Sign in to follow this  
Kotoseiya Yuichi

New kesho-mawashi spotted

clearly a Russian Phoenix

Yes! "

@Yubi: I'd say this is not a spider on Hakuhō's keshō, but a Phoenix bird, a white one of course, just like his shikona. Watch Rohō's keshō, clearly a Russian Phoenix :-) , again like his shikona.

Ah, thanks, yes I can see that now. Nice to see some kesho-mawashi motives paired up with shikonas. "White phoenix", Russian Phoenix" and those horses of Ama's kesho. ;-)

Other than that oddly placed flag on Roho's kesho, pretty nice ones all around this time....nice to see after we've had some real dogs in the past (reference to Masutsuyoshi's kesho not intentional). Personally I like Dewanofuji's best. :-)

I wonder what "SOD" on Hakuho's kesho-mawashi means. It's not English, that's for sure. :-)

SOD is a health supplement (details from http://www.herbalremedies.com/superoxide.html follow)

"Super oxide dismutase (SOD), is one of two important metabolic enzymes. SOD protects and revitalizes cells, and reduces the rate of cell destruction. As we age SOD levels decrease, while free radical production increases. This enzyme neutralizes the most dangerous free radicals, the superoxide radicals, before they can wreak havoc on the body. Super oxide dismutase is found naturally in barley grass, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, wheatgrass, and most green plants."

The mawashi is from the Niwa SOD Research Group, whoever they might be.

I can't really guess why for example Dewanofuji gets a new kesho-picture but Daishodai and Bushuyama still don't have one, despite having a few Juryo basho behind them.

Surprise, the NSK snuck in another kesho mawashi image since the banzuke release.

20002067.jpg

About time! :-)

About time! :-D

Hm, what to say about this one ... at least it is immensely better than his picture without a kesho. :-)

Is Hakuho's some sort of spider? I kind of like it but I'm not really sure what it is...

1.jpg

↑I guess that you are talking about this one,right?

2.jpg

3.jpg

YAMAGUCHI Atsushi is the one who made this mawashi.

Yamguchi'sHP Yamaguchi'blog

I like these Mawashi which were made for Yokozuna Dohyouiri.

I belive that all of you will love his good jobs. Yamaguchi-san is a good Shokunin.

丹羽SOD研究会 is one of the best Tanimachi for Hakuho.

丹羽耕三 (in fact, his former given name is 靱負)NIWA Yukie is a head of 丹羽免疫研究所, and also 土佐清水Hospital is owned by him. He is publishing a lot of books as well.

79420824.gif?_ex=128x128

Edited by Gacktoh

Just for my curiosity.

What is a relationship between Hakuho and a medical clinic treating leukimia and cancer patients based in Kochi Prefecture (I assumed this from the title of book he wrote - "what a physician learned in his heart from the son with leukimia")?

I can understand if this is for Asashoryu and Asasekiryu as both went to Meitoku Gijuku in Kochi but Hakuho?

Anyway I have no medical knowledge but anytime there is some doctor who preaches a natural cure for cancer and other serious illness I do tend to become more skeptical. You remember about that mushrrom from Brazil?

But this may be more on Kaikitsune's area.

Edited by Jonosuke

Just for my curiosity.

What is a relationship between Hakuho and a medical clinic treating leukimia and cancer patients based in Kochi Prefecture (I assumed this from the title of book he wrote - "what a physician learned in his heart from the son with leukimia")?

I can understand if this is for Asashoryu and Asasekiryu as both went to Meitoku Gijuku in Kochi but Hakuho?

NIWA-san has never mentioned the reasons in public. That's why I feel that he is one onf the best TANIMACHI .

Interesting design. Tell me, are those two spots supposed to be the eyes or the nipples? Curious...

Interesting design. Tell me, are those two spots supposed to be the eyes or the nipples? Curious...

That depends upon if under them, it's a mawashi or teeth. If it's teeth, then under that is a tongue. If it's a mawashi, under that is a wee wee.

Edited by Kintamayama

10003489142.jpg

Futeno's (Sigh...) new Keshou Mawashi

(Punk rocker...)

Interesting design.

Futeno's blog provider and the presenter of this kesho mawashi is named "Ameba Blog" or "Ameblo" in short . . .

Edited by madorosumaru

That depends upon if under them, it's a mawashi or teeth. If it's teeth, then under that is a tongue. If it's a mawashi, under that is a wee wee.

...I don't think that they are teeth...

I like the look of the kesho-mawashi...minus the question above (Punk rocker...)

I was looking at pictures of some of the shin-juryu and noticed Mokonami had his hair up in the style of the sekitori, why? Most of the other newbees have pretty typical mug shot poses or traditional simple everyday topnots.

i guess he had all the time to grow his hair into and oicho-mage.

some of the rising stars make it to sekitorihood without leaving time to their hair to groe (see Kotooshu for example)

i guess he had all the time to grow his hair into and oicho-mage.

I don't think that's it alone. I've just looked through my collection of Kyokai images, and not all the guys who were old enough to wear a full oicho in their Juryo debut are actually wearing one in their first image. I don't think there's anything sinister going on...probably just a matter of whether they actually prepared for the photo shoot. Maybe those initial pictures are taken on short notice, I don't know.