Sign in to follow this  
Athenayama

Games talk Haru 24

2 minutes ago, Oskanohana said:

Let me help you pick then. As you have both available (I also do), you may think that the winner from Hidenoumi-Kotoeko is a fairly easy pick. But have you thought that maybe Hidenoumi, who's not competing for anything at all, might be merciful and let clearly injured Kotoeko win just for him to save face a little? Just think about it.

You are evil ! You know that ? ? (Laughing...)

1 minute ago, Athenayama said:

You are evil ! You know that ? ? (Laughing...)

Not joking, I consider these things. More often than not, I don't see the forest for the trees as I overthink particularly easy matters. As for my conclusion to this one, you can see it tomorrow on my picks (or maybe not because I didn't pick any of the two for this reason, who knows?)

5 minutes ago, Oskanohana said:

Not joking, I consider these things. More often than not, I don't see the forest for the trees as I overthink particularly easy matters. As for my conclusion to this one, you can see it tomorrow on my picks (or maybe not because I didn't pick any of the two for this reason, who knows?)

More seriously now, don't worry I considered all that also myself. And even I'm xrong there are still 3 other picks to give me the win. We'll find out soon enough. Good luck anyway !

11 hours ago, Athenayama said:

We'll find out soon enough.

(Clappingwildly...)(Jumpinginecstasy...)(Punkrocker...)

• Like 1

I would like to congratulate Next-ozeki-ura for on @Kintamayama's ISP yusho.  The 7-day winning streak, including the final day Kotoshoho pick sealed the deal.  It was the closest I came to winning any sumo game in about 10 years.  I'm not sure if Next-ozeki-ura is on the forum.... it would be great if all the ISP players could join the forum.

Anyone knows who's the player "konya ga yamada"?

57 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

According to Sumo Game profile, it is somebody from France.

Congrats to all the winners! A more unpredictable besho that needed extra skills! I've defended my January title as well as Terunofuji did, but... Losing two basho on tie breaks ARGHHHH?

I think I've lost JuryoGame to kuroimori on the 5th tie breaker (highest rank). 

21 hours ago, Oskanohana said:

Actually, I noticed this basho that this rule exists , as I thought that maybe you could change your defaults mid-basho, but the screen tells you clearly can't. (I was afraid Kotoeko would go kyujo, as he should have, and I'd get stuck. Luckily, I solved this conundrum putting my trust in Shodai and that got me places)

This is going to make me rethink my defaults for next basho and pick maybe solid guys instead of severely underranked rikishi that are going to get 12+ wins, like Wakatakakage and Hakuoho (that was a good prediction). In a perfect world, this default lock could be changed so you could default daily also but maybe the rijicho thinks this lock adds flavour to the game. Or maybe it's too cumbersome to change the code.

Thanks to somebody's utter collapse, Quad Yusho is up for grabs. That somebody is the only one that can compete with my tie-breaker but we'd need to win and hope that @Athenayama and Norizo of all people lose tomorrow for that to even matter. Is @Jakusotsu going to tank his tie-breaker or is he picking the Kotoeko's of the world he has available?

Regarding SumoGame, despite the site's amazing stats page, I don't think you can easily look up 15-0 and 0-15 results in history. Tomorrow we could have one in juryo and one in makuuchi.

0-14  // 14-0

Man, Andrasoyama isn't doing too hot and I don't think he's even droning or anything. Tough luck he's having, I'm rooting for him (as I'm not the one facing him).

The 14-0 run in juryo is even more impressive given that it features a whopping 2 tie-breaker wins the whole basho. And the wanker hasn't even scored as many points as me.

I don't know if @Kaito's green mawashi is really a done deal. I think I saw the Panda also doing pretty fine for himself, but if it is, congrats. I guess my confidence in Takerufuji doing just "fine" really didn't pay off.

Unfortunately, I was sick, I couldn't add enough to avoid a negative record...it's like a kyujo...it's also a miracle what I achieved in Bench...

