Sign in to follow this  
Mark Buckton

Ossetian - welcome

welcome Ossetian Yokozuna. (Clapping wildly...)

Feel free to give yourself a bit of an intro herein. (Punk rocker...)

ANR

( Sorry, my English is too far from perfection. I hope you will understend me. )

HI to ALL.

Adachinoryu - thanks for your attention to my person.

Why am I here?

1. It is interesting for me recognize another cultures.

2. Roho and Hakurozan are from Ossetia. Ossetians are my native people.

3. I like sport.

Why am I so sure that Roho will be next year Yokozuna?

1. There are more then twenty Olimpic Games Winners among ossetians, mainly in Free Stile Wrestling, Greco-Roman Wrestling, Judo, Weightlifting.

In last Olimpic Games we have 4 gold winnes: Free Stile Wrestling ( 66 kg, 100 kg, 120+ kg ), Greco-Roman Wrestling ( 120+ kg ). Two silver in Free Stile Wrestling, and in Judo ( 120+ kg ). One bronze in Weightlifting.

Most Arm-Wrestling chempions are from Ossetia now. There are many strong and powerfull people in Ossetia.

( All of this are remarkably if you take the fact into consideration that the number of ossetian people are only 600 000. )

With respect to you and yours favourite rikishi -

Ossetian Yokozuna.

( Sorry, my English is too far from perfection. I hope you will understend me. )

HI to ALL.

Adachinoryu - thanks for your attention to my person.

Why am I here?

1. It is interesting for me recognize another cultures.

2. Roho and Hakurozan are from Ossetia. Ossetians are my native people.

3. I like sport.

Why am I so sure that Roho will be next year Yokozuna?

1. There are more then twenty Olimpic Games Winners among ossetians, mainly in Free Stile Wrestling, Greco-Roman Wrestling, Judo, Weightlifting.

In last Olimpic Games we have 4 gold winnes: Free Stile Wrestling ( 66 kg, 100 kg, 120+ kg ), Greco-Roman Wrestling ( 120+ kg ). Two silver in Free Stile Wrestling, and in Judo ( 120+ kg ). One bronze in Weightlifting.

Most Arm-Wrestling chempions are from Ossetia now. There are many strong and powerfull people in Ossetia.

( All of this are remarkably if you take the fact into consideration that the number of ossetian people are only 600 000. )

With respect to you and yours favourite rikishi -

Ossetian Yokozuna.

Your English is just fine and dandy! Welcome to you! ;-)

In last Olimpic Games we have 4 gold winnes: Free Stile Wrestling ( 66 kg, 100 kg, 120+ kg ), Greco-Roman Wrestling ( 120+ kg ). Two silver in Free Stile Wrestling, and in Judo ( 120+ kg ).

Actually Roho mentioned he trained wtih at least two of these wrestlers. Do you know if there are any other wrestlers who may be joining Ozumo soon from Ossetia?

Do you make a distinction that you are from North Ossetia-Alania or you just say Ossetia? I am asking because if I recall that was the place name originally listed where they(Roho and Hakurozan) were from.

Edited by Jonosuke

Whitney - I am acknowledge to you for such high estimation of my english knowlige, but it is pity it takes me too much time to right in english ( I have never had practice in english, for this reason fogot grammar and many words. )

My best wishis.

To Jonosuke.

Actually Roho mentioned he trained wtih at least two of these wrestlers.

More probably Roho trained with David Tsallagov, Alan Karaev, Iouri Mildzikhov ( all are ossetians ). See - http://www.sumo.boom.ru/eng/sumotori_m.html

Do you know if there are any other wrestlers who may be joining Ozumo soon from Ossetia?

I have no any information. But I have idea to fined several perspective ossetians who will be successful in Ozumo. I know that there are at about 8 Heya With No Foreigners. May be one or more of these Heya would like to accept foreign rikishi with great potential. Is anybody has an idea how can I realize it? I will be fankful for your advice.

Do you make a distinction that you are from North Ossetia-Alania or you just say Ossetia? I am asking because if I recall that was the place name originally listed where they(Roho and Hakurozan) were from.

