Sign in to follow this  
tominishiki

Who will win the NBA championship?

Who will win the NBA championship??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NBA championship??

• San Antonio Spurs
    • Phoneix Suns
    • Miami Heat
    • Detroit Pistons

I missed the usual 'no idea / don't care' choice that most polls have, and so opted for the 'Spurs', because they sound like a team I know. I now feel very guilty having done this, and will hang my head in shame.... (Hanged myself...)

I missed the usual 'no idea / don't care' choice that most polls have, and so opted for the 'Spurs', because they sound like a team I know.  I now feel very guilty having done this, and will hang my head in shame....  (Hanged myself...)

You must have been thinking of Tottenham. Which is Steve Nash's favorite soccer team by the way. Now don't ask who Steve Nash is. :-P

Britney Spears

no way...you got it wrong

BB <> bouncing balls

BB = basketball

:-P

Edited by Gernobono

Despite the fact that my Pistons completely choked on Sunday, I am still hopeful that maybe... possibly... they can win the series. It all depends on tonight, really. C'mon, guys! Don't make me have to find another avatar! I love my Ben Wallace... (Bye, bye...)

But probably the more realistic answer is that the Heat will win. (Depressed...)

Edited to add that my avatar was Ben Wallace before my host machine died. Not a good omen...

Edited by Yaezakura

My vote is for Miami. Go Shaq!!! Of course San Antonio can win it and I will be happy. (Bye, bye...)

Things are looking grim for Detroit, but maybe if I cross my fingers and my toes and wish really hard, the Pistons can pull out a win in 7...

And as long as I'm dreaming, I'd also like ten million dollars. (Laughing...)

Of course, as I type this, the Pistons are up in game 6 by 24 points. (Blinking...)

There is no stopping Ben Wallace.

Got that right! :-( Man, if only the Pistons can play five more games like they did last night.

There is no stopping Ben Wallace.

obviously right...

SHAQ is out.....GREAT, methinks (Holiday feeling...)

but i cannot see a way past the spurs for the pistons....

Tony Parker is the best!!! Go San Antonio Spurs! (Holiday feeling...)

My only disappointment is that NZer Sean Marks did not make the Suns' playoff roster after playing the end of the season and covering for injuries to Duncan and Nesterovic. This was mainly due to those two plaers coming back and the acquisition of glenn Robinson. Still, hopefully they will see his value as a role player and keep him signed for next year and beyond.

I say Detroit wins.

I liked the way they won last year and they have all the same elements.

The Spurs are great but they're not what they used to be.

If only the Suns used their bench and had a bit more experience, they'd've made it through and challenged the Pistons.

It'll be a close series but I think the Pistons have more evenly spread contributions. If McDyess is badly hurt it'll hurt them.

If R.Wallace gets too hot under the collar, it'll hurt them.

I like the way both teams play and probably the Piston's fans are less deserving but somehow I still favor the Pistons. They ought to be healthier - I think most of the main Spurs missed lots of games due to injury this season. I actually thought that would slow them enough to keep them from the finals but clearly not.

Popovich and Brown are two of the best and this should be an outstanding series to watch (if you don't mind more of a chess match than an all-star showcase-a-rama)

I really hope LB doesn't bolt for the exec job in CLE. It's a shame when someone leaves a winning situation where they could win more. Leaving when the magic is fading is better IMO.

Itachi

I think it is going to be a great series. It is obvious who I hope will win; I can't really analyze in an unbiased manner. So all I can say is, GO PISTONS!!! (Ranting...)

And San Antonio won vs Detroit yesterday : 84/69!!! (Ranting...) :-P :-D

Tony Parker is the best!!! Go San Antonio Spurs! (Ranting...)

From ESPN, page 3:

Tony Parker and Eva Longoria

From the files of the bizarre, see if you can grasp this one. Supposedly clean-cut Frenchman Tony Parker, the dynamo point guard for the San Antonio Spurs, ditches his longtime girlfriend for a shot at the sultry Eva Longoria. If you're one of the seven people not watching ABC's "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday nights, she can be found dressed scantily clad in all of the lad mags. The girl is the definition of hot. I recall, back in my soap opera-watching days, seeing her on "Young and the Restless" and salivating.

longoria_globes.jpg

Tony Parker and Eva Longoria

From the files of the bizarre, see if you can grasp this one. Supposedly clean-cut Frenchman Tony Parker, the dynamo point guard for the San Antonio Spurs, ditches his longtime girlfriend for a shot at the sultry Eva Longoria. If you're one of the seven people not watching ABC's "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday nights, she can be found dressed scantily clad in all of the lad mags. The girl is the definition of hot. I recall, back in my soap opera-watching days, seeing her on "Young and the Restless" and salivating.

Tony Parker was listed in 2003 as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world (read: in the US) by People magazine (cf. e.g. here). Seems that lately he's been trying to capitalize on these other talents of his too...

so she's eye candy? anything between the ears?

I've seen a few of her interviews and she appears to be quite intelligent, which makes her a rarity in Hollywood: Beauty and brains. :-P

Edited by Zentoryu

Eva Longoria sure is a beautiful woman, isn't it! :-P

The second match took place yesterday !

San Antonio Spurs : 97

Detroit Pistons : 76

(Blinking...) ;-) (Clapping wildly...) Go san Antonio!

That was painful to watch... (Blinking...)

San Antonio looks AMAZING. Wow.