Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mattjila

Sumoforum RSS Feeds?

13 posts in this topic

As the subject says, I'm wondering if the forum has RSS feeds set up? I've seen some IPB setups with them. An example is Lockergnome which seems to have some. (That said, I can't seem to find a howto on setting up IPB RSS so it might be a super-pricey IPB option or something.)

All I'm really looking for is feeds that are like New Topic Announcements subscriptions for each forum/subforum. I don't need/want entire threads in the feed, but it'd be nice to fire up Bloglines and see if any new topics had been created for those times I'm without a mail client.

Sorry for the bother if this has been previously discussed. I tried various searches and only came up with Kintamayama's topic which started my whole wondering.

IPB has built-in RSS support, but a few bugs in the system render it completely unusable. (Whistling...)

There's this, though.

IPB has built-in RSS support, but a few bugs in the system render it completely unusable. (Whistling...)

There's this, though.

Can't be "totally" unusable since it's being done at the 'Gnome. That said, they're still using the older software aren't they? Could be the new version is less user friendly. Also, Lockergnome has access to LOTS of help that might be unavailable to Exil et al

Can't be "totally" unusable since it's being done at the 'Gnome.  That said, they're still using the older software aren't they?  Could be the new version is less user friendly.  Also, Lockergnome has access to LOTS of help that might be unavailable to Exil et al

They seem to be using a custom script thingie of some sort. And yes, Invision rewrote a lot of things for the 2.0, and some of them still have a few issues. We'll keep an eye out for updates, though.

We'll keep an eye out for updates, though.

anything new on the RSS-feeds?

i consider them rather useful....

(Now remind me, was I or was I not a moderator on a forum once? (Nodding yes...))

anything new on the RSS-feeds?

i consider them rather useful....

No news. The RSS module will be rewritten for 2.1, so RSS feeds should work once we update the script.

And no, no release date yet.

I had some free time so I decided to look into the database errors in the RSS module. After some pondering I managed to fix the glitches. :-D So, without further ado...

Sumoforum RSS Feeds

(What the heck is an RSS feed?)

We now offer customizable RSS/XML feeds from the forums. Here's an example RSS feed, which includes a few subforums (Essential Messages, Ozumo Discussions, Honbasho Talk, Sumo Games and Off-topic). You can change the feed properties by editing the feed URL. Editable properties are forum selection (attribute f, e.g. f=1,3,4,5,17), number of items (attribute show, e.g. show=15) and feed type (type attribute, e.g. type=xml).

Here are the URLs for XML and RSS feeds:

Have fun! (Clapping wildly...)

I had some free time so I decided to look into the database errors in the RSS module. After some pondering I managed to fix the glitches. (Clapping wildly...) So, without further ado...

Oh, excellent!! EXCELLENT!!! Sourou!!

Thanks Exil!!

Oh, excellent!! EXCELLENT!!! Sourou!!

Thanks Exil!!

You are most welcome. (Clapping wildly...)

zorro-th.jpg

I'll add my thanks. With this and Google, I'm starting to fill up my Sumo folder on Bloglines.

I'll add my thanks.
Edited by Gernobono

Here's a table that might come in handy:

Subforum ID
Essential Messages 1
Informative Messages 2
Ozumo Discussions 3
Honbasho Talk 4
Sumo Information 20
Featured Rikishi & Heya 21
Amasumo Discussions 5
Polls 9
Sumo Games 13
SumoForum Ichimon 18
Japan-Japanese Discussions 17
Hungarian Sumo Discussions 16
Member Introductions 15
Off-topic 8
Public Feedback 14
Test Forum 11
Edited by Exil

Indeed the table does help. I was going to spend part of my morning discovering forum ids, but now it's easier. Thanks!