There are two Ossetia. One is North Ossetia-Alania with the city Vladikavkaz, anothe is South-Ossetia Republic with the city Tshinval. The people are the same. Bouth Ossetias are in the Caucasus, between Kaspian and Black sea.

Please do not hesitate if anybody would like right me some anything special - expert33@yandex.ru

Sincerely yours -

Ossetian Yokozuna.

Edited by Ossetian Yokozuna

Welcome aboard Ossetian- (In a state of confusion...)

Chuck your salt in and join the fray and dont worry about your English because we understand you fine.

(In a state of confusion...)

And don't worry for your English, mine is certainly worst than yours!!! :-/

Ps. I think writing and discuss in English here is a good way to improve your level (and mine!!)

Edited by Elenrian

Jonosuke - today I have received some information from Hakurozan ( I am connecting with him through chat sometime ).

One Ossetian is going to take part in Ozumo in the vary near future.

Hi is sixteen, 195 cm, 140 kg, very powerful and with some initial skill in Free Wrestling.

As I have understand some of Japan people are thinking that Foreigners are too bad for popularity of Sumo among Japanes. And you?

Jonosuke - today I have received some information from Hakurozan ( I am connecting with him through chat sometime ).

One Ossetian is going to take part in Ozumo in the vary near future.

Hi is sixteen, 195 cm, 140 kg, very powerful and with some initial skill in Free Wrestling.

Well thank you for sharing the great information (Enjoying a beer...)

It's really nice to have someone here who is actually chatting with Hakurozan. Do you happen to know if there is anything physically wrong with him as he was not exactly successful this basho? Is he saying anything about this basho?

Perhpas this new kid may be the one we saw in the back of Hanamichi this basho - the guy that ShiroiKuma was talking about here a while ago.

I guess Hakurozan is not sure yet about which heya he is joining (does he happen to know his name? I ask this question as I always have a problem figuring out the proper spelling of non-Japanese names from Japanese newspapers - but then again as everyone here knows I have problems coming up with Japaense names too (Dribbling...)

As I have understand some of Japan people are thinking that Foreigners are too bad for popularity of Sumo among Japanes. And you?

You know people need a scapegoat...so some people get into their xenophobic mode. Yeah they mention that they don't have strong Japanese rikishis competing, people are not watching sumo on TV or coming to see watch sumo in person.

There are more competiton for Ozumo like J-League and various other sporting events as well as for more entertainment choices. But whenever there is a dominant Yokozuna and very weak competition, the fans' interest wanes. One thing people forget is that when Yokozuna Taiho was at his prime, there were still empty seats in Masu sections too.

I really believe if we get more strong and interesting competitions up in Yokozuna/Ozeki rankings we will get more of the popularity back - never like the time of Taka/Waka era perhaps but we will see more full capacity days - actually the Tokyo bashos are getting little better now.

Actually southern Ossetia is a pert of Georgia - well, de jure at least, but not de facto, they are trying to be independent but also they want to join russia like north ossetia. Either way.

To Jonosuke.

Do you happen to know if there is anything physically wrong with him as he was not exactly successful this basho? Is he saying anything about this basho?

I shall ask him after the end of basho.

I guess Hakurozan is not sure yet about which heya he is joining (does he happen to know his name?

The name of the future Ozumo participant is Soslan Gagloev. It is unknown in which heya he will take part. As I know this ditale is not settle at this moment.

You know people need a scapegoat...so some people get into their xenophobic mode. Yeah they mention that they don't have strong Japanese rikishis competing, people are not watching sumo on TV or coming to see watch sumo in person.

From my point of veiw the participance of gaijin-s have to rise the popularity of Sumo in the world like Judo and Karate.

but then again as everyone here knows I have problems coming up with Japaense names too

Let me ask you - are you Japanes and where are you from?

Svanidze - I do not consider political queschens cours thay are too confuse.

I only want to say that Ossetians are not neither Russians nor Georgians.

@Ossetian:

Your question about meaning of Yukio was split into a new topic and moved here.