Sign in to follow this  
Phelix

Watching who?

Who will you be giving extra attention this basho? This basho feels very interesting indeed.

Asashoruy-sort of a bit fired up, if you know what I mean...

Kaio-last try, do or die

Muso-please make koshi

(Sign of disapproval)

Tochiazuma -please make it! I know you can!

Kokkai-time for a break-out basho for him

Hakuho - (Applauding...) to the man with the --- of stone

Kisenosato-premier for the wonderboy

Kotooshu- (Laughing...) I must admit

I think that the greatest threat to Asa is not Tochiazuma, he could be, but he

Watching everyone! Really excited and looking forward to a strong basho with lots of surprises. And possibly a new yokozuna! Hakuho is defintely going up and hope he defeats the yokozuna soon. As for Tochiazuma, hope he doesnt get injured again and holds on to his ozekihood. And out for the boring Musoyama, hope he loses his status for the good of all. And why is it time for a break for Kokkai? I think he should go for sekiwake! (Applauding...)

- !ASASHORYU!- :-D

- HAKUHO- because I think he's the next asa, not yet but...

- EUROPEAN GUYS- especially Rohou (he has that mean look of a natural born killer that makes me think he will top all other europeans)

- TOCHIAZUMA- hope to see his positive record on asa going down, or 7-7 for now. Wouldn't like to see him win again there...

Dejima, as always. Although this time I wouldn't mind so much if he lost the yusho to Kaio in a kettei-sen. Any kk would be nice, as it would put him in the sanyaku. A surprise return to ozekihood in 2005? (Laughing...)

Kaiho is by far my favorite rikishi (even more than shoryu I have to admit) his technique and skill are really unparralled by any (yes including hakuho!) aside from him I'll be keeping my eye on Kisenosato who definately seems to be the man to watch for the future, as well as Ama who inspite of being a virtual "stick" in the top divisions has managed to continue to ascend the ranks, well see.......I'd also keep an eye out for Chiyotaikai who may be due for a big tourn -

Edited by Ryukaze

Actually, im curious how well Miyabiyama will do... when he started as sekiwake last basho, i expected a double digit loss, and he made kachi koshi instead...

Tochinonada - can he pull a KaioU and actually stay in san'yaku this time?

Kyokushuzan - how far will his Waseda-instilled moving forward take him?

KAIHO! :-)

Hayateumi - can he float in makuuchi for longer times?

Kinki - what's up with that boy? :-)

Tamakasuga - struggling valiantly. (Laughing...)

Kotonowaka (Heart) - will he retire as san'yaku? :-P

This year we had three Mongolians making their Makunouchi debut with a Juryo Yusho under their mawashi, and those will be the guys I'll watch:

Hakuho - Sanyaku or make-koshi? I'll bet on the first!

Tokitenku - elevator up this time or down again? We'll see...

Ama - a mirror of Tokitenku or a class of his own? He was very convincing in Juryo despite his low weight and might find his place among the Kaiho-like regulars.

This tournament, I will "follow":

- Asashoryu, to see how he will react after his bad Aki basho

- Kaio, to see if he is psychollagically OK

- Musoyama and Tochiazuma, to see if they will keep their rank

- Hakuho, (c'est le plus b

In My Opinion, Hakuho is getting a MK this time (but it won't be a big one, not a double digit one i think)..

I also think that Dejima will slip down the Banzuke but not that far either..

Kotooshu's place is higher than where he's at right now, the same applies to Roho.. The big tests for them will be when they get to Maegashira 1-4 (if they do)

As to Kokkai I will be rooting for him but in the bottom of my heart i don't expect a double digit Kachi Koshi for him.. I think it's about time to get to sanyaku this time !

Watching who? Well, I am watching Asashoryu. Last basho we wasn't good. I think it's time that he shows everyone the tsuriotoshi that he's been threatening everyone with.

I also think that Asasekiryu will get a rather high Kachi Koshi. Ama will make his 8 easily with that kind of lower Makuuchi.

Bewahre of Hakurozan.

one and all from the Jonokuchi up.

Tamanoi's Azuma / Yoshi / Shibs / Takaazuma especially.

Hope tokitenku does well too - think he'll benefit in the long run - dark horse climber under the shadow of Hakuho.

Who will I be watching?

Literally? Nobody because I cant.

Who am I interested in?

Asashoryu of course.

Kaio to see if he can finally make that step.

New hopes Ama and Kotooshu.

Expecting good results from Asasekiryu and Hokutoriki again.

And Kyokutenho.

ANDRE AND RYUKAZE, WHEN YOU SAID KAIHO, DID YOU MEAN THIS GUY? OR WERE YOU MISSPELLING OZEKI KAIO? I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WOULD LIKE KAIHO THAT MUCH.

johnkaiho.jpg

NB. Kaiho left in picture.

I will watch all the new guys Ama, Kotooshu, Roho, Kisenosato, Kokkai and Hakuho. In Juryo, maybe Kotoshogiku's progress. That's it. The rest are predictable for some degree. ;-)

Kaiho is by far my favorite rikishi (even more than shoryu I have to admit) his technique and skill are really unparralled by any (yes including hakuho!)

(Applauding...)

i found a fellow Kaiho fan !!!!!

and yes John I mean KAIHO ... i haven't mispelled the name .... ;-)

Kaiho is by far my favorite rikishi (even more than shoryu I have to admit) his technique and skill are really unparralled by any (yes including hakuho!)

(Applauding...)

Eeeh... why?

i really don't understand what you mean Phelix ..... but if you look at nishinoshima's (john) previous post you could get an answer.... (Eh?)

(Sigh...)

Eeeh... why?

Yes Nishinoshima I definately meant "Kai-HO"! lol

Phelix! you know you gotta holla at ya boy now! aside from now ama, he's been the lightest weighted rikishi to stay afloat in makuuchi for some time (as if that alone didn't deserve props!). Homeboy's got mad "skittles"! (something tells me I should translate that as "skills" for everyone on this board) with the mawashi, and in general. THE MOST SKILLED rikishi in sumo as we speak I dont see how anyone can say they dont enjoy watching this guy! Personally i think sumo would be much more exciting than it is if more of the lighter weight technique minded rikishi could rise up! ( just hope Shoryu doesnt keep gaining weight) Anywayz BLOW! There ya have it! Kaiho my boy holla! lol (Pulling hair...)

Edited by Ryukaze

Fujisan - I know the feeling! It

Kaio - its time to make the final step

Takekaze - steadily improving and on his way to sanyaku (it might take some time, but he'll be there).

... and of course both kadoban Ozekis, just to see if Musoyama is still Musoyama and if Tochiazuma is ok.

Anjoboshi.

Watching for Kaio's tsunatori, of course. also Tochi, Muso (maybe the last), Hayateumi (of course), and the assorted Big Debuts in both of the top divisions. and Hakuho, who's got a decent shot at a Shukunsho this time out, i think.

will be watching the whole basho with great pleasure (Applauding...)(Applauding...), as it will likely be my last "live in Japan" basho, since i am planning to return to the U.S. next month, and will therefore miss all the great stuff that's gonna happen next year.... :'-(

enjoy it while it lasts! :-D (Sign of approval)