Sign in to follow this  
Randomitsuki

Hatsu 2024 Superbanzuke Masters Series

Hullo.

The first Masters Series of 2024 is in the bags.

The gaming year starts with a nice surprise, with a relatively new player (Kajiyanosho) receiving his first Green Mawashi. And what a deserved title it is, with a strong 55 points. The foundation for his triumph was a triple yusho (Chaingang, Hoshitori Game, Norizo Cup).
With a double yusho in the twin games (Ozumo Bingo, Paper Oyakata), Kotohirayama receives the shukun-sho, his/her first Superbanzuke sansho ever.
The gino-sho goes to Susanoo for balanced strong performance in pre-basho games (e.g., Juryo Game yusho) and on the daily scene (jun-yusho in Quad and Toto). It's already the ninth Technique Prize for Susanoo, and now he is tied again for most gino-sho ever (with Norizo).
Oskahanada gets his fourth career kanto-sho as he was the highest-placed player to achieve 6 Top 10 finishes. His last Fighting Spirit Prize was more than ten years ago.
Congratulations to all the winners!

Final results can be found at http://99998271.com/sb/sbmsnew202401.html

The same results, but with a slightly different design are on display in the World Championship standings.

• Thanks 7

Hard to believe that Kajiyanosho and Pitinosato are not the same person. B-)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

AMAZING! Very happy about this. The stars have aligned - I didn't think I could beat all the veterans!

I trusted Terunofuji to bring it home and that really paid off, I guess (especially in the Norizo Cup). And Takerufuji helped me out in Chain Gang. Thank you Isegahama!

The basho started off with a huge facepalm when I realised I mistakenly chose Onosato as Weak Maegashira in Juryo Game. Thankfully it didn't count!

Let's hope I won't crash down too quickly...

tardelli-urlo.gif

• Like 4

Is there anyone I can talk to about my Paper Oyakata profile? It won't let me log in and when I try to recover my password it wont send it to my email