I almost got the Odd Yusho back, but it came down to Kotonowaka vs Kirishima in the end and my Can't-Win-the-Last-Leg-of-a-Bet disease flared up again. Managed to hold on for 4 Yusho still (Oracle, UDH, TTT, Toto), despite tripping all over my own feet on the last day.

• Like 1

I caught up just now with the results, as yesterday I couldn't watch the bouts and I didn't want any spoilers.

On 23/03/2024 at 23:25, Athenayama said:

More seriously now, don't worry I considered all that also myself. And even I'm xrong there are still 3 other picks to give me the win. We'll find out soon enough. Good luck anyway !

Why, oh, why, couldn't I psych you out? I'm trying here all my mentalist tricks and they don't work. I guess you were wearing Magneto's helmet, it's not that I don't have psychic powers. obviously. Well, and you won Abi's daily coin toss.(Ranting...)

22 hours ago, Kaito said:

I almost got the Odd Yusho back, but it came down to Kotonowaka vs Kirishima in the end and my Can't-Win-the-Last-Leg-of-a-Bet disease flared up again. Managed to hold on for 4 Yusho still (Oracle, UDH, TTT, Toto), despite tripping all over my own feet on the last day.

4 yusho and stil complaining. You should leave something for us, plebs. Also, don't get too far on the world championship. Someone somewhere has a title to defend, you know? Congratulations on dropping your vegetables all over your mawashi. Rando is probably compiling the results as I speak, I'd be amazed if you don't win with 70+ points.

23 hours ago, Andrasoyamawaka02 said:

Unfortunately, I was sick, I couldn't add enough to avoid a negative record...it's like a kyujo...it's also a miracle what I achieved in Bench...

Sorry to hear that. Amazingly, a drone would have had quite a good chance to win in SG with yesterday's massacre. Important thing is: get healthy and in mawashi shape. The more, the merrier.

15 minutes ago, Oskanohana said:

I caught up just now with the results, as yesterday I couldn't watch the bouts and I didn't want any spoilers.

Why, oh, why, couldn't I psych you out? I'm trying here all my mentalist tricks and they don't work. I guess you were wearing Magneto's helmet, it's not that I don't have psychic powers. obviously. Well, and you won Abi's daily coin toss.(Ranting...)

So it was meant to be that way. :-)
I'm proud  I resisted the pressure against so many prestigious players. It was hard though !

24 minutes ago, Oskanohana said:

4 yusho and stil complaining. You should leave something for us, plebs. Also, don't get too far on the world championship. Someone somewhere has a title to defend, you know? Congratulations on dropping your vegetables all over your mawashi. Rando is probably compiling the results as I speak, I'd be amazed if you don't win with 70+ points.

Sorry, that was meant to be the version without complaints. I originally had some whining to do about Roto and Sumo Game too, but I held back. I'm certainly quite happy overall!

I'm still waiting for Hoshitori Game. But yeah, Kaito's order with the sumo apparel services was not in vain - he'll win the Green Mawashi. Currently short of 90 points but that might change with the Hoshitori Game final standings.

41 minutes ago, Randomitsuki said:

I'm still waiting for Hoshitori Game. But yeah, Kaito's order with the sumo apparel services was not in vain - he'll win the Green Mawashi. Currently short of 90 points but that might change with the Hoshitori Game final standings.

Shhhhhh, guys, he's always watching, even if you don't mention him directly. Crones say he has an algorithm that scrapes the whole internet looking for near mentions of him, or that he himself is an algorithm.

(Afearfulrikishi...)     I'll go away now...

On 24/03/2024 at 17:40, Joaoiyama said:

On 24/03/2024 at 18:37, Bunbukuchagama said:

According to Sumo Game profile, it is somebody from France.

Must be a typo if he/she is really from France. Then it should read 'Cognac yamada'.

Ganzohnesushi

• Haha 4