Sign in to follow this  
Faustonowaka

One Last Match

Just saw on www.wwe.com that the Hulkster accepted an invitation from Shawn Michaels to compete with him in a tag team match, next Sundays at Backlash.

Despite being recently enshrined in the Hall Of Fame, Hogan wants to wrestle one last time "for the Heart Break Kid, for the Nation and for the millions of Hulkamaniacs" (Whistling...)

I wonder who else had The Hulkster as an idol in the 80's and 90's, like me!! :-D

i was a Warrior fan and maybe Mr Perfect's too ....

There is no such thing as a "last match" in pro wrestling.

Hogan has had at least half a dozen "Last Matches" since 1992, so I doubt we've seen the last of him. As long as he can still walk there's a good chance he'll come back for more "Last Matches".

I liked Randy Savage...Ohh yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh 

You forgot this... (Punk rocker...)

Edited by Zuikakuyama

Hogan has had at least half a dozen "Last Matches" since 1992, so I doubt we've seen the last of him. As long as he can still walk there's a good chance he'll come back for more "Last Matches".

At least he's down to tag team matches now, instead of marquee matchups at Wrestlemania. (Punk rocker...) (Of course, WM18 falls into my near 4-year period of total abstinence from pro-wrestling, so I didn't actually see that match. Curses to Akebono for getting me interested again shortly after this year's Royal Rumble...)

Anyway, it'll be pretty entertaining on Sunday, I suppose...the audiences at RAW have seemed amazingly fired up for the Hulkster's return.

I wonder who else had The Hulkster as an idol in the 80's and 90's, like me!! (Sigh...)

Dont want to say too much about Hulksters 'last match' but put it this way I have Hulk Hogan down as my idol in the 80's,90's,2000's,2010's and probably 2020's aswell. (Punk rocker...) :-D

I wonder who else had The Hulkster as an idol in the 80's and 90's, like me!! ;-)

I did. that was in my years as a pimply-faced teenager when I still believed that the matches were not completely fixed in advance.

I liked the Ultimate Warrior and the Legion of Doom too.

Nowadays i can't help but feel sorry for all those grown up americans who pay lots of money for tickets to an event that cannot even remotely be called a fight ;-) :-P (Punk rocker...).

on top of that they seem to take it very seriously too...

I will choose sumo or mma over pro wrestling every day

Nowadays i can't help but feel sorry for all those grown up americans who pay lots of money for tickets to an event that cannot even remotely be called a fight  ;-)  :-P  (Punk rocker...).

on top of that they seem to take it very seriously too...

Nah, all but the most drunk and/or stupid fans know it is more entertainment than fight. That's why it is called 'World Wrestling Entertainment', and they call the industry 'sports entertainment'. Fans can go and watch people beat the crap out of each other and know that nobody is REALLY getting hurt. (Hitting with chair...)

And I was always partial to Rowdy Roddy Piper... And Kevin Nash ;-)

Well, Hogan and Michaels won.

I wonder if Hogan will continue on WWE afther this, if you ask me he will!!

post-358-1115029479_thumb.jpg

Wow! (Shaking head...)

He's still in pretty good shape for a 115 year old.

Well, Hogan and Michaels won.

I wonder if Hogan will continue on WWE afther this, if you ask me he will!!

Well there is talk of a Hogan vs. Michaels fued culminating in a match between the two at next year's Wrestlemania, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Post-match comments from Hulk Hogan

May 1, 2005

WWE.com: How did it feel to get back into the ring tonight?

Hulk Hogan: To get back in the ring and see the posters and the whole building wearing red and yellow just blew my mind. And of course, there was the reception of the Hulkamaniacs. That was overwhelming. The fans were just unbelievable, man.

WWE.com: How was it to work with Shawn Michaels as your tag team partner?

Hulk Hogan: Shawn Michaels is a tremendous athlete and working with him was worth the price of admission alone for me. When Shawn and I realized we were on the same page, we just sucked it all in. More important than winning the match was realizing that Shawn Michaels had my back and he really is my friend. That was the main thing tonight that really blew me away.

WWE.com: Prior to the match, Muhammad Hassan and Daivari said that Hulkamania was going to die. Tonight, you and HBK proved them wrong.

Hulk Hogan: Brother, they were dead wrong about that. Did they hear the Hulkamaniacs after the match? I

post-358-1115142406.jpg