really begins...

Edited by Sasanishiki

I will go with 11 wins and he will make Ozeki.

I am just thinking of his opposition and aside from Asashoryu, Hakuho and Tochiazuma possibly, it's the other guys more likely to collapse. Although Kaio tends to manage a double digit win record on his kadoban basho, I am not sure if he can sustain himself the whole 15 days physically. Other than the yokozuna, I think there is no other rock solid enough to be the wall.

taikai and kyokutenho can upset Oshu really easy the way i see it ...

add a couple "surprise" losses he will sustain and you got his poor Kyushu record ...

Alright this will be my first post. I have been reading for a while but haven't contributed before this. I voted yes. I don't think the road ahead is that difficult?

There is the Yokazuna, he is tough.

The ozeki are just kind of hanging out, last Basho 10-5, 10-5 and a withdraw.

He won't face Mickey and probably not Wakanosato, the perennial sanyaku bride

Enough wins to be promoted, I think, but probably not an explosive performance. 10 or 11 wins, and I'm hopeful that they'll be solid, unlike some of the discussed bouts from september.

Well, what a bad start for Kotooshu!!! Now, let's see how he will react!!!! There are two solutions :

1/ The Asa way (Dohyo-iri...) ----> he will be promoted. :-)

2/ The Kaio way :-D ---> he will make 6/9 or something like this!!! (Beaten...) (Bow...)

Dito Elenrian!

Once again, the question of the mental toughness os Osh arises. It is also there the answer lies. The guy really does shape his own near future right now. With this little resistance - grab the chance Osh!

I hope AND I would like to know about the 16 forum members who thought Osh was not going to be able to get at least 10 wins if they've changed their minds OR if they felt Osh is not going to be a good Ozeki !

I hope AND I would like to know about the 16 forum members who thought Osh was not going to be able to get at least 10 wins if they've changed their minds OR if they felt Osh is not going to be a good Ozeki !

Not much point in asking now if people think that Osh made his 10 wins ... (On the banzuke...)

I hope he will be a good ozeki. But regardless of whether he is a good ozeki or not, he earned his promotion fair and square. No one can take that away from him.

well ... he surprised me to tell you the truth but i hope he will prove me wrong in the following bashos as well ...

one of the few times i wish i am wrong.