Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Tochikamiyama runaway speculations (split from Kyujo Updates)

On 09/03/2024 at 14:44, Yubinhaad said:

Ms3e Tochimusashi

Ms35e Tochikamiyama

The tabloids and their YT reports are heating up with the talk that Tochikamiyama was bullied by Tochimusashi and fled to his parents, having the intai papers handed in by the oyakata, who tries to hide it all. o

We'll see if the biggest criminal in the NSK gets away with it again.

• Sad 5

40 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

The tabloids and their YT reports are heating up with the talk that Tochikamiyama was bullied by Tochimusashi and fled to his parents, having the intai papers handed in by the oyakata, who tries to hide it all. o

Soon we'll have everyone in one big heya...

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Reonito said:

Nishonoseki will have the only one spacious enough to accommodate it.

19 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

Nishonoseki will have the only one spacious enough to accommodate it.

And the only one "clean" enough?

1 hour ago, Reonito said:

The oobeya prophecy will come true

• Like 1

Is it the machine translation that's not too accurate, or is Shincho trying to drive a point that Kasugano is a massive hypocrite for being one of the driving forces behind their treatment of Miyagino while this is going on under his nose?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Koorifuu said:

Is it the machine translation that's not too accurate, or is Shincho trying to drive a point that Kasugano is a massive hypocrite for being one of the driving forces behind their treatment of Miyagino while this is going on under his nose?

Yes pretty much.

They also report calling Kasugano directly, first asking whether the rumours of Tochimusashi's bullying are true, to which he sternly replied "I have nothing to say about the matter".

Then upon asking if he did indeed force Tochikamiyama to hand in his retirement papers, he slammed the phone down.

While it's not a good look, I assume this is the standard reception that tabloids get; naturally they've chosen to emphasise his response or rather lack thereof in order to further paint him in a negative light

Edited by rokudenashi
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The tabloids and their YT reports are heating up with the talk that Tochikamiyama was bullied by Tochimusashi

Tochikamiyama chats with me on Facebook every now and then, and a few weeks ago he just disappeared. I saw he was kyujo so thought maybe he's undergoing treatment. But this? 

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Do I understand this correctly: Tochikayama gets bullied, it gets so bad he run away back home and Kasugano's response to that is to force him to retire? He doesn't force the bully to retire, he forces the victim... I really hope I'm misunderstanding the situation.

14 minutes ago, Ripe said:

Do I understand this correctly: Tochikayama gets bullied, it gets so bad he run away back home and Kasugano's response to that is to force him to retire? He doesn't force the bully to retire, he forces the victim... I really hope I'm misunderstanding the situation.

You're not, I'm afraid. That's indeed what Shincho is claiming.

16 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

You are talking about the guy who beat his students with golf clubs and got away with a slap on the wrist?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tigerboy1966 said:

You are talking about the guy who beat his students with golf clubs and got away with a slap on the wrist?

Yes, he has a record of more things unpunished - some are listed in this thread

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koorifuu said:

You're not, I'm afraid. That's indeed what Shincho is claiming.

Well, it will be very very interesting to see how they handle this mess... will they decide to shut down Kasugano as well? Will they force Kasugano into early retirement? Or will they do nothing of importance and just let it slide?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ripe said:

Well, it will be very very interesting to see how they handle this mess... will they decide to shut down Kasugano as well? Will they force Kasugano into early retirement? Or will they do nothing of importance and just let it slide?

I assume whatever happened there is more difficult to prove than Hokuseiho's reign of terror. This wouldn't be the first rikishi to run away from his heya.

This might be more like the recent Oshoma scandal (or "scandal" if you wish). 

Posted (edited)

Tochikamiyama doesn't fit the profile of some meek runaway though. He was a win away from making juryo and has been a solid upper makushita contender, coming through many tough matches. He's been doing sumo for years, was a standout member of the top sumo high school, went to a top sumo program in middle school and won the middle school yokozuna title....I doubt he's a shrinking violet who suddenly found sumo is just not his thing, so if he did run away I think it would be something serious. 

Edited by Katooshu
  • Like 4

Tochimushashi isn't even that good, despite the juryo yusho, why not throw him under the bus and look the hero? I understand covering up Hokuseiho's Terror, he's 6'8", a naturalized citizen, and was a guaranteed sekitori if not sanyakuu, and would probably have been for a decade+. I feel like every rikishi I like has gotten an abuse scandal this year

19 minutes ago, incognito said:

Tochimushashi isn't even that good, despite the juryo yusho, why not throw him under the bus and look the hero?

Heya culture.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, incognito said:

Tochimushashi isn't even that good,

He is their 2nd highest ranked rikishi (after Aoiyama), soon to be surpassed by Tsukahara.

• Like 1

I think the Kasugano drama may need its own thread

1 minute ago, WAKATAKE said:

I think the Kasugano drama may need its own thread

Beat me to it by a minute...