Sign in to follow this  
sumofan

Hakuho vs KaioU

asterisk Yokozuna

Asterisk Yokozuna? Did I miss something in this post or another thread somewhere? (Applauding...)

However I am fan of Hakuho, but today Kaio must win. It is first step his yokozuna promotion. I hope Kaio became yokozuna.

I am sure his old folk (olympic silver medalist) called him from Mongolia and gave him some ass-kicking hints. Cannot wait to see this bout.

what do you mean by this bro??? Anyways hmmm..uhhhh cant really think of anything else to say... maybe change your avatar?? lol (Tochiazuma wa mo intai shita ho ga yosaso da na.....)

I like to have following scenario.

1. Kaio will lose to Hakuho, but will win all the remaining bouts.

2. Asashoryu only loses to Kaio.

This will make all 3 somehow happy after basho.

(Applauding...)

Here is a different take on this.

I suppose most of the sumo community wants to see a japanese yokozuna and it would be even better if he got his tsuna in front of his home crowd. In the past, I have suspected that wins were sort of given to rikishi who were 'supposed' to be promoted.

Hakuho, not being japanese, may not be willing to play this sort of game. Now that Kaio has shown that he can come close to 13 wins on his own, some rikishi might be inspired to try a bit less hard against him to help bring about the fairy-tale ending that the nation mostly wants.

Kaio may well beat Hakuho in a fair and honest match and he will have to because I doubt very much that Hakuho will take any yaocho to go easy on him. Throw in the fact that Hakuho is a tough match for anyone and the outcome of the match is very much up in the air.

Does anyone remember when Wakanohana was going for his yokozuna promotion and Musashimaru got "oshidashi'd" by him? It was the most pathetic thing I ever saw in sumo. Waka barely touched him and he turned around and pranced out out the dohyo like a little fairy! Obviously it was suggested to him that it would be great if Waka were promoted and so he gave it to him. The favour was returned soon enough when 'Maru was promoted except that Maru was actually capable of performing at the level of Yokozuna unlike Waka. I say it was politics or yoacho or both and I say that the new batch of Mongolians (Asashoryu and after) are honest sportsmen who won't go for it!

- a bit of a rant off topic, I know, but I'm finsihed now.

I have a different take.

I think many would try a bit less hard to beat Kaio because the whole kyokai and japanese sumo fans want him to be promotable.

I don't think Hakuho will go for it because I think he and Asashoryu are honest sportsmen who don't care about popular opinion since it isn't their country anyway.

I remember when Wakanohana was promoted and it seemed pretty obvious that Musashimaru threw his match with him. Maru was a foreigner too but he may have been playing a bit of politics to ensure support for his own run later. Also, it could have been yaocho. We know that it happens sometimes we just don't know how often and who is involved.

Nothing the newer Mongolians has done has indicated to me that they would allow politics or bribery to influence their bouts. I think they are mad with desire to be the best and Kaio will have to be at his best tonight (which may well be good enough anyway).

Sorry for the double post, I thought I'd deleted my first one accidentally.

I worded it differently and more briefly the second time so enjoy it again!

Hakuho, not being japanese, may not be willing to play this sort of game....

Kaio may well beat Hakuho in a fair and honest match and he will have to because I doubt very much that Hakuho will take any yaocho to go easy on him....

I say that the new batch of Mongolians (Asashoryu and after) are honest sportsmen who won't go for it!

Since Hakuho had the hutspa (spelling questionable) to pull a henka against Hokutoriki on senshuraku of this year's Natsu Basho to deprive Hoku of the yusho (in his first makuuchi basho BTW), I say you are right on! (I have to grit my teeth to put "henka" and "honest sportsmen" in the same breath.) (No, no, no...)

Edited by Shomishuu

I am sure his old folk (olympic silver medalist) called him from Mongolia and gave him some ass-kicking hints. Cannot wait to see this bout.
what do you mean by this bro??? Anyways hmmm..uhhhh cant really think of anything else to say... maybe change your avatar?? lol (Tochiazuma wa mo intai shita ho ga yosaso da na.....)

What I meant is Hakuho's father. He got silver medal from Mexico Olympic in free style wrestling. Hakuho calls him almost everyday before or after bouts. Concerning today's match, I am sure his old folk gave some advices.

Hakuho won!!!! (No, no, no...)

I didnt expect him to defeat Kaio that early....

Wakanosato also stays at one loss, working on his ozeki promotion

Hakuho wins by yoritaoshi, forcing KaioU to win all his remaining bouts if he wants to become yokozuna (not going to happen after this loss if you ask me)

Great match (No, no, no...)

Guest bnona

Now you guys saw how many is incredblie rikishis have from Mongolia. Next yokozuna Hakuho pending now.

Asashoryu+ Hakuho(9+?)>>Akebono+Musashimaru(23 yushos)

Go go go

I (Censored) KNEW IT!

And i wrote it last nite. It was just a feeling, but it didn't surprise me at all when I heard.

(I am not worthy...) hakuho (Being unsure...)

can't wait to see him and asa in the dohyo... ;-) (Applauding...) (Applauding...) (Applauding...) (Applauding...) (Applauding...) (Applauding...)

spoke to 3 old Japanese men on this yesterday - love Hakuho all of them but can't see any way Kaio can lose - experience etc.

Thus - my choice to go for Hakuho. (Being unsure...)

Won't make a difference to toto - have 23 or 22 and some dood with less wins but enough 'draws' in a sport without them (not technically I know) - beats me anyway ;-)

oops I did it again (cue shite Britney pop here) - I picked up enough, to pick up a win, I'm saying baby - opps I did it again......

and, is it me or do the German members (no pun intended) of Sekitoto opt for the draw options more than any other nationality - come on lads (that do) - grow a pair - and pick one or the other.

Not (I am not worthy...) are we?

[and, is it me or do the German members (no pun intended) of Sekitoto opt for the draw options more than any other nationality - come on lads (that do) - grow a pair - and pick one or the other.

Not (I am not worthy...) are we?

The draw option is an inherent and important part of the game, as it is called Sekitori Toto, and in toto, you go for the 1,2,X choices. The option is there -use it at your own risk..Much like a henka. Some like it, some don't. I personally used to use it in the past, but don't anymore, because I find it takes out all the fun for me. That's why I'm 3-7, I guess. I did do better in the past though, without the x factor.

And I'm not sure the Germans do it more than anyone else-I think their numbers are bigger, so, it could be this and nothing else.

It's funny to read how all You people know what will happen before it even happens.

which is of course what being a fan is all about. (I am not worthy...)

lets go over the rules one more time:

- if your idol wins, it is because he is the best

- if he loses, it is because the other one was playing unfair/ bad luck / wrong referee decision / quantum uncertainty

- if he is doing great -> WE are doing great

- if he is not doing great -> HE is not doing great

(Being unsure...)

That's really funny! Had a good laughter thank you!

I can't believe that I missed that bout! :-P According to the picture from sekiryu in the other thread Kaio must have been totaly overpowered by Hakuho, eh?

Yoritaoshi, can't believe it...When was the last time Kaio was yoritaoshied? It's long ago I suppose.

Yoritaoshi, can't believe it...When was the last time Kaio was yoritaoshied? It's long ago I suppose.

On Day 1 of July 2002, by Tochinonada.

Found it Day 1 Nagoya Basho 2002 against Tochinonada, but Kaio was in bad health and did go kyujo.

edit: (Oops! ) alright, Kinta-san you are too fast for me. Thanks. :-P

Edited by Araiwa

Nothing against Kaio, but...

(In a state of confusion...) :-P (Licking icecream...) (Hypnotic...) (Clown...) (Enjoying a beer...) (Bouncing group)

WAY TO GO HA KU HO!!! (repeat 5 times)

I can't believe that I missed that bout! :-P According to the picture from sekiryu in the other thread Kaio must have been totaly overpowered by Hakuho, eh?

The photo was a bit misleading. Both of them tried a sukuinage at about the same time, and Hakuho got there first.

I am no kimarte expert, but it looked more like a sukuinage to me.