Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Dejima engaged

Makuuchi lead Dejima (30) has announced his engagement to a 28 year old language graduate today. His future wife studied English at the Queensland University in Australia and graduated. The wedding will be held after natsu-basho next year. They have been going out since 1999. Her name seems to be Mari. (真理) It was apparently love at first sight back then. "I'm going through some rough times at the moment with my career, but good times or bad, we will face them together", said Dejima.

He was injured in Kyushu, and missed the winter jungyo. He intends to enter Hatsu. He aims to return to Ozeki next year.

04120901dejimaNK151C08.jpg

20041209oth001.jpg

sp-041209-2.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

A return to Ozeki! LOL! (This guys almost as much of an "Injury waiting to happen" as Tochiazuma) hopefully no one "tsuri-otoshi's" him at the wedding lol! -

Dejima is my favourite rikishi, but even without any further injuries its going to be very difficult to return to ozeki after he gets dropped down the banzuke for his 0-3-12 record in the last basho. :(

Congratulations to Dejima, who is now in the same boat as myself when it comes to marital status (Clapping wildly...)

Return to ozeki? Doubtful. Lifetime of happiness and joy? More likely!

Return to ozeki?  Doubtful.  Lifetime of happiness and joy?  More likely!

Perhaps we could even get her to join us here (In a state of confusion...)

Wouldn't it be great to have a rikishi's wife around here? I wonder if she was an English major at Queensland or just taken ESL courses but that doens't matter.

But there was a jinx for a basho after getting married...the latest being our Dorj but wait a minute that was after the wedding as he got married more or less a year ago and proceeded to win five yushos since (Sign of approval)

So Dejima could sill become an ozeki after all (Clapping wildly...)

Dejima is my favourite rikishi, but even without any further injuries its going to be very difficult to return to ozeki after he gets dropped down the banzuke for his 0-3-12 record in the last basho.  :(

It will only take one good basho to get back. The real challenge starts once he is back to sanyaku, I'd say.

Wouldn't it be great to have a rikishi's wife around here?
Edited by Jonosuke

I don't remember what Dejima specialized at Chuo University other than sumo.

Law was his major in college/university. I am not entirely sure about the terminology of "college-university" in Japan so not 100% sure if that Chuo uni is the place he majored in law but he majored in law in college and said he liked it and gave him perspective to life.

But honestly folks, maybe this is what Dejima needs to get the fire started. After all, he is not a bad rikishi, quite the contrary.

Remember Kaio! After his marriage he baffled a lot of people and became ozeki. So, why shouldn't Dejima benefit from his new family status (Welcome...)

btw: Congratulation to Dejima and his bride (In a state of confusion...)

Congrats for Dejima, hope he gets all that he wants

My feelings exactly. I also hope the marriage lasts forever.