Sign in to follow this  
Guest bnona

predictions of the *2007* Kyushu Basho Banzuke!

Guest bnona

Okie dokie... just for fun, here then are my predictions of the *2007*

Kyushu Basho Banzuke! :)

In future foreigners will dominate sumo.!!!!!!

hahaha

In sanyaki 7-10 foreigners.

here it is, my 2007 Kyushu Basho Banzuke! :)

Asashoryu Yokuzana - Hakuho

Kotooshu Yokuzana

Wakanosato Ozeki Kokkai

Roho Ozeki Kotomitsuki

Ama Sekiwake Kisenosato

Asasekiryu Komusubi

hahaha

In the future? I must have missed something, I thought Asashoryu was both non-Japanese and pretty damn dominant over the last two years already.

I don't know about the future, but Makushita at this moment I do know-16 foreigners- 6 already have KK, 1 is MK, 5 more will be if they don't win tomorrow. Most of them are centered around mid -Makushita and lower. None of them will be up for promotion in the next two Bashos at least, it seems.

11 of the 16 are at their highest -ever ranks, and 4 of these already have their KKs.

hahaha

In the future? I must have missed something, I thought Asashoryu was both non-Japanese and pretty damn dominant over the last two years already.

One yokozuna is foreigner, true, but how about the three foreign yokozuna proposed by 2007? Sounds interesting and rather probable! :-/ And will it make the Japanese withdraw from sumo even more or will it attract more female fans of the Beckham of Sumo? He-he-he! (Punk rocker...)

Guest Needle201

being in japan at the moment and noticing that the japanese care less and less about sumo, i dont see how this is anything to cheer at.

hahaha

One yokozuna is foreigner, true, but how about the three foreign yokozuna proposed by 2007? Sounds interesting and rather probable! (Punk rocker...) And will it make the Japanese withdraw from sumo even more or will it attract more female fans of the Beckham of Sumo? He-he-he! (Clapping wildly...)

Considering his banzuke proposal doesn't include a single sanyaku that isn't already in Makuuchi, I find the whole thing somewhat less than realistic. (Although the foreigners' dominance could well be true. It could also be completely wrong, though.) There's always a dark horse still in Juryo or even lower. Three years can be a long time in sumo. Asashoryu took only 2 1/2 years to go from Makushita to Yokozuna, after all. There could be several guys going from Makushita to at least Komusubi in the upcoming three years.

BTW, Komusubi Asasekiryu? :-S (Blinking...) (Laughing...) Well, nice to see that somebody's still keeping hope alive.

Guest Needle201

i dont believe in a "Ozeki Kotomitsuki" anymore.. (Clapping wildly...)

There's always a dark horse still in Juryo or even lower.

Yep, Ichinoya will rise.

There's always a dark horse still in Juryo or even lower.

Yep, Ichinoya will rise.

Yes! Maybe to Juryo! (Eating...) I am still keeping the faith! Seriously though, I hope he is still competing in 2007! (Neener, neener...)

Okie dokie... just for fun, here then are my predictions of the *2007*

Kyushu Basho Banzuke! :)

hahaha

In sanyaki 7-10 foreigners.

here it is, my 2007 Kyushu Basho Banzuke! :)

Asashoryu Yokuzana - Hakuho

Kotooshu Yokuzana

Wakanosato Ozeki Kokkai

Roho Ozeki Kotomitsuki

Ama Sekiwake Kisenosato

Asasekiryu Komusubi

Kotooshu yokozuna? I don't think so.

I also have given up on Kotomitsuki as Ozeki but I used to think he could.

Kokkai? I don't see it now. Roho? He needs more bulk.

Ama, Kisenosato - I sure like Kisnosato. Maybe he'll make it even higher! Ama may get here, I can't tell.

Asasekiryu? I've kind of given up on him. Kind of because I can't recall thinking he'd make it anyway. Komusubi isn't that hard to do so he might appear there in a Tokitsuumi (he's been there once hasn't he?) kind of way but not as a frequent fixture.

I agree with the other posters that we'd all better hope for a few more Japanese at the top. A glut of foreigners there won't help the sport's domestic popularity. Wakanosato and Kisenosato are the brightest hopes now.

Where did you bury Chiyotaikai? I really don't think he'll drop out or retire that soon, nor do I think he'll make it to the top. Pencil him in as Ozeki or kadoban Ozeki. Unless he had a horrible accident, I can't see him losing that rank.

Komusubi isn't that hard to do so he might appear there in a Tokitsuumi (he's been there once hasn't he?) kind of way but not as a frequent fixture.

Nope. Never been higher than M3.