Sign in to follow this  
Faustonowaka

KaioU's destiny

What will KaioU do if he doesn't get promoted?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What will KaioU do if he doesn't get promoted?

• Try again the next few basho
    • Retire
    • Sit down and cry
    • Go nuts and kill Asashoryu in order to become yokozuna anyway
    • Other

I have a hunch he will be retiring. He looks old and tired. I would be very surprised if he finds it in himself to pick up the pieces and start from scratch.

Unless he wins his next 11.

Edited by Kintamayama

retire, (Sign of approval) leave Tomozuna, move about 500m east and work for JT - can cough all day there! :-D

Assuming the question is about what he will actually do, I'm not going to answer, because I have no idea. I don't think he will retire, but there is a great risk that he will. It would not surprise me if any decision, whatever it would be, involves sitting down and crying, but I'm quite certain we will never know whether that happened or not (unless he retires and cries during the retirement announcement, which I suppose could be possible although not directly likely).

Personally though (which I assume this poll is NOT about) I don't want him to retire unless his injuries makes it impossible for him to continue.

Edited by Yubiquitoyama

Voted that Kaio will kill Asashyoryu just for the joke of it. Otherwise, I believe that in other, Kaio will retire only after he loses his ozeki rank. You might wanna make this a voting option as well.

looking at his expresion after winning Tamanoshima i guess he is TOO tired and thins "why the hell am i still doing this?" ...

he definately didn't look like he enjoyed his win. (not that it was an impressive one or anything)