Sign in to follow this  
Senpai

Baruto in makushita

So, another basho another fight another day. Will this be a good basho for Bart? Well, we'll see. As I don't wanna be very boring with my adoptee I think this time we could watch him fighting for the sekitorihood with other future prospects outside Japan.

It's day 2 now and all the major future powers (at least we all think so?! I guess?!) have been once in the dohyo.

DAY 1

Jd61w

Edited by Senpai

Baruto had indeed a nice bout against Asahimaru. (Nodding yes...)

I recorded it and made a video, but can't upload on the webserver from work. Just wait ten hours or so, until I'm back home. ;-)

Baruto had indeed a nice bout against Asahimaru.  ;-)

I recorded it and made a video, but can't upload on the webserver from work. Just wait ten hours or so, until I'm back home.  (Eating...)

GREAT!!!! As I couldn't watch it from work! (Nodding yes...)

It's day 2 now and all the major future powers (at least we all think so?! I guess?!) have been once in the dohyo.
DAY 1

Ms9w

DAY 1

Ms9w

DAY 1

Ms9w

Third day started well for our prospects as Masutoo won his first, Sawai secured his position with another win and Kimurayama also is 2-0 and looking good for upper makushita. But after that Kagaya lost his second in row and Dewaotori suffered his first loss this basho. Homasho too has a bad start as he is 0-2 after day 3. Looks like after good record on last basho he has now some difficulties with high ranked opponents. This time he lost to Asahimaru who was yesterday beaten by Baruto. another surprise was when in last makushita bout were head-to-head Raiko and Shiraishi and Shiraisi lost.

DAY 3

Jd20w

Edited by Senpai

Is there any major prospect I mistakenly added or have forgotten???

Well, since you're asking...I was kind of wondering why Kurosawa is on your list.

For example in jonokuchi I don't recall any who looks like a possibility?!  (Smoking pipe...)

Takahashi was apparently a pretty good college rikishi, so he may be a prospect. We'll know more after the basho.

Is there any major prospect I mistakenly added or have forgotten???

Well, since you're asking...I was kind of wondering why Kurosawa is on your list.

For example in jonokuchi I don't recall any who looks like a possibility?!

If it did not wound there others, Baruto has to you it a chance to fight in juryo?

I think i'm not the only one who thinks that he has a chance if he fights well!

Edited by Senpai

The question is not easy to understand. Maybe nabu meant this basho already, then the answer is: That's very unlikely as Ms6w is a rank from which Juryo "invitations" are very rare.

sorry for my english ( and my google translate (Clapping wildly...) )

I (we go) will await next the basho

Edited by nabudetoulouse

Come on man!

Since I, from Bulgaria, so far away from England could learn English, you can do it too! After all, didn't English heavily borrow from French?

What about a 7-0?

Doitsuyama meant a call-up for a bout against a Juryo rikishi, not a promotion. If he finishes 7-0, he's obviously going to be promoted for next basho.

One of the waited bouts tomorrow concerning lower divisions.

Ms7w   Kakuryu (1-0)                      Ms6w   Baruto (1-0)

Anyone dare to predict? As I don't know more about Kakuryu than he made 4-3 record last basho.

(Clapping wildly...)

Come on man!

Since I, from Bulgaria, so far away from England could learn English, you can do it too! After all, didn't English heavily borrow from French?

maybe you don't know the French. I do. (I'm from Belgium)

I will not start a flamewar, but the French are REALLY bad at learning english. even amonst programmers and engineers I have met, there are few who are any good at it.

the French government even has a department that is in charge of keeping the language 'pure'. they have to invent words for all new things that are invented.

this is the department that came up with the idea of people having to say 'bon fin de la semaine' when it became trendy to say 'bon weekend'.

Belgium made 'googling' an official verb in the dictionary. ik google, jij googlet, hij googlet,... In France you would get burned at the stake for suggesting this.

As far as i am aware, English and French do not share the same history. French derived from Latin, english didn't (but i am not completely sure of that).

One of the waited bouts tomorrow concerning lower divisions.

Ms7w   Kakuryu (1-0)                      Ms6w   Baruto (1-0)

Anyone dare to predict? As I don't know more about Kakuryu than he made 4-3 record last basho.

(Clapping wildly...)

Well, Kakuryu is 9 months younger than Baruto, but his Hatsu-dohyo was already back in Kyushu 2001. He is a foreigner as well, from Mongolia. He must have fond memories of Nagoya as he won the Sandanme yusho last year. The following basho at Ms14w was too tough for him, a 1-6. But he recovered well with 4-3, 4-3, 5-2 and 4-3 at his highest rank Ms12w. I think a 4-3 this basho would be a result which would make him very happy already, so his expectations are lower than Baruto's and he is the underdog tomorrow.

1 / I am south of France (Toulouse) and it is easier to learn Spanish (latin language). But I had whom my English at the school has to better work.(Clapping wildly...)

2 / Kakuryu is a light fighter (106 kg,185 cm)et without too much experiment (86-62), he will be difficult for him to beat Baruto(197 cm,145 kg, 37-6)

Underdogs should never be underestimated! But thanks for Doitsuyama .. together we are now at least together thinking about 2-0 for Bart tomorrow. Height and weight should be on his side .. won't know how is the situation with quikness and thinking between them tough.

the French are REALLY bad at learning english.

As far as i am aware, English and French do not share the same history. French derived from Latin, english didn't (but i am not completely sure of that).

In fact the English are notoriously bad at learning any other language. Most English people think that you can travel anywhere in the world and speak English. As long as you talk LOUDLY ENOUGH, you should be understood :-S Apologies to my fellow English members of the forum. (Blushing...)

Also English is very much derived from Latin, not to mention several other languages, since we have been conquered several times in our history.

Ho-hum... (Blushing...)

Kakuryu is actually the featured up-and-coming Makushita rikishi in this month's sumo magazine. You can see an abbreviated online version of this here in the NSK Japanese site.

Kakuryu

It actually shows him a bit heavier at 120 kg.

His specialties are migi-yotsu and shitagenage.