Sign in to follow this  
QttP

Asashoryu-Aminishiki

ShoryuWTF.jpg

Kaikitsune did say in the past that Aminishiki has the potential of becoming Asashoryu's nightmare. Well, let me be the first to congratulate him on that observation.

Aminishiki has got some really memorable victories over yokozunas now! Takanohana, Musashimaru and now Asashoryu.

I doubt asashoryu will go intai because of this tho (Whistling...)

Aminishiki has got some really memorable victories over yokozunas now! Takanohana, Musashimaru and now Asashoryu.

Incidentally, if I'm not mistaken Ami's the only rikishi with kinboshi over all three of those guys.

And for another useless but curious observation, that was the 3rd consecutive kinboshi Shoryu has given up on a Day 11...

I have noticed that Aminishiki has been able to wrestle with the Yokozuna quite well he gave Shoryu a good match in their last bout as well,(albeit some time ago). I think Shoryu just thought he could simply "power out" aminishiki with his thrusting attack instead of going right for the kill like he usually does on the mawashii, unable to get a grip he ended up playing into Aminishiki's hand who then dumped him with a beautifull "sotogake", nice work!

Also did Aminishiki ever beat Musashimaru?