Sign in to follow this  
Faustonowaka

Uchidate 1 - Asashoryu 0

As the commentators said...

"Kyou wa hidari te..."

Back to the left hand. Looks like it's 1-1...

Edited by Zeokage

Now that's a real slap in the face of the officials, saying "look, I care more about the imperial family than about You!" I guess Ms.Uchidate is boiling already.

Edited by Jakusotsu

Now that's a real slap in the face of the officials, saying "look, I care more about the imperial family than about You!" I guess Ms.Uchidate is boiling already.

When asked about it after the match, he said, " Oops.. I forgot..".

I was curious what Asashoryu was going to do on the 2nd day so I watched the presentation of kensho carefully. It did appear that, as he raised his left hand, he hesitated for a brief moment as though he realized he had goofed. However, it was too late to change hands so he kept going.

According to Sports Hochi, he explained later, "Hey, I forgot. I was caught up in the flow of the moment." His position was that the outcome of the match is more important so people should be understanding.

Even Ms. Uchidate, the intrepid protector of proper form, was ambivalent about the incident. "If he pulls a "nu-ke nu-ke" (Sumo terminology for alternating wins and losses. In this case, alternating left hand with right.), I am not going to forgive him," she said with a laugh. It was hard to tell whether she was truly amused.

Maybe the start of a new sumogame?

"GTKH"- Guess The Kensho Hand :-P

As I already saw someone say in SumoForum Chat... It wouldn't work well as everyone would have 14-1.