Sign in to follow this  
genghis

Can Hakuho upset Asashoryu in Nagoya?

Can Hakuho upset Asashoryu in Nagoya?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Can Hakuho upset Asashoryu in Nagoya?

• Yes, Hakuho will upset Asashoryu
    • No, he can not

Hakuho looks more sober this time. So, is this a sign of his revival? Please post your opinions on the poll, whether he can upset Asashoryu or not.

i can say that he COULD ... but i am not so much inclined to vote that he WILL ....

This poll will be concluded in 2,3 days. Can anyone tell me when Hakuho will meet Yokozuna?

Comparing with the previous polls, much fewer people think that he will upset Asashoryu, eventhough Hakuho is up in the banzuke. Even after the disastrious March basho, many people still kept their hope. Now we can at least conclude that the honeymoon for wonderboy is over. So, see you all in few days.

Guest Vincentoryu

I'm with aderechelsea in this one.

He's one of the few rikishi that can beat Asashoryu but if he will this basho is a completely different question.

Asashoryu the favourite by all means so I voted that he won't beat the Yokozuna.

This poll will be concluded in 2,3 days. Can anyone tell me when Hakuho will meet Yokozuna?
Normally this should be on day 12 as the opponents for the Yokozuna on the last days are in sequence of the banzuke. Days 13 to 15 would be the three stooges, er, Ozeki then.

Quite a new developments have occured. Asashoryu's upset defeat to Kotooshu was a welcome news, indicating that he is a human after all. However, Hakuho seemed to have injured his ancle, ver worrisome news regarding his entire career. Asashoryu never been injured like this. So, anyone who wants to compete with him should be free from injuries as much as Asa do. I think, Hakuho's chance of going KK is in doubt now. I can't help myself but feel so upset. (Laughing...)

Quite a new developments have occured. Asashoryu's upset defeat to Kotooshu was a welcome news, indicating that he is a human after all. However, Hakuho seemed to have injured his ancle, ver worrisome news regarding his entire career. Asashoryu never been injured like this. So, anyone who wants to compete with him should be free from injuries as much as Asa do. I think, Hakuho's chance of going KK is in doubt now. I can't help myself but feel so upset. (Laughing...)

I sure hope it is not a career-threatening injury. It would be overly pessimistic to think that.

If it's a smaller injury and he goes kyujo now but can fight in Aki basho, he should be back to sekiwake in no time, i.e. in Kyushu. I hope that makes you feel better.

I sure hope it is not a career-threatening injury. It would be overly pessimistic to think that.

If it's a smaller injury and he goes kyujo now but can fight in Aki basho, he should be back to sekiwake in no time, i.e. in Kyushu. I hope that makes you feel better.

I hope too. Considering Asashoryu's age and his condition, it is hard to think someone with an injury competing with him on a regular basis. He is pushing the limit to the edge, leaving very little room for any shortcomings for his opponents. If Hakuho hurt his ancle today, it will get hurt tomorrow again. That is a bit disturbing news to me.

I didn't think that closure of this poll would be so sudden. I am pretty upset by Hakuho's injury. Lets hope that he will recover in September. Thank you all for participating in this poll.