Sign in to follow this  
Hakuyobaku

Shikona question

Hello, I just wanted to adopt a shikona ( I thought it's about time ) So i thought about it and came up with idea of White Sun of Desert (a name of one movie to be honest) but it works for shikona as well or so i thought.

But then, I looked through shikonas and none of those kanji (components) that i wanted to use (desert , sun) were used as a shikona (in higher divisions, at least)

Can anyone enlighten me and tell me what are those kanji and romaji too?

White = haku I guess (First prize...) (First prize...)

I also have a suspicion that they don't really use the sun kanji dues to religious reasons. Is that true

Thanks in advance..

edit: I made some research into japanese online dictionaries - didnt find a lot there.. they said that sabaku is desert .. is that the right word to use?

Edited by Svanidze

White Sun of Desert

White - haku, or shiro

Sun - Ohinode had it in his shikona, hi or nichi is kanji for sun/day. Sun is also "taiyou", where "you" kanji is yang from yin-yang polarity.

Desert - no idea right now.

Yes, you were right about desert being sabaku...

砂漠 = Sabaku = desert

漠 by itself is desert, read as baku, the first kanji in sabaku means sand

I found 3 sun kanji, rising/morning sun (used in sumo as Kyoku), setting sun, and just normal sun which has a lot of readings.

Here's a detailed rundown...

White: 白 - haku, byaku, shiro, aki, ka, ha(small tsu)

Sun: 日 - nichi, jitsu, hi, a, aki, iro, ku, kusa, kou, su, tachi, ni, ni(small tsu), nitsu, he

Rising/morning sun: 旭 - kyoku, asahi, akira, aki, teru, hi

Desert only has baku. Do it like a jigsaw and see what comes out and see if one takes your fancy. (Sigh...)

I just wanted to adopt a shikona ( I thought it's about time ) So i thought about it and came up with idea of White Sun of Desert

Since "Sun" is 太陽 as well, how about 白陽漠 - pronouncing it Haku-Yo-Baku. I love the shikona.

Thanks, everyone.

I'll go with Jonosuke's suggestion since I don't speak japanese myself and am really scared to pick the wrong feeling of those kanji pronunciaton that would not really sound nice, in japanese.

mr. Jonosuke knows it all.

Many thanks. now I'm going to Exil .. (Pulling hair...) (Shaking head...) (Releasing bad air...)

Well, I also would like to transfer my pseudonym into kanji.

Lucius means "light" in Latin (lux).

I didn't find the meaning for Flavonius. Maybe Jonosuke is learned in Latin and can excavate the true meaning.

If not, please, work on Flavius (yellow, golden).

Thank you.

Lucius means "light" in Latin (lux).

I didn't find the meaning for Flavonius. Maybe Jonosuke is learned in Latin and can excavate the true meaning.

If not, please, work on Flavius (yellow, golden).

You know fluctus is wave which is 波 (Nami) so perhaps to fit a Japanese shikona you can change your name (You are going off-topic...) but then this isn't an exercise in Latin shikona so I go along with your suggestion.

First I'd like to use 晃(kou) as in 剣晃 (Kenkou) for light rather than 光(hikari) as in 琴光喜 (Kotomitsuki).

In Japanese, gold is 金(Kin) or 黄金 (Ougon). Funny thing is that the first kanji of Ougon is "yellow" but let's stick to kin.

So what we have is 金晃 (Kin-Kou), "golden shining light". A pretty cool shikona.

I also think that "白陽漠" is beautiful Shikona.

It is the situation it is endless and vast and quiet which the character "漠" means.

The image of your Shikona shines white and is an endless sight.

Therefore, I am reminded of Heaven from this Shikona.

I can imagine immediately the sight in which "金晃" shines by golden color.

Supposing I apply a Kanji to Rushasu by reading, I will think of a "龍砂州"

If it is read automatically, it will be "Ryusasu", but it is not unnatural to make it read with "Ru-shasu."

I have the following images in a "龍砂州"

The sands made according to the current are extended for a long time, and reach even the long distance opposite shore.

And it became the form of a dragon. (Sign of approval)

Edited by Susanoo

oh.. i want a shikona too

Well, you must tell which aspects the shikona should cover. I don't know that much from you, but how about Koiyamai 恋病?...

oh.. i want a shikona too

Do you limit Kanji of the beginning of Shikona to a "朝"?

LOVE does not have how to express in writing in addition to "愛".

Therefore, your Shikona will be 朝乃愛 even if who thinks.

You had already made Shikona from yourself.

If you wanted the other Shikona and searched for the opinion, I introduce another thing.

My advice is making the portion of "愛" into "愛染."

Shikona becomes "朝愛染." [Asa-aizen]

愛染 considers 愛染明王(Aizen-Myoo) as the origin.

Aizen-Myoo is God of the Buddhism which manages love.

In the following, you can check the figure.

http://www.sakai.zaq.ne.jp/piicats/aizennZ.htm

If you do not adhere to Asa-, I want to recommend you "愛染王" [AizenO] more strongly.