Sign in to follow this  
Otokonoyama

Araiguma_Rascal

OK, thanks for the welcome. :-)

I'm 34, US national, former jet mechanic with the Navy, now living in Yokohama with Japanese wife and kids. I work in the translation business. I'm also a big baseball fan, but I've been getting interested in Sumo recently.

I have been watching enough to have some basic knowledge, although I have many questions and was looking for a place to discuss it when I found this forum. I was really happy to find it. I'm also a member of various other forums like this, under different handles.

Is anyone here actually a rikishi in sumo?

I look forward to many discussions in the future.

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.

(Welcome...) I believe their are some members of the forum who do sumo training and also competition but I don't know of any that are actually on the Banzuke... It would sure be nice if I were wrong (Sigh...) :-)

Hello and welcome to the forum. (Welcome...)

Since you're somewhat new to sumo, perhaps you would like to read the sumo FAQ. Although it's a bit out of date, it's still a good read. Also, when dealing with sumo terminology, our glossary might be of use.

Is anyone here actually a rikishi in sumo?

A few amateur sumotori frequent the forum, and we've had a few former rikishi, but to our knowledge no active rikishi have joined. It's just a matter of time, of course. :-)

Enjoy your stay. (Sigh...)

(Welcome...) I believe their are some members of the forum who do sumo training and also competition but I don't know of any that are actually on the Banzuke... It would sure be nice if I were wrong (Sigh...) :-)

Our Kagamifuji was actually on the banzuke for a few tournaments in Jonokuchi.

Oh cool! I hope I get to meet him. Is that actually you in the picture? (First prize...)

Thanks everyone for the info! :-D

Is that actually you in the picture? (First prize...)

dont be a rascal, rascal! thats not zentoryu in the picture, hes a bloke who likes to use hot birds for his avatars :-D

Welcome to the forum and "chuck your salt in" (had to get that in and say it before "fujisan did (Bleh!) its his trademark welcome comment - he will lost for words now)

Yoroshiku

dont be a rascal, rascal! thats not zentoryu in the picture, hes a bloke who likes to use hot birds for his avatars (First prize...)

Then this should be the next avatar, no?

eagleNflames2.jpg

Oh cool! I hope I get to meet him. Is that actually you in the picture? (In love...)

Thanks everyone for the info! :-D

Nope, that definetly isn't me... (In a state of confusion...)

Welcome aboard Rascal and chuck Sekiryu in will you for pinching my line.

"Welcome to the madhouse." (Hugging